onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: LC1 Port Vale v Burton Albion

Fosse69

Advert

19 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Not putting any money in for the next three seasons while they pay Norman off

Haven't the Shanahans said that the money for the ground (I guess that whats you are referring to) is set aside .

26 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Not putting any money in for the next three seasons while they pay Norman off

I don’t see that meeting their legal obligations is being neglectful with the funds.

Any extra money it will be put into the club as stated by Carol and Kevin.

If there isn’t extra money they won’t gamble with the clubs future like Bury did... that’s also not “neglectful”

3 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

You also need to be well run and then splash the cash like Burton have done. Let’s hope Carol doesn’t neglect the team funds. There’s no good being a fantastic community club and see her face in everything winning awards when the team is still <ovf censored>

Don't think Burton have splashed anything, just build over the years, had some good cup/tv income and son of Clough.

2 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Good , I don’t want them to pump money in , I want them to run the club as a business

Exactly and people will have to be patient. Rudge has already said this.

We have been very close to dying out twice in the last 5 or so years. Becoming successful ain’t going to happen in a few months.

Real life is not like FIFA 19

20 hours ago, TylerB said:

We all know you're itching for Vale to lose games just so you can spout your usual crap. You're not even a Vale fan, it's pretty obvious.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49342498

I think he might be an embittered Macclesfield fan. John Askey left the club and EMR resents any player or manager who turns their back on the club. Ryan Lloyd is one of six ex-Macc players who have started a winding-up petition against the club so he hates him most of all. The evidence is all there!

35 minutes ago, Wrex said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49342498

I think he might be an embittered Macclesfield fan. John Askey left the club and EMR resents any player or manager who turns their back on the club. Ryan Lloyd is one of six ex-Macc players who have started a winding-up petition against the club so he hates him most of all. The evidence is all there!

Blinking Ink !  I'd forgotten who EMR was - After finding the IGNORE button life on here is so much more enjoyable . It does get rid of more stubborn stains than Persil.   Also there seems to be another Non Vale fan rising recently and spewing utter drivel so I better get the old finger over the IGNORE button again - Its a magic button and Admin are to be commended for its inclusion.

1 hour ago, Frank Mustard said:

I'd have said paying half a million quid on your striker is splashing it.

Different owners though, and I believe Carol and Kevin are quite close to their chairman so hopefully pick up some tips!

Lets be fair Burton have had a great cup run, a couple of years in the Championship which provides its own huge funding if the club is run within its means.

It would of been interesting to see how the Hugill, Grant, Alnwick and TV Monies, Checkatrade money was spent had it been received during this ownership... dare say we would probably be one of the bigger spenders this season at this level and progressing faster. Sadly our last owner didn't share that sentiment.

Burton and Accrington should be a models for what Carol and Kevin are trying to achieve. What there chairmen have done with non-league outfits in all but league position is frankly astonishing

We are a far bigger club than both those teams though , we have over 4000 season tickets sold , both of those teams would kill for that . if we can avoid a relegation fight this season and build then there is no reason that in the next 5 -6 years we could be pushing top half league one

Just a morsel of success at vale park and the fans would go wild as we have been starved for over 4 years now

Archived