onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Salford City Parking Arrangements.

blackdog

Had a spare few minutes and having wondered about parking at Salford I thought  I would give them a call and ask about parking because having passed their ground a few years ago I knew it was in a residential area.

The bloke who answered the phone was well, unhelpful to say the least, I think I had woken him up he was that dozy,I asked if there was a car park and he said "No", I asked if there was on street parking and he said "No it was residents only",he did say there was park and ride, in fact he triumphantly said there was a mini bus that would transport you to the ground,I said where does it go from, he didn't know,I asked what the charge was, he didn't know.

I said do you think that the mini bus would cope with say 400 approx supporters and I'm not joking he said "I dont know"

He did say if you get there very early there "Might" be a few places in the street but he wasn't certain.

Don't take my word for it but it seems to be a bit chaotic 0161 241 9772 was the number I called if anyone wants to check for themselves........Good Luck !

Advert

Having read the website which I should probably have done in the first place I have found this out.........

There is no parking available at the ground for visiting supporters, plus the streets in the immediate vicinity of the ground have a residents only scheme in operation. So please check signage on lamp posts for details of parking restrictions, as wardens out on patrol on matchdays. However, there is street parking to be had on Moor Lane itself and other streets located a little further away from the ground, such as Kersal Moor Road. Parking here also has the added benefit that you can get away pretty easily after the match, as at the top of Kersal Moor Road, you can turn right towards Prestwich (for M60 North) or left towards Swinton (for M61 and M60 South).     

I've heard off a few people that the reason we're so late with the tickets is that they've been ignoring our requests or just not answering when we've tried to contact them, so wouldn't surprise me, they sound pretty useless.

1 minute ago, toyahw said:

Bulls Head, right next to the station. Very good pub. 

Been there a few times, last time for Bury we tested a few but mainly stayed in The Shakespeare which was alright too (was looking for a place with screens).

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Been there a few times, last time for Bury we tested a few but mainly stayed in The Shakespeare which was alright too (was looking for a place with screens).

Depends where you want to go really, you can go a bit more into town, in which case I would recommend the Old Wellington. 

Shakespeare is a good boozer also The Waldorf is decent in Piccadilly across the road from the main drag .

Makes a change from the usual boring Spoons.

Anyway never mind pubs when are we going to be told our allocation. Home tickets aren't even available yet. Joke club . 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Going on holiday Friday (to next Friday). Hope to god they don't screw me over! I can go down Fri morning if they release them then, but if it's next week I'm definitely going to struggle.

Got a feeling a lot of disappointed Vale fans if you recall we sold Fleetwood out on a Tuesday night the first season they came up.

I'm prepared to drive up there if I don't get one but like I said they aren't even selling them to their own fans. The Leeds game in the cup has blown their gaskets and they can't cope. 

Difficult to get to by public transport. It's two busses out of the city centre and back again.

I parked down the road on the right both times I went last season. A leisurely 10 min walk up the hill to the ground. All free but finding the space is the difficult bit. Beware of resident only spaces 

Archived