Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
Another shropshire valiant

Norman Smurthwaite bids for Bury FC

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 09:00, CAVALIER said:

I’m sure there are ways that he can get involved, through companies/family members etc. As long as Bury fans know that he’s in it purely for himself then they’ll be ok. Anything is better than going under even Norm. 

Remember the threats he made to our club if he didn't get the price he wanted. The EFL should remember this, not invite him to make an offer. They shouldnt let this vile nasty little sh**e anywhere near another football club.    

Nice to see Solskaer saying that Man U will do anything they can to help Bury - as if they give a jot about lower league clubs. 

They spend more money on one player than most  lower league sides see in 10 seasons. The unequal share of football money is one of the main reasons lower clubs suffer - as if Premiership clubs care ! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As sorry as I am for Bury's supporters,I can't get it out of my head that they cheated their way to promotion,and if they had managed by the skin of their teeth to survive then they would have been laughing their heads off at the rest of the football league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The fans were happy to ride along and gloat when poaching everyone's players offering silly money.  They have funded there way to promotion by not paying anybody what they were due and the fans lapped it up...

Everyone with a brain cell could see where it was heading and they did nothing and now they are losing there club.  Let this be a warning to the idiots on here and in the stands who accused those rallying against scumthwaite of being trouble makers etc...  Bury is the example of the club you deserved, fortunately for you some of Vale finest had more fortitude than that.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aspin for england said:

Remember the threats he made to our club if he didn't get the price he wanted. The EFL should remember this, not invite him to make an offer. They shouldnt let this vile nasty little sh**e anywhere near another football club.    

Aspo, I whole heartedly agree with your points. However if we were in Bury’s position, even Smurfthwaite is better than going under.  At least your still alive and breathing.

However one thing I will say about the Blue One is that despite his appalling tenure with us, as far as I know staff never went unpaid. That isn’t much to credit him with as all staff should be paid at all times.

But the Bury, Bolton & Macclesfield situations take skullduggery to a different level.

Not quite sure of the timeline but did folks like Danny Mayer and his mates who all buggered off get paid? Even Byron jumped to Plymouth. 

Not quite sure of the timeline but did folks like Danny Mayer and his mates who all buggered off get paid? Even Byron jumped to Plymouth. 

Some did some didn’t from what I read, if they didn’t pay them they’d be able to cancel their contract and leave for free (think that’s the case in how we got Evans for example from Macc) however I think they had to buy Telford which suggests he was paid so they could get the fee.

Why not? He bled plenty of money out of Vale. The fact the FL want him to bid, just shows any old fool with a bit of money can have a go. 

If I were Smurfwaite, i’d be bidding too. You can be corrupt as one wants, yet still leave with loads of money. 

• Like 1

David Conn (Journalist) has tweeted that the company of Steve Dale's daughter's partner bought 7 million of the clubs debt in July for just 70k.

Now, they want 1.75 million.

Smurthwaite's got what he wanted out of this, he's got his fizzog in the national press again and has had people talking about him as though he was a credible proposition. Hopefully his ego's been satisfied and he'll bugger off now he's run out of crisis clubs to stalk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stupers said:

David Conn (Journalist) has tweeted that the company of Steve Dale's daughter's partner bought 7 million of the clubs debt in July for just 70k.

Now, they want 1.75 million.

True, the company that voted through the CVA on 18th of July I think was only incorporated a couple of days before.

It wielded something like £7 million worth of voting rights at the CVA because it had bought the debt off one of Bury's creditors for 1p in the pound. I think it was the debt to the former owner and his investment fund.

Edited by Santa

Found it interesting the connection to Steve Dale. Not read all the paperwork surrounding the case. Had a hard time working out his angle (Cash, but how?) so things like this make it clearer to work out.

'

5 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Let this be a warning to the idiots on here and in the stands who accused those rallying against scumthwaite of being trouble makers etc..

Sorry, who were these people exactly? Smurthwaite apologists could be counted on the fingers of one foot. On the other hand many gave to the Smurthwaite out fund, and participated in the campaign to get him out. Changed your tune these days James.

• Like 1