Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

•  A Massive Wall of Black and Gold,
  • Surely a wonderful  sight to behold
  •  Super Vale are here today,
  • Many more were turned away

A new ground for the Vale, hoping for goals in open play, but much depends on taking our chances. Obviously  we would be more confident with Manny on the pitch but can  Monty fill the gap? 

Whether someone can be brought in before Saturday is doubtful so a reversion to our league set-up or minor tweak is most likely. Be brave go for 3 points.

Advert

I don't think Salford are going to be as big a force as most expected. Apart from Towell their signings are average.

This is a game we need to get something from, let them worry about us not the other way round. Big support, big performance please. Only conundrum is the Manny situation now it is confirmed he's out for up to a month possibly.

Salford got absolutely battered at Crawley, lost 2-0 but stats show it was 29 shots to 1. Watched them last night and had some decent play, some real big lads too but looked a little frail at the back, especially once they had to attack Leeds (which you'd expect them to do to us rather than sit in)... might be one for Amoo and Wozza to get the best joy.

Need to keep tabs on Towell though as he looked decent.

Don’t think Salford will be great, probably the weakest team we will have faced so far. 

I expect the same team as last night but with pope in for Cullen. We need to start making some changes from open play and actually threatening the opposition goal. Would like to see a left back and a centre mid come in before the game (not going to happen) but we are very weak there. 

Careful buying food. Salford were selling the Stevenage fans pies that were 1-2 weeks out of date - when called out on it, they used tippex on the use by dates on the packaging. The photos are all over Twitter. Also on Twitter from that game is a photo of a two inch thick threaded bolt that had fallen out of a stand roof support beam.

Tinpot dump for a pathetic, plastic pretend club. Their bought, not earned existence in the football league is offensive. 

Fab support tomoz just hope that support who are going have a tremendous performance to witness .

Team well we cannot keep giving cheap goals away as it gives the opposition a leg up .

So I’d shake it up a bit team wise .

Brown 

Gibbons Smith Crookes Montano 

Worrall  Burgess Lloyd Amoo 

Pope Cullen 

Cullen in the hole while we settle into the game.

Conlon Legge to the bench although Legge headed everything away last sat and was good and Conlon is a non stop up and down player and I like him I’d like see what this lad Burgess  has to offer .

Joyce was excellent on sat I thought but I’d like see what Lloyd can do in a midfield four which becomes a three when attacking .

Have a great day SVA .

Its going be tough as they looked to me pretty decent v Leeds .

A win would be lovely but because of how docile our defenders are at times (showed in the second goal v Burton as the shot should never have got through to Brown but the defenders lacked courage to block the shot )a draw is the best we can hope for .

Archived