onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Very good first half. Dropped a little deep second but despite Forest Green's territorial advantage Brown only really had one albeit excellent save to make and Worrell and Amoo should have made the game safe. Special mention tonight to Luke Joyce who I haven't seen have a better game in a Vale shirt. 

An unbeaten start to the season is more than any of us expected. We're heading in the right direction.

Advert

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

If I have a concern it is that our bench looks like unproven, overcoming injury plus Popey. Will it be there to come in to the team as injuries and suspensions grow? 

I think that’s why Askey has gone with players he knows from Macc... they are willing to sit on the bench, won’t cost much and know the way the manager wants to play intimately.

Are they good enough for continued first team football, no. Are they less of a gamble than an unknown 18 year old on loan if called upon to provide cover. That’s what Askey hopes!

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Should be 3-0.

I’d be really p1ssed off to concede our first goal. Allowed to bounce in the area for a simple diving header from Bennett but well finished and a great cross from Gibbons.

That never bounced, it was a brilliant cross fired in and an even better header from Bennett.

44 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Forgot you can’t have an opinion on here unless it’s identical to yours.... people who have disagreed with you have given valid reasons just as you have and others who have agreed with you. 

How can you have a different opinion to every other poster after the display the lads gave tonight. First half performance was one of the best I’ve seen from vale for years. UTV

Well deserved result that could (should) have been by a bigger margin.

Some really good football played. Already posted about Bennett having something about him. More of a complete forward than we've had for years. For a big guy his speed and movement is very good. 

We've always got to look to improve so in terms of problems tonight, still a bit of a tendency to drop too deep and draw on pressure. I know we can't press for 90 minutes and there are phases in a match where you have to change the style of play/drop deep but it really does up no favours and led to a few chances for them tonight, one of which was magnificently saved by Brown.

With the Gibbons crossbar shot, the far post chance spooned by Amoo, the great reaction save from their keeper late second half followed by the wild shot going over the crossbar, Bennett's long range effort and the Worrall one on one, it really could have been 7+ goals with what we were creating. We've got to keep that up and look at tidying up the rest of our game now. 

Colchester/Northampton/Salford/FG is a difficult opening run of fixtures considering all four are supposedly top 7. I suggest if that is the case then we would not look out of place up there ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, Mario said:

That never bounced, it was a brilliant cross fired in and an even better header form Bennett.

Fair enough, from where I was sat it looked like it bounced up before he got the touch on it. Great finish and well crossed by Gibbons to get in behind their centre halves. I was surprised at the time the GK didn't come for it but by half time I realised it was because he was a nervous wreck. 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

It’s my opinion that some deserve to be in an asylum based on their option on previous performances never mind tonight!

Sad, sad, sad little man. 

Talking football, much tonight? Or just playing the village idiot?

Any way, chalk and cheese to the weekend, especially in the first half. That’s what we all want to see tempo, trying to play football rather than launching aimless balls and pressing their players into mistakes. Can’t ask for more than that. Think it’s safe to say that we knew we weren’t world beaters but expected that level of effort. 

Thought Bennet gave us a different dimension up front but man of the match for me was Worrall, must have covered every blade of grass. Deserved to score with his chance too but legs gave up on him with the final touch and not surprisingly. Cut out the silly goals and play on the front foot like tonight and we will progress nicely. 

Only real blemish is montys injury as it leaves us desperately short out wide. 

2 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Sad, sad, sad little man. 

Talking football, much tonight? Or just playing the village idiot?

Any way, chalk and cheese to the weekend, especially in the first half. That’s what we all want to see tempo, trying to play football rather than launching aimless balls and pressing their players into mistakes. Can’t ask for more than that. Think it’s safe to say that we knew we weren’t world beaters but expected that level of effort. 

Thought Bennet gave us a different dimension up front but man of the match for me was Worrall, must have covered every blade of grass. Deserved to score with his chance too but legs gave up on him with the final touch and not surprisingly. Cut out the silly goals and play on the front foot like tonight and we will progress nicely. 

Only real blemish is montys injury as it leaves us desperately short out wide. 

Jeez you really have taken a lighthearted jibe to heart haven’t you!!!

I didn’t realise it affected you so much!

Just take the positives and be happy... don’t let me get to you! 

A deserved Vale win, unbeaten in 4, haven’t been behind in 360 mins of football! And all that despite a “terrible” performance against Salford where we had 13 shots (6 on target) away from home!

Cheer up Mr Theman!

3 minutes ago, Mario said:

OK smart ar** still a good header though........................................................

No one said it wasn't.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Actually well covered by the keeper but still at a loss how this didn't go in from so close in.

giphy.gif

Archived