Mr Trump: he's such a nice man!

Jacko51

26 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

See I think you'd just demonstrated your misinterpretation there. 

I never said anything about the election being stolen. I specifically said I believed that this had not happened. That's entirely different from acknowledging the initial evidence of discrepancies and clerical errors that I think need to be investigated and explained for everyone's benefit.

If Trump believes he has evidence of voter fraud, it should be treaded with due process. If that means that the evidence threshold is not met and the case is thrown out, so be it. I actually said I think that this will benefit the dems - in 6 months time, Biden will have been confirmed as the next president for around 4 months or so. Surely it's better for him for these claims to have been investigated and dismissed rather than not be investigated at all?

To be clear - I explicitly used the words accusations/allegations because that is what they are. I've not passed any judgement other than to acknowledge the existence of the allegation and the existence of SOME prima facie evidence of discrepancies, some of that evidence has been explained now such as the 100k unanswered Biden votes which was down to a typing error if I remember correctly, I'm also aware now that the claim that there were more voters than registered residents has been disputed although I don't know the details of that yet.

There seemingly has been attempts to cast a vote with the ballot of dead people and the latest accusation I've seen is from a supposed postal service whistle blower who backdated ballots which otherwise would have been late and not counted. Again, don't know if that is true or false but I think it needs at least a cursory investigation to see if there's anything in it? If not, everyone but Trump is happy, and if there is, then someone has committed a crime and should be held accountable. 

As for your last line, that's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that around 9 million more people have voted for Trump this time around than voted for him last time. Including a greater share of minority votes and female votes, according to the exit poll data. Still doesn't mean he won the election, but it also suggests that "they realise what a stupid mistake it was" either.

Then you are misinterpreting what trump is saying completely. This is about overturning the result before December 14th when the electoral college votes. The claims are wide scale fraud that stole the election. We know there is the occasional attempt, the one know attempt was republicans turning up with guns and ballots. Also a vote cast isn’t a vote counted. There is zero evidence to suggest an investigation is needed. You may feel that every conspiracy theory needs an investigation, but that is irrelevant to reality. What he’s suggesting is that Biden, and numerous states (including republicans lead states) conspired together in the middle of the night to allow hundreds of thousands of extra Fraudulent votes Be counted to defeat him (while also ensuring the republicans in the senate didn’t lose). Basically treason. It’s q anon territory now. It’s crazy, but obviously some are more prone to believing such things and then trying to share the ideas online.

6 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

the one know attempt was republicans turning up with guns and ballots.

Actually there was a second.

Someone trying to vote on behalf of their dead mother.

Surprise surprise it was a Trump supporter. Surprise surprise they got caught out and charged because the postal ballot checking process is secure.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-arrested-for-voter-fraud-in-luzerne-county/ar-BB1agslB

9 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

It’s crazy, but obviously some are more prone to believing such things and then trying to share the ideas online.

Correct. Unfortunately there's a few Vale fans I know of who've tumbled down the rabbit hole of talking absolute loon b0ll0cks on social media. Did you know Chris Whitty and Bill Gates are conspiring to kill millions of people with a vaccine. Also masks don't work (despite being used in medicine for infection control since the late 1800s), 5G radio signals reduces blood oxygen saturation and induces Covid-19 symptoms, and this is all a great plot for a new world order. 

How the <ovf censored> do you even begin to engage someone that unwell? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-find-link-between-low-intelligence-and-acceptance-pseudo-profound-bulls-a6757731.html

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/09/180925075108.htm

https://psychcentral.com/blog/conspiracy-theory-disorder-understanding-why-people-believe/

35 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Now I’ve typed that, I think the plan is to stop the electoral college voting. But we are in coup territory there.

They know full well these allegations are bullshlt. It's all about a mentally ill narcissist desperately trying to set a narrative that he didn't lose, it was rigged, while employing his classic modus operandi of trying to grift every last penny he can. It's political theatre. They know they have fckk all, but they need to cause chaos and pretend there's more that they just can't prove. It's about setting a narrative amongst the mouth breathing morons to try to undermine Bidens perfectly legal legitimacy before he even sits in the chair. It's about casting doubt about the election process to push a constitutional crisis about how state electoral delegates are selected and pushing it to the Supreme Court....weeks after they rammed through a new republican SCJ.

4 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'm not sure what you mean by me defending him. I'm getting really sick of people deliberately misinterpreting my posts on this website to make it sound like I've said something which I have not. 

Maybe you should write them differently given it keeps happening.

Also, given Its happening from different posters it has to be pointed out that there is only one common denominator I'm afraid.

I'm going to suggest that you are just not very good at writing what you mean as you 100% come across as defending him. 

They do say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome, and we have had this little problem before haven't we, with the defending of people. You get sooooooooo offended and passive aggressive when it brought up, as you have done here, but then don't change your way of communicating and seem to have fallen in the same trap.

Maybe you need to work on tone in written communication? 

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Maybe you should write them differently given it keeps happening.

Also, given Its happening from different posters it has to be pointed out that there is only one common denominator I'm afraid.

I'm going to suggest that you are just not very good at writing what you mean as you 100% come across as defending him. 

They do say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome, and we have had this little problem before haven't we, with the defending of people. You get sooooooooo offended and passive aggressive when it brought up, as you have done here, but then don't change your way of communicating and seem to have fallen in the same trap.

Maybe you need to work on tone in written communication? 

I know that you know what you are doing. But I'll humour you anyway.

Not all posters will read my post saying "I don't believe the dems cheated" and then post about how I've said I think the dems cheated. In fact it's a tiny minority of people that are capable of doing that on here. It's also not just me that this happens too. I can see yourself and another poster doing the exact same thing in another thread with another two posters in the last day or two.

The common denominator is not me. It's the political views of the people who do it. It isn't just OVF this happens on. Anywhere there are political discussions you'll find this kind of tactic going on. 

I'll keep saying it if you keep doing it - I'm accountable for the words that I choose to use. I'm not accountable for the words you wrongly claim that I've used. Please stop wrongly accusing me of saying things which I have not said. If you have a question, ask me and I'll answer you. 

13 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

The common denominator is not me. 

It is though isn’t it. 

No one else cries about being misinterpreted and then waxes lyrical about the accountability of words and people misinterpreting who they may or may not be defending.

If you don’t want to be accused of defending people, stop sounding like you are defending them. 

Take accountability for your words and use better ones... because they are not coming across as you apparently want them to.

This is a classic case, you have now twisted this to be about people accusing you of saying the dems cheated... whereas in fact this is about you defending trump. Which you said you didn’t. So I pointed out that you sound like you are.

Maybe you just get confused? 

And another tip for you...  cut the faux outrage, no one buys it.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 3

On 09/11/2020 at 17:04, Jacko51 said:

What happened to the Tory Party investigation into Islamaphobia in their ranks which every one of the leadership candidates promised to implement?  The EHRC dropped their plans to investigate the issue because the party committed to its own investigation.  Since they did that nothing has happened.  You won't be found guilty of racism if you don't get it investigated. 

Also, on the basis you suggest, the National Front was not guily of racism.  Nor was the English Defence League.  Nor was Moseley's British Union of Facists.  You only find racism when you look for it.  The Tory Party doesn't.

You certainly don't  have to look very far in the Labour Party.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/10/donald-trump-longshot-election-lawsuits

This is my favourite:

Nevada: Republicans put forward Jill Stokke, a 79-year-old legally blind woman, who claimed her ballot was stolen from her and submitted. But election officials said they had met with Stokke, reviewed her ballot, and determined the signature on it was her’s, according to the Nevada Independent. They offered her the chance to cast a new ballot if she signed an affidavit, but she declined, the Independent reported.

I have to say that I'm amazed that anyone can support Trump's shocking attitude and behaviour this week. I don't care whether you are left or right, black or white, old or young. He's acting like a spoilt tinpot dictator of a banana republic and needs to show some integrity and respect for the result. He should stand down gracefully instead of continuing to post fake news and misinformation. He shames us all.