Mr Trump: he's such a nice man!

Just now, Paul6754 said:

I've not heard that but if true I wouldn't agree with it.

See my post 21 mins ago for his exact words.  Of course you wouldn't agree with him Paul.  No one in their right mind would.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this report from a journalist covering their first Trump press conference. The last paragraph is the killer... The press conference I tuned into by chance from my New York hotel room was h

It is though isn’t it.  No one else cries about being misinterpreted and then waxes lyrical about the accountability of words and people misinterpreting who they may or may not be defending.

That’s nothing. The American president prefers putin to his own intelligence service. 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Andyregs said:

I’d stopped commenting on this thread because you could post something new every day, literally every day, and Paul would just come up with an even crazier conspiracy theory to defend it. 

https://foreignaffairs.house.gov/2020/5/engel-statement-on-the-firing-of-inspector-general-linick

party of the constitution lol

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/15/major-trump-megadonors-private-jet-company-lands-27-million-bailout-report/

Andy, you're just getting ridiculous. The guy who was fired was an Obama appointee and Trump and America have found out to their cost the problems and time wasting such people can cause. I see you post no comments about the revelations about the female Ukrainian ambassador lying under oath at the impeachment hearings.

Many companies applied for bailouts and subsequently got them but have since paid the money back, eg Ivy league Universities, large restaurant chains etc, if this company wasn't eligible they will be forced to pay the money back as in other cases.

36 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

The reporter is asking why does better testing matter 

No she wasn’t... she was asking why Trump has made it a competition ... even worse, why has he made is a competition and then put himself in first place when that’s not even true given the US is not doing far better than every other country on testing.

I will give you one thing... your ability to twist a narrative to suit your bias is spectacular.

4 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Like I said, they show normal protocol was followed. Unless you offer more than, well, the nothing you’re offering here, then I’ll assume that you are waiting to be told what to think by Fox News.

How is spying on a Presidential Candidate and trying to unseat a sitting President normal protocol. 

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

No she wasn’t... she was asking why Trump has made it a competition ... even worse, why has he made is a competition and then put himself in first place when that’s not even true given the US is not doing far better than every other country on testing.

I will give you one thing... your ability to twist a narrative to suit your bias is spectacular.

No mention of "First place", what are you getting through you.

No twisting of a narrative, the words are there to be listened to.

At least you acknowledge the word "Better" was used and not number.

43 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Does Mr Trump think that?  Remember he suggested that testing was overrated: "When you test, you have a case.  When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases."

Another stunning piece of Trumpian logic.

But you yourself made the point that Trump answered "Yes" to the question about better testing so now you're turning full circle.....another gotcha question. Include the link so the context can be judged. Gotta go BBQ the lamb.

6 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

No mention of "First place", what are you getting through you.

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

So the reporter first makes a statement, "You say the USA is doing far better than any other country at testing", this is not a question, it is a statement and Trump does interject and say "Yes" 

Far better than any other = First

Doesn’t it?

34 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Andy, you're just getting ridiculous. The guy who was fired was an Obama appointee and Trump and America have found out to their cost the problems and time wasting such people can cause. I see you post no comments about the revelations about the female Ukrainian ambassador lying under oath at the impeachment hearings.

Many companies applied for bailouts and subsequently got them but have since paid the money back, eg Ivy league Universities, large restaurant chains etc, if this company wasn't eligible they will be forced to pay the money back as in other cases.

It was someone who was looking into one of trumps buddies. Who was also critical of Hillary Clinton. So obviously deep state. And he has fired multiple people involved in government oversight. And you talk about attacks on democracy. He has stripped away any oversight, sacked countless IG’s,  ignored congressional oversight, subpoenas and his impeachment defence and SC defence is literally that he can do whatever he wants with immunity. Party of the constitution.

30 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

How is spying on a Presidential Candidate and trying to unseat a sitting President normal protocol. 

I said it was protocol because the documents on the unmasking say it followed the standard process.  It’s amazing that you see all this corruption without posting anything of substance, and we are expected to just take your word for it, but when confronted with reams of evidence of trump corruption and criminality, you jut shrug it off. Again, feel free to offer anything more substantial than your conspiracy theories.

seeing as you mentioned the mueller report, are you saying what he found was correct now? Just so I know where you stand today. 

Will you still support him if/when he refuses to accept the results of the election, if Russia can’t win the election for him or republican voter suppression doesn’t work? You’ve defended every step up to that point, why not make the last jump. 

Joe Biden doesn't know what he is or where he is at the moment.

How can you support trump and say that with a straight face. We can play this game if you want though. Post something crazy or stupid Biden has said, and I’ll post two that trump has. 

But you yourself made the point that Trump answered "Yes" to the question about better testing so now you're turning full circle.....another gotcha question. Include the link so the context can be judged. Gotta go BBQ the lamb.

Hopefully you do a better bbq than you do defending trump 

13 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

He wasn't responding to a question, he was making a speech at a medical supply company on Thursday. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/05/15/trump-without-doing-covid-19-coronavirus-testing-we-would-have-very-few-cases-here-is-the-reaction/#657a92ad518c

So one minute he claims the US has more testing than anyone in the world then the next minute he says that is why they have so many cases so perhaps testing is a bad idea.  Surely you can see this is total madness?

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

He wasn't responding to a question, he was making a speech at a medical supply company on Thursday. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/05/15/trump-without-doing-covid-19-coronavirus-testing-we-would-have-very-few-cases-here-is-the-reaction/#657a92ad518c

So one minute he claims the US has more testing than anyone in the world then the next minute he says that is why they have so many cases so perhaps testing is a bad idea.  Surely you can see this is total madness?

image.png.6ae7a7afb416475faabba3bad315906d.png

18 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Far better than any other = First

Doesn’t it?

No it doesn't mean first. IC,  That just shows where you're getting confused, you don't understand the meaning of the word hence don't understand the question.  The word "Better" is a comparative, it means.

bet·ter1
adjective
of a more excellent or effective type or quality.
"hoping for better weather"

Similar: superior, finer, greater

in a different class

16 hours ago, ginge said:

Hopefully you do a better bbq than you do defending trump 

Changed my mind and grilled it, didn't have any mesquite wood. very nice.

Edited by Paul6754

3 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

No it doesn't mean first. IC,  That just shows where you're getting confused, you don't understand the meaning of the word hence don't understand the question.  The word "Better" is a comparative, it means.

bet·ter1
adjective

in a different class

Exactly so, better is a comparative between two items.  So better than any other means that the two you are comparing are A, which is better than B, every other one.  Another way of saying this that A is best because it is better than any other.

5 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

bet·ter1
adjective

in a different class

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/first?s=t

looks very similar to what iron curtain wrote