Fosse69

Match Thread: LC1 Port Vale v Burton Albion

Apparently Vale are a "small rundown L2 club" with a squad full of chancers, nobody of note "apart from TP"

Who do these nobodies from the NW counties league or wherever they've come from think they are? The Valiant function suite has a bigger capacity than their entire ground. 

StYu7aU.png

27 minutes ago, Doha said:

Apparently Vale are a "small rundown L2 club" with a squad full of chancers, nobody of note "apart from TP"

Who do these nobodies from the NW counties league or wherever they've come from think they are? The Valiant function suite has a bigger capacity than their entire ground. 

StYu7aU.png

I'd have that pinned up in the dressing room 🙂

Hopefully a cup run for the Vale as it creates more support and defo can add a bite to the  league campaign .

Team well I’d make one change and that’s cause of injury to Oyeleke .

So whoever can do that role Cullen I think as I thought we finished the game impressively sat .

Id like see a bit more of support for Crookes,yes he seemed a bit hesitant when it came to whipping the ball in but I thought he was ok and I think he will get better .

I wouldn’t change the partnerships of Gibbons/Worrall and Amoo /Crookes as I thought all our really good football involved all of them .

Benice see Joyce hit one like sat and it fly in .

A good team can score from anywhere the fact that apart from Smith and Brown everyone had a go say tells me it’s very encouraging.

UTV we have nothing lose so go for it 

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've had a message from VP to say I've won a pair of tickets for the match; trouble is I can't go now cause I'm working. 

Anyone else like to take it up? Please send me a PM if interested. 

Whilst you can't argue with a good cup run - especially one where the big boys come in fairly early, I still think this is a good opportunity to look at some new boys. I certainly wouldn't make wholesale changes - but 4 or 5 could be on the cards:

4-3-3: Brown; Gibbons, Legge, Kennedy, Crookes; Lloyd, Evans, Burgess; Worrall, Cullen, Amoo

Keep Legge in purely for height. Evans has come in as cover for full back but he didn;t look great there for me, yet has good reviews as a CDM from Macc - so potentially see if he can cover that Joyce role.

Cullen to start up top like Miller did last season - run his nuts off for 60 minutes then see if Bennett can come on and take advantage (Although he might actually start of the left, not that that's something I personally agree with).

Not sure on the fitness of Browne and Monty but there couple be a place for them if fit. Similarly with Lloyd although with the amount of work the midfield three put in in this formation if we can rest them all then I think we should.

Not fussed about the win, although it would be nice. Give some players some game time and see what they can do.

Edited by PV1993

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

Hi all,

I've had a message from VP to say I've won a pair of tickets for the match; trouble is I can't go now cause I'm working. 

Anyone else like to take it up? Please send me a PM if interested. 

No offers received but there may be a problem in any case. 

The email I received said that I needed to present photo ID to claim them. I tried to contact the ticket office on the number they gave but all I got was a 'mailbox full' message. So sad to say this isn't going to happen. I've emailed the ticket office to let them know the situation but, if past form is anything to go by, I won't hear anything further. 

So thanks guys but there's nothing I can do. 

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

The email I received said that I needed to present photo ID to claim them. I tried to contact the ticket office on the number they gave but all I got was a 'mailbox full' message. So sad to say this isn't going to happen. I've emailed the ticket office to let them know the situation but, if past form is anything to go by, I won't hear anything further. 

That's a kind offer mate to fellow fans. I've got mine the other day. As you say could be a non starter but still good on you.

As for the comment from the Burton fans this is a poxy club who had the lowest crowd in the division last week against Ipswich , yet Ipswich had the highest away support in the division. So basically despite being a very well run club Burton are a little annoyance. 

I don't expect a 7-2 but I think we can beat these and as per our luck we'll probably get Reading away in the next round 

I think the draw for the next round is regionalised and we’d be in the north. But I get what you mean. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Santa said:

I think the draw for the next round is regionalised and we’d be in the north. But I get what you mean. 

Indeed. We're ball no. 10 in the Northern draw, should we go through.

38 minutes ago, Santa said:

Insert Barnsley for Reading 🙄

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Somebody needs to speak to Carol about this problem getting through to the ticket office as it happened to me when I rang them a couple of weeks ago.

Worrall switching central for Manny. Monty in Worrall's wide place. Cullen for Pope. Sounds like we are giving it a go. Lloyd on the bench (to come on and get a late winner).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doha said:

StYu7aU.png

I agree with pinning this up in the dressing room - nothing should wind a team up more than being dismissed by another club...especially one like Burton, who are no bigger than us!

Fair play to Askey for that first 20 they were getting through our midfield and on to our back 4 too easily. He changed it to our both Joyce and Conlon holding with Worrall in front of them. Monty and Amoo are not switched on going backwards either.