onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Great win and first ever over forest Green in the league. 1st half we played some superb football but the best thing is we can still improve as a team. Bennett amoo Worrall monty were great upfront plus gibbo his only bad touch of the night it could have shot off in any direction but landed straight at their players feet but gibbo had a great game his cross for Bennetts goals was class and should have had a goal himself. The whole team performance was great. Just hope we don't keep picking up injuries

Advert

Fantastic to beat Forest Green and the manner of it by the highlights very satisfying.

Joyce looked like he had another very good game i thought in the one game I’ve been how good he played v Northampton so well done Luke .

Crookes was involved in a lot of good play I noticed also so well done And keep up the good work .

Amoo is scoring and looks a threat at all times and lovely hear that Popey is not been flogged to death playing every game .

Bennett well 2 in 2 fab that and so unselfish in the chance he laid on for Amoos gilt edged chance .

Seems like we creating more and that’s down to teamspiritandwhat Kev and Carol are creating within the club at a guess .

So fair play to Askey and the coaching staff 

UTV 

3 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Actually may do us a favour because Askey may be forced to play Bennett and Pope up front.

Excellent idea.  Replace the pacy / tricky Monty with the totally immobile Popey.  Who needs a vibrant energetic front 3? 

Everyone knows we will get nowhere with this 4-3-3 crap and that Arthur’s signings will never score.   We all know that 4-4-2 is the only way to play, that’s why all the big clubs do it.  Thanks for sharing your wisdom Ernie, highlighting exactly how much you know about the game.

Don't change a winning team keep Lloyd on if Monty cant make it.
I can't see it as he appears to be put for a bit, but I'm really hoping to see Browne in the team if monty is out for a while. Looked a livewire in pre season.

If it is only a broken nose I wouldn't be surprised if Monty plays.

3 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Who else isn’t surprised that Ernie doesn’t understand what “blocked” means and is still trying to have an argument 😂😂

You should block him, it makes reading this forum so much better and the standard of debate is more constructive.

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Of course it was brave. He dropped/rested a club legend and our sole provider of goals for the last 2 seasons. Imagine the anti Askey sentiment on here had we lost the game and Bennett had a stinker. 

Pope did absolutely nothing wrong at Salford and certainly isn't in need of a rest just yet. Four games in you pick your strongest side. Surprisingly Pope wasn't picked.

It was brave and now shows that at least we don't rely on one bloke to save us. I'll repeat what another poster said, to play like that without Oyeleke and Pope was unthinkable.

Askey has a nice headache now when it comes to team selection. Pope will react brilliantly as he did when scoring winners against Cobblers and Crewe from the bench last season thus getting his place back 

I disagree. It’s a squad game and rotation is important (hasn’t Askey stated he wants his squad to feel they are close to the first team?). Man City don’t play David Silva every week and he’s as much a legend for his team as Pope is for Vale.

For the first time in years we have options, not using them would be stupid, not cowardly, which is how you could interpret not making a “brave decision”.

Archived