Jump to content
Mario

Stewards tonight.

Recommended Posts

Anybody think it was a bit OTT having a scanner and a pat down before entering the ground considering it was FGR we were playing and considering how many they brought with them.

In fact there was a lot of stewards hanging around doing nothing, I hope the Shanahans are not getting ripped off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Someone tweeted about a 70 year old being searched? Come on, that’s never right

Eddie gets his bag searched at every away ground and he's a lot older than that!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Eddie gets his bag searched at every away ground and he's a lot older than that!!

But what naffs me off is the fact that it’s only usually away fans that get searched not home fans as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Eddie gets his bag searched at every away ground and he's a lot older than that!!

I can understand checking a bag,but old blokes really ? the naughty 70 year olds ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were stood outside the Paddock again but not the Railway.

I saw them physically searching and nosing through the bag of a woman who must have been 70 odd and clearly walked with difficulty. Someone I sit with saw them take a tub of ice cream off two young lads, one about seven and the other no older than 11, not allowing them in with it, then physically frisk them. I'll just say that again, they were physically frisking children.

Completely unnecessary and it makes entering VP a hostile experience.

I struggle to believe this new regime is a condition of the ground safety certificate because you don't see it elsewhere round the country outside of Vale's Cat A high profile matches.

Is this a Phil Mayer initiative? Some new steward firm brought in managed by an overzealous manager?

It's not on.

 

Load of mouthbreathers in high viz jackets. They've been an intermittent issue down Vale for years but this new setup is aggravating. 

 

Carol, lots of customers were asking questions tonight. If you're reading I suggest this is something you get onto. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was the number of them as well, if we have to pay for each individual we are getting ripped off big style, I could understand a big game but FGR .....Seriously ?

Edited by Mario
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t see any problems in the Bycars.  Hardly any stewards, and those that were there arrived late and didn’t appear to have a clue what to do.

I normally have my own steward sitting watching me all match. 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This army of stewards must be costing a fortune.

No wonder we have no money to pay players.

One scanned me at the Railway paddock with one of these magic wands and even though I had my car keys and house keys in my pocket it didn’t go off.

I don’t think it is on frisking young kids and really could be classed as assault.

They were asking 70 year old women if they could check their handbags which is completely OTT.

What happens if you say no..Do they refuse entry.

I understand that there must be security checks but this new securirity company seem to be jobs worth’s who are really upsetting people.

Can the club explain the reason for this increase in security and what are our rights to refuse this intrusion to our privacy.

Are these people vetted before being appointed and if they require any training or qualifications to touch and search people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perhaps the stewards are laying down a line showing that if you are intent on bringing in flares or something else you are likely to be caught so... don`t.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the two entrances to the Lorne Street the people in one queue were being subjected to a metal detector search, one not. You can guess which one I went in.

You can understand their approach if there had been trouble at the ground. To my knowledge it hasn't and I found it frankly a bit OTT.

Edited by Heatwave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Doha said:

They were stood outside the Paddock again but not the Railway.

I saw them physically searching and nosing through the bag of a woman who must have been 70 odd and clearly walked with difficulty. Someone I sit with saw them take a tub of ice cream off two young lads, one about seven and the other no older than 11, not allowing them in with it, then physically frisk them. I'll just say that again, they were physically frisking children.

Completely unnecessary and it makes entering VP a hostile experience.

I struggle to believe this new regime is a condition of the ground safety certificate because you don't see it elsewhere round the country outside of Vale's Cat A high profile matches.

Is this a Phil Mayer initiative? Some new steward firm brought in managed by an overzealous manager?

It's not on.

 

Load of mouthbreathers in high viz jackets. They've been an intermittent issue down Vale for years but this new setup is aggravating. 

 

Carol, lots of customers were asking questions tonight. If you're reading I suggest this is something you get onto. 

I always thought that it’s illegal to search children, needs an official complaint.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy to sort out. Needs a simple club statement 

You watch though, when we get a decent ish away following , they’ll be chucking flares no problem 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Easy to sort out. Needs a simple club statement 

You watch though, when we get a decent ish away following , they’ll be chucking flares no problem 

I don’t think anyone has a problem with youths and youngish men getting searched, but a 70 year old woman is unlikely to have flares in her handbag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

I don’t think anyone has a problem with youths and youngish men getting searched, but a 70 year old woman is unlikely to have flares in her handbag.

That is then discrimination against younger men.  What is the definition of youngish?  Interestingly the few fans who got over the railings when we scored at Salford I would class as late middle aged.  I assume they would be excluded from your search criteria?

The young lady doing the checks on Lorne Street was polite and only checking every 5 or so.  I assume at random/their advised protocol?

i think this was made worse by the turnstile operator who has a little chat with everyone as they enter, using their name off the card.  This allowed quite a queue to build up, and therefore they had more time to search people.  As others have said, the other queue moved far quicker.

I am 50 by the way, so I assume I would not fall into your younger bracket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the turnstile I use they were asking children their age and only checking 16 and over.

Don't see what the issue is. There is usually stewards standing there doing nothing. At least this time they were earning their money.

There always have to be something to moan about on here. At least people arent moaning about the performance.

I always thought that it’s illegal to search children, needs an official complaint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was completely over the top and I just cannot understand why there were so many stewards for such a low profile game.

It must be costing a small fortune, but why, what is this all about? A club statement is definately due to explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my line of work, I often see things which would shock most people, babies and young children used to convey drugs, unbeknownst to the child obviously, I have witnessed a young lad scared to death after being stopped by a store detective, because his “Mums Boyfriend” asked him to “take a box which contained a few cans of lager” out of a supermarket and wait for him..... on the other end of the scale I have seen mums and grandmothers get arrested for conveying illicit items into jails......sadly in the real world things like this happen, and while I wholeheartedly agree that searching a 70 year old for flares might appear a little excessive for a low key game against FGR, I pretty sure that some of those people who set off the flares at the Vale - Stoke game, had them brought into the ground by people who look “innocent”..... the stewards are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bycars rob said:

Perhaps the stewards are laying down a line showing that if you are intent on bringing in flares or something else you are likely to be caught so... don`t.  

I got in with Flares , they were good ones though ..Timberland .

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Advert




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy