Jump to content
blackdog

Salford City Parking Arrangements.

Recommended Posts

Had a spare few minutes and having wondered about parking at Salford I thought  I would give them a call and ask about parking because having passed their ground a few years ago I knew it was in a residential area.

The bloke who answered the phone was well, unhelpful to say the least, I think I had woken him up he was that dozy,I asked if there was a car park and he said "No", I asked if there was on street parking and he said "No it was residents only",he did say there was park and ride, in fact he triumphantly said there was a mini bus that would transport you to the ground,I said where does it go from, he didn't know,I asked what the charge was, he didn't know.

I said do you think that the mini bus would cope with say 400 approx supporters and I'm not joking he said "I dont know"

He did say if you get there very early there "Might" be a few places in the street but he wasn't certain.

Don't take my word for it but it seems to be a bit chaotic 0161 241 9772 was the number I called if anyone wants to check for themselves........Good Luck !

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having read the website which I should probably have done in the first place I have found this out.........

There is no parking available at the ground for visiting supporters, plus the streets in the immediate vicinity of the ground have a residents only scheme in operation. So please check signage on lamp posts for details of parking restrictions, as wardens out on patrol on matchdays. However, there is street parking to be had on Moor Lane itself and other streets located a little further away from the ground, such as Kersal Moor Road. Parking here also has the added benefit that you can get away pretty easily after the match, as at the top of Kersal Moor Road, you can turn right towards Prestwich (for M60 North) or left towards Swinton (for M61 and M60 South).     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard off a few people that the reason we're so late with the tickets is that they've been ignoring our requests or just not answering when we've tried to contact them, so wouldn't surprise me, they sound pretty useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get the bloody train, it's not hard. Keep your filthy polluting cars out of town. There should not be any parking in central Manc. The place stinks of car fumes. 

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll definitely be going by train. Much prefer to drink around the centre when going to any places near Manc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We'll definitely be going by train. Much prefer to drink around the centre when going to any places near Manc.

Bulls Head, right next to the station. Very good pub. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toyahw said:

Bulls Head, right next to the station. Very good pub. 

Been there a few times, last time for Bury we tested a few but mainly stayed in The Shakespeare which was alright too (was looking for a place with screens).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Been there a few times, last time for Bury we tested a few but mainly stayed in The Shakespeare which was alright too (was looking for a place with screens).

Depends where you want to go really, you can go a bit more into town, in which case I would recommend the Old Wellington. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shakespeare is a good boozer also The Waldorf is decent in Piccadilly across the road from the main drag .

Makes a change from the usual boring Spoons.

Anyway never mind pubs when are we going to be told our allocation. Home tickets aren't even available yet. Joke club . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going on holiday Friday (to next Friday). Hope to god they don't screw me over! I can go down Fri morning if they release them then, but if it's next week I'm definitely going to struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Going on holiday Friday (to next Friday). Hope to god they don't screw me over! I can go down Fri morning if they release them then, but if it's next week I'm definitely going to struggle.

Got a feeling a lot of disappointed Vale fans if you recall we sold Fleetwood out on a Tuesday night the first season they came up.

I'm prepared to drive up there if I don't get one but like I said they aren't even selling them to their own fans. The Leeds game in the cup has blown their gaskets and they can't cope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowhere to park, nowhere to drink in reasonable distance of ground, no proper response to phone calls to the Club, no ticket allocation yet.....tin pot non league set up with massively over wealthy owners eh!  We owe them a good hiding to bring them into reality.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficult to get to by public transport. It's two busses out of the city centre and back again.

 

I parked down the road on the right both times I went last season. A leisurely 10 min walk up the hill to the ground. All free but finding the space is the difficult bit. Beware of resident only spaces 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/08/2019 at 15:36, toyahw said:

Just get the bloody train, it's not hard. Keep your filthy polluting cars out of town. There should not be any parking in central Manc. The place stinks of car fumes. 

It's not as easy as you try and make out, getting to Salford City is not easy, not everyone wants to go on a train with boozed up football supporters I did it once coming back from Rochdale never again thank you.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official supporters coach for me. Far less problems and door to door. Can't understand why anyone wants to take a car with all the parking problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2019 at 14:17, blackdog said:

Had a spare few minutes and having wondered about parking at Salford I thought  I would give them a call and ask about parking because having passed their ground a few years ago I knew it was in a residential area.

The bloke who answered the phone was well, unhelpful to say the least, I think I had woken him up he was that dozy,I asked if there was a car park and he said "No", I asked if there was on street parking and he said "No it was residents only",he did say there was park and ride, in fact he triumphantly said there was a mini bus that would transport you to the ground,I said where does it go from, he didn't know,I asked what the charge was, he didn't know.

I said do you think that the mini bus would cope with say 400 approx supporters and I'm not joking he said "I dont know"

He did say if you get there very early there "Might" be a few places in the street but he wasn't certain.

Don't take my word for it but it seems to be a bit chaotic 0161 241 9772 was the number I called if anyone wants to check for themselves........Good Luck !

 

Was his name Mike Lloyd? He didn't know much either😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy