onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite bids for Bury FC

Advert

Under normal circumstances any sane thinking person wouldn’t touch Fat Face with a barge pole. But these are not “normal circumstances” that currently surround Gigg Lane.

If Smurfthwaite was to buy Bury, wouldn’t that then mean that he would take on their debts ? I don’t see him agreeing to that ! 

Also, why won’t Dale just sell ? Unless this is brinkmanship to the n’th degree. 

Good luck to Shakers everywhere. 

Just shows how ******* shocking the 'Fit & Proper' test still is! How on EARTH has he already received EFL approval & completed due diligence? Did they not see the stuff he pulled whilst here?

Can't stand the guy, never want to see him anywhere near another football club again, never mind the league.

I think it was Smurthwaite himself who said he couldn't get involved in an EFL club because of his ongoing financial interest in Vale. Now since when do we believe a word he says. Probably a swipe at the Shanahans and setting his stall out daring the EFL to bring it up.

What is it with him and asset stripping lower league football teams? Maybe their sales department has a lot of "attractive" ladies? 

If he does ever succeed, I'm sure he'd be guaranteed a "warm" welcome to VP. I'd get on a plane myself and come over to give him the "welcome" back he deserves.

The brother-in-law is a Shakers fan, we go Vale-Bury games together. He used to feel for me. Now I feel for him.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Just shows how ******* shocking the 'Fit & Proper' test still is! How on EARTH has he already received EFL approval & completed due diligence? Did they not see the stuff he pulled whilst here?

Can't stand the guy, never want to see him anywhere near another football club again, never mind the league.

Obviously not much of a test. Smurf`s claim of substantial interest in the Vale as quoted in the press I find hard to believe. Substantial used to be 10%, whether that is still so I do not know. But of more concern to Bury would be his operation of a FC.

9 minutes ago, The Hov said:

Interesting that if they do get kicked out of the league, there will be only 3 relegation places from league 1 and therefore 1 less for promotion from league 2. Makes a promotion for us this season that bit harder.

Makes no difference Bury would in effect  be the 4th team relegated,  leaving only 20 clubs in FL1, thus vacancies for 4  FL2 teams at the end of the season.

Archived