onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: LC1 Port Vale v Burton Albion

Fosse69

Its certainly an opportunity to make a couple of changes, Burgess/Lloyd for Oyeleke is the obvious one, as I for one would not want to break up partnerships down the flanks just yet, Worrall & Gibbons / Amoo & Crookes are playing well and still developing those partnerships so I'd like to see that continue. Maybe worth giving Mark Cullen a start and rest Tom Pope aswell, managing the amount of games that Tom has to play will be beneficial this year, given he's in the latter stages of his career.

Looking forward to seeing a good tie between one developing exciting team , and one very good, solid League One side.

Advert

I'd given Cullen a start and rest Pope with Bennett getting half an hour up front later on in his natural position, and Burgess in for Manny.

I'd test Kennedy in a real game by starting him for Legge to see if he's up to it if he's needed in the league, and if he looks off the pace I'd be stepping up my hunt for another CB. I'm also wondering what Crookes would be like in his favoured CB position. If there are no CBs available Askey could have a look for a LB instead of a CB with a view to using Crookes as a covering CB, which would give him some real competition at LB too to aid his development.

Apparently Vale are a "small rundown L2 club" with a squad full of chancers, nobody of note "apart from TP"

Who do these nobodies from the NW counties league or wherever they've come from think they are? The Valiant function suite has a bigger capacity than their entire ground. 

StYu7aU.png

27 minutes ago, Doha said:

Apparently Vale are a "small rundown L2 club" with a squad full of chancers, nobody of note "apart from TP"

Who do these nobodies from the NW counties league or wherever they've come from think they are? The Valiant function suite has a bigger capacity than their entire ground. 

StYu7aU.png

I'd have that pinned up in the dressing room 🙂

Hopefully a cup run for the Vale as it creates more support and defo can add a bite to the  league campaign .

Team well I’d make one change and that’s cause of injury to Oyeleke .

So whoever can do that role Cullen I think as I thought we finished the game impressively sat .

Id like see a bit more of support for Crookes,yes he seemed a bit hesitant when it came to whipping the ball in but I thought he was ok and I think he will get better .

I wouldn’t change the partnerships of Gibbons/Worrall and Amoo /Crookes as I thought all our really good football involved all of them .

Benice see Joyce hit one like sat and it fly in .

A good team can score from anywhere the fact that apart from Smith and Brown everyone had a go say tells me it’s very encouraging.

UTV we have nothing lose so go for it 

Whilst you can't argue with a good cup run - especially one where the big boys come in fairly early, I still think this is a good opportunity to look at some new boys. I certainly wouldn't make wholesale changes - but 4 or 5 could be on the cards:

4-3-3: Brown; Gibbons, Legge, Kennedy, Crookes; Lloyd, Evans, Burgess; Worrall, Cullen, Amoo

Keep Legge in purely for height. Evans has come in as cover for full back but he didn;t look great there for me, yet has good reviews as a CDM from Macc - so potentially see if he can cover that Joyce role.

Cullen to start up top like Miller did last season - run his nuts off for 60 minutes then see if Bennett can come on and take advantage (Although he might actually start of the left, not that that's something I personally agree with).

Not sure on the fitness of Browne and Monty but there couple be a place for them if fit. Similarly with Lloyd although with the amount of work the midfield three put in in this formation if we can rest them all then I think we should.

Not fussed about the win, although it would be nice. Give some players some game time and see what they can do.

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

Hi all,

I've had a message from VP to say I've won a pair of tickets for the match; trouble is I can't go now cause I'm working. 

Anyone else like to take it up? Please send me a PM if interested. 

No offers received but there may be a problem in any case. 

The email I received said that I needed to present photo ID to claim them. I tried to contact the ticket office on the number they gave but all I got was a 'mailbox full' message. So sad to say this isn't going to happen. I've emailed the ticket office to let them know the situation but, if past form is anything to go by, I won't hear anything further. 

So thanks guys but there's nothing I can do. 

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

No offers received but there may be a problem in any case. 

The email I received said that I needed to present photo ID to claim them. I tried to contact the ticket office on the number they gave but all I got was a 'mailbox full' message. So sad to say this isn't going to happen. I've emailed the ticket office to let them know the situation but, if past form is anything to go by, I won't hear anything further. 

So thanks guys but there's nothing I can do. 

That's a kind offer mate to fellow fans. I've got mine the other day. As you say could be a non starter but still good on you.

As for the comment from the Burton fans this is a poxy club who had the lowest crowd in the division last week against Ipswich , yet Ipswich had the highest away support in the division. So basically despite being a very well run club Burton are a little annoyance. 

I don't expect a 7-2 but I think we can beat these and as per our luck we'll probably get Reading away in the next round 

Archived