onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: LC1 Port Vale v Burton Albion

Fosse69

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

They scored 9 minutes after our equaliser Doha , so not sure about your 15-20 minutes of well on top ? 

Fair enough, seemed a lot longer than that. 9 minutes of running the show before getting caught out defensively yet again. 

Advert

20 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Not sure who’s man it was that ran in to put in the rebound but someone wasn’t doing their job there in following him in. I think it was a midfielder who let him run off them. 

i was unsure myself. One thing i do know is that Brown went barmy. 

10 hours ago, Doha said:

Why the frig were Stewards in the Paddock using hand held metal detectors and physically frisking people attending a nothing first round cup tie against tiny Burton? Are we entering Vale Park or secure airside at an Airport? They didn't do it to me as I stared the steward down as I approached but plenty of others were getting groped without being 1) informed before starting or 2) the steward seeking permission to physically frisk first.

I heard one of them saying the one using the metal detector was doing so "because he wants to play with his new toy". Is this some weirdo acting of his own volition or is this sanctioned by Phil Mayer? I'll be writing to Carol to ask. Football fans get shafted and deprived of liberties enough already without overzealous physical frisking by a sad act in a high vis vest just to enter the frigging ground for a nothing game.

I recognised a very surly looking female security guard from the Crewe game last season. After her conduct that day I got told she wouldn’t be working any more Vale games, but there she was last night. 

Thought it was an ok performance against a higher level team. General concern was lack of firepower. Cullen took his peno well but felt he offered little else, certainly not a player who will fight back for the ball like Popey. Cullen had a chance 4yds out seemed easier to head it but he struck the ball instead. Great clearance it would be a travesty to call it a shot on goal. So Mr Cullen the balls in your court  if you aren't going to be another in the long line of recent Vale strikers who dont strike.(Tom Pope excluded)

<ovf censored> me. Some of you need to have a word with yourselves. 

So far we've played three teams better than us on paper this season, teams that are more fancied to do well than us, and competed in all of those games.

We see obviously not going to be a side full of goals but if we become a team that's hard to beat then in Pope, Cullen, Bennett and Amoo we will have more than enough to have a steady season. Lose at home by a goal against a team from a higher leave and some of you see ready to jump off Sneyd bridge. Get a grip. 

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

So far we've played three teams better than us on paper this season, teams that are more fancied to do well than us, and competed in all of those games.

We see obviously not going to be a side full of goals but if we become a team that's hard to beat then in Pope, Cullen, Bennett and Amoo we will have more than enough to have a steady season. Lose at home by a goal against a team from a higher leave and some of you see ready to jump off Sneyd bridge. Get a grip. 

Not suicidal TylerB. We look a better side than last year and not expecting to be in another relegation battle. Just know we need to score more goals than last season. Really hope Cullen is the answer as we are too reliant on Popey.

39 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Far too sensible a post!

People won’t like that!

45 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Cullen scored from a nice cross in the first half when he glanced a header over the keeper - disallowed because the liner reckoned the ball had gone out before it was crossed.  Anyone at that end of the Paddock like to confirm that?

I was that end of the paddock and looked just out to me

10 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Far too sensible a post!

People won’t like that!

I don't make many to be fair, so I'll take that! 😉

I just genuinely don't get why people are up in arms so far. We've looked mostly solid enough without being close to spectacular. I know we're yet to win, but we'll be a win one, draw one, lose one sort of team this season. That will be enough for some sort of mid-table finish which is what a relastic target should be this season.

42 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Not suicidal TylerB. We look a better side than last year and not expecting to be in another relegation battle. Just know we need to score more goals than last season. Really hope Cullen is the answer as we are too reliant on Popey.

Completely agree! We're still a pacey striker short, and in an ideal world we would have a better midfield option than we do have when Oyeleke is missing, which is a lot unforetunately. But it is what it is and most teams if not all in the league will have two or three key players, and when one is missing it will make a big difference on their team. Vale are certainly no exception to that.

Hopefully Browne will make a difference as he has pace if nothing else, and in League Two pace alone can cause havoc.

Archived