onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, mikey said:

If we could add a creative midfielder, we will be more than comfortable this season. 

Your opinion on that matter will be seen at the end of the season. 

I’m not sure where we will end up or if we could add any more quality which costs money and we know we won’t have that luxury. So I’ll be delighted with above the bottom 6. I can’t see the goals are there to win enough games to see us midtable sadly. 

Add to that we’re a very lightweight small side who will get bullied some weeks.

Advert

Worrall MOTM for me for the second week running. 

Deserved to win today for the 2nd half performance but again we switched off. Still, we are playing well and I’m sure the win will come soon.

Salford fans even more tinpot than I imagined they would be. Silent all game the best giving it the big ‘un when they scrape an undeserved draw, and I saw more of them in Man Utd shirts than Salford shirts. Nauseating.

awful game. Awful performance from vale. So peed off already. Wasn’t expecting the world but expected more than this. Askey is deluded to say we are ok in midfield. We have a holding midfielder that can’t and won’t get stuck in. A 23 year old who is blowing from his arze after 5 minutes and a crock! All of which we’re  not good enough individually or collectively last season. Sort it Askey this is no better than what we were served up last season. 

5 minutes ago, dantheman said:

awful game. Awful performance from vale. So peed off already. Wasn’t expecting the world but expected more than this. Askey is deluded to say we are ok in midfield. We have a holding midfielder that can’t and won’t get stuck in. A 23 year old who is blowing from his arze after 5 minutes and a crock! All of which we’re  not good enough individually or collectively last season. Sort it Askey this is no better than what we were served up last season. 

He isn’t going to say we need improve in midfield or wide areas when he’s signed the amount of players he’s done. 

Were last seasons awful team apart from Amoo. Cullens scores goals at this level and above and cant get a game. That formation with those players won’t win games 

1 minute ago, sandyford_valiant said:

He isn’t going to say we need improve in midfield or wide areas when he’s signed the amount of players he’s done. 

Were last seasons awful team apart from Amoo. Cullens scores goals at this level and above and cant get a game. That formation with those players won’t win games 

Agree with you. Formation is hopeless, to reserved. 

Askey has signed a number of players yes but no one in the middle. At the very least we need some height in there. 

Shows how we see things differently because I thought it was a decent away performance where we got better as the game went on and dictated the second half and should’ve scored more than one before we got inevitably stung for not killing the game.

Guess the difference of opinions is why we all love the game.

30 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Stupidest post of the day award goes to the bloke that can’t see the difference between these performances and those of last season.

16 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Stupidest post of the day award goes to the bloke that can’t see the difference between these performances and those of last season.

We look a better team and we may have better players.I dont see goals from this team though.

We still play one up front on his own but this year we play two wide men, who are not prolific scorers and are way off the one lone striker.

Worrall has never and will never score goals. Is he now playing as a number 10 behind a lone striker ?

Conlon will score some great goals but where is he in the box to get the easy ones

Its no wonder we cant score goals !

Yes the players do look better but they are not good enough in the positions they play in.

How can we ever play Pope and Cullen or Bennett, to give us goals. Answer drop a wide man or midfield man.

Our midfield has yet to be tested against a good footballing team. They could easily get overrun, even when we play one up front, i think we will find out on Tuesday against Forest Green.

I do think we look better but our better players than last years mob didnt have a lot to better really. 40 plus goals will see us in the bottom six again i am afraid.

2 hours ago, Santa said:

Would be interested to see the free kick incident again that led to their goal.

I'm not sure if referee Backhouse is the worst referee in the EFL or if he just hates Port Vale; his previous record with us is atrocious and today we struggled to get any sort of free kick out of him while so many soft decisions went against us.

Watched it on iFollow as I'm in Denmark. Said to myself already before he had blown the whistle "F*** sake Monty, how bloody stupid an unnecessary was that".

You can fault the ref for a lot, but that was a freekick! 

Should have won we created some really good chances but we still need to work on supporting the striker more amoo Worrall or monty need to make better runs past pope or Bennett especially when the balls hit long before Pope or Bennett have made contact with the ball one of the 3 have got to be getting on their sides and ready for a Knock down or a flick behind the defence, there was chance when Bennett won the ball flicked it on turned and nobody was there he just glanced over at monty. Joyce or conlon need to be following the play up the pitch they are to deep at times

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Four goals four different scorers. That’s a good sign. 

Wonder how often we will have Pope,Cullen,Bennett on the pitch together from the start ?

The make up of our team seems to only allow for one striker at a time and its not enough to score goals and win games.

Not saying we should start with all three but two yes. These players are probably our goal scorers and should be on the pitch

Yet today we had enough clear chances to win the game. Especially in that second half. Bennet has 2 chances and scored 1. Monty had 1 that was cleared off the line and Pompey should have done much better with his header at the back post too. 

Clearly we are showing we can compete with anyone in this league. Just need a bit more luck and compusure in front of goal and we'll do o'rate this season. If nothing else we are proving hard to beat and that's a fair improvement on what we have been used to. 

Cullen and Pope up top in midweek please, John. 

Archived