onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: LC1 Port Vale v Burton Albion

Fosse69

Advert

I thought we were well beaten by a team that looked years ahead of us technically. We got into their faces a bit and made a fight of it but ultimately we look a long way behind the curve these days against a mid table league one side. 

Another game with no goal from open play which is extremely worrying. It seems it really is the same group of players with a couple of additions. Thought crookes was awful tonight, still not convinced he is a good enough left back. We are desperate for someone else in midfield, I said we needed a midfielder even with manny fit, now it is critical. Same 11 essentially so no surprise really. 

Outpassed us and far more movement.

Looked streets ahead of us. Sadly another year with no glamour tie.

Very early days but I'm not even convinced Cullen is an upgrade on Miller 

Lots of conundrums and work to do for Askey.

Positives Brown, Worrall Gibbons 

Negatives midfield and Crookes

25 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Another game with no goal from open play which is extremely worrying. It seems it really is the same group of players with a couple of additions. Thought crookes was awful tonight, still not convinced he is a good enough left back. We are desperate for someone else in midfield, I said we needed a midfielder even with manny fit, now it is critical. Same 11 essentially so no surprise really. 

The Crux of the matter is basically we have one new starter Amoo

We needed 4 new starters minimum

I thought it was a decent football game, though quite technical. Started with both sides 433 and they were just technically better and went one up. We changed the midfield and moved Worrall infield and went 4231 and shaded it up until the goal. They then went 3 at the back and moved a defender into midfield on Worrall and scored again. We then bought Bennett on and went 442 and probably shaded the last 15 minutes. You could see some championship quality in a couple of their players. We certainly weren't played off the park and we did create chances against a decent team from a higher league. 

Agree with a lot that's been already said. The midfield is woefully lacking in creativity without the oft injured Manny and the new signings are having little impact on the team apart perhaps from the in and out Amoo. There's no doubt een progress off the field but there's very little on it so far this season.

Started ok. Conceded a crap goal out of nowhere really and then spent the next 15 minutes really panicking. Got the pen, well finished by Cullen, had a dominant 15-20 spell where we were well on top and then conceded another crap, poor goal which ripped the sting out of the tail.

I'm getting concerned about the back four as the 4 we've conceded in 3 were all very avoidable. 

433 doesn't work when Montano and Amoo aren't being played in/through enough. 

When Pope and Bennett came on it reverted to hopeless hoofball, and not the good MA kind where there was always a winger waiting to receive the square ball from Pope once he'd trapped it - tonight they were isolated.

They feigned injury about 6 times, simply embarrassing and unsurprisingly poorly handled by the officials. The referee, while nowhere near David Rock's league, was poor. I'm not sure if even half of our set pieces actually played out as he blew during most of them for fantasy Vale shirt plus. 

Why the frig were Stewards in the Paddock using hand held metal detectors and physically frisking people attending a nothing first round cup tie against tiny Burton? Are we entering Vale Park or secure airside at an Airport? They didn't do it to me as I stared the steward down as I approached but plenty of others were getting groped without being 1) informed before starting or 2) the steward seeking permission to physically frisk first.

I heard one of them saying the one using the metal detector was doing so "because he wants to play with his new toy". Is this some weirdo acting of his own volition or is this sanctioned by Phil Mayer? I'll be writing to Carol to ask. Football fans get shafted and deprived of liberties enough already without overzealous physical frisking by a sad act in a high vis vest just to enter the frigging ground for a nothing game.

Archived