onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite bids for Bury FC

Advert

1 minute ago, Mario said:

Sky news have reported that fatso has offered, wait for it............................................................................£1.

What's he going to spend the other £4,999,999 from the sale of Vale on? 

If I thought he would do the decent thing and invest properly in Bury then I'd tell him to go for it. But we all know he won't. 

WRT to relegation if Bury and/or Bolton go to the wall.

Its not unusual in non-league football (happened twice to Nuneaton), and I don't think there has been any exceptions.

Less teams will be relegated, and no extra ones for promotion.

If both go, then just 2 relegated, and none from League-2. This has a knock on effect all the way down, but gets complicated when regional football comes in. Then it tends to be the club with highest points from equivalent leagues that are saved...... and that often results in legal challenges.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 09:00, CAVALIER said:

I’m sure there are ways that he can get involved, through companies/family members etc. As long as Bury fans know that he’s in it purely for himself then they’ll be ok. Anything is better than going under even Norm. 

Remember the threats he made to our club if he didn't get the price he wanted. The EFL should remember this, not invite him to make an offer. They shouldnt let this vile nasty little sh**e anywhere near another football club.    

Nice to see Solskaer saying that Man U will do anything they can to help Bury - as if they give a jot about lower league clubs. 

They spend more money on one player than most  lower league sides see in 10 seasons. The unequal share of football money is one of the main reasons lower clubs suffer - as if Premiership clubs care ! 

As sorry as I am for Bury's supporters,I can't get it out of my head that they cheated their way to promotion,and if they had managed by the skin of their teeth to survive then they would have been laughing their heads off at the rest of the football league.

Archived