Jacko51

Mr Trump: he's such a nice man!

20 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Then by all means give a name of someone as bad as trump so we can compare.

Yet you don't offer any argument of your own?

It seems to me that if you were looking to discuss the matter you would have already looked at both sides..... I've given you a mild example of the democratic crap campaign, there are many more.... both sides are waging a media war but the media don't decide who wins, they just decide what's published and in what light they show it..... it's the people who count the cost and bring out their dead.

Maybe.... just maybe.... the public like it out in the open instead of it being hidden in dark corners, backdoor politics that spouts one thing but delivers another with later revelations of dark deals and corruption (Clinton?) ..... only the people can say.... which they do come elections.

You could look up ANTIFA..... anti trump campaigns...... far left politics on university campuses...... the stifling of free speech.... etc....... put the 2 sides together and make comparisons.... but fair warning..... it's a minefield of bias.

Thankfully I don't get to ponder who to vote for....... trump.... who seems at times to be a little lost and deranged, spouting crap at every opportunity ..... democrats...... immunity deals, breaches of security, the green new deal, incestuous marriage ...... which way would you lean?

• Like 1

hi jacko,

I find I don't agree much with you BUT in this case I'm up there by your right hand... he can't be wrong, always changes his mind. He's upset his enemies, allies, and friends, but still is POTUS... even makes me cringe just watching and listening to him.

18 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

He isnt openly racist though is he? 

Yes, from  wing a racist landlord in the 70’s, to calling for the death penalty for the Central Park 5 despite them being cleared by dna evidence, all the way to his present day dog whistles. 

1 hour ago, geosname said:

It seems to me that if you were looking to discuss the matter you would have already looked at both sides..... I've given you a mild example of the democratic crap campaign, there are many more.... both sides are waging a media war but the media don't decide who wins, they just decide what's published and in what light they show it..... it's the people who count the cost and bring out their dead.

Maybe.... just maybe.... the public like it out in the open instead of it being hidden in dark corners, backdoor politics that spouts one thing but delivers another with later revelations of dark deals and corruption (Clinton?) ..... only the people can say.... which they do come elections.

You could look up ANTIFA..... anti trump campaigns...... far left politics on university campuses...... the stifling of free speech.... etc....... put the 2 sides together and make comparisons.... but fair warning..... it's a minefield of bias.

Thankfully I don't get to ponder who to vote for....... trump.... who seems at times to be a little lost and deranged, spouting crap at every opportunity ..... democrats...... immunity deals, breaches of security, the green new deal, incestuous marriage ...... which way would you lean?

More waffle. You could just say no, you can’t think of someone on the ‘other side’. A lot of words...just to avoid...giving a straight....answer. 

4 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

hi jacko,

I find I don't agree much with you BUT in this case I'm up there by your right hand... he can't be wrong, always changes his mind. He's upset his enemies, allies, and friends, but still is POTUS... even makes me cringe just watching and listening to him.

He likes to attack leaders of his allied countries and democratic nations, and yet has nothing but praise for his dictator friends from Russia, North Korea and Saudi Arabia. 

14 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Yes, from  wing a racist landlord in the 70’s, to calling for the death penalty for the Central Park 5 despite them being cleared by dna evidence, all the way to his present day dog whistles. 

More waffle. You could just say no, you can’t think of someone on the ‘other side’. A lot of words...just to avoid...giving a straight....answer. 

He likes to attack leaders of his allied countries and democratic nations, and yet has nothing but praise for his dictator friends from Russia, North Korea and Saudi Arabia. 

I've given you an answer..... the fact it's not the answer you want is immaterial..... the fact it's not an answer you like isn't my problem..... I don't have a dog in this fight.... from my perspective I would leave them in the ring until one or the other gives up but I suspect the voters of America will call a cease fire at the next election.... one way or the other.

It amuses me when people denounce the media as biased when it doesn't support their argument but quote it copiously as the truth when it does..... all media is biased.

10 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Speaks volumes for the German public then!

And their nickname for Johnson is the German equivalent of fungus

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but facts don't change.

Personally I find Trump a thoroughly distasteful person who condemns himself out of his own mouth.

I agree, it's hard when you look around you to see many politicians of gravitas, integrity, honesty and principal but I'm sure there are people like this in Parliament still who see service as an honour and a privilege and try their best to act in a statesmanlike manner that befits their office. They're just thin on the ground!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but facts don't change.

Personally I find Trump a thoroughly distasteful person who condemns himself out of his own mouth.

I agree, it's hard when you look around you to see many politicians of gravitas, integrity, honesty and principal but I'm sure there are people like this in Parliament still who see service as an honour and a privilege and try their best to act in a statesmanlike manner that befits their office. They're just thin on the ground!

Finding facts in the mire of political and media crap slinging is bloody difficult mate.

On trump I agree, there is no defending any man who condemnes himself.

I would like to agree with the sentiment of the last paragraph...... alas.......

4 hours ago, geosname said:

Is there anyone you would describe in the same way.

If you insert "club" instead of "country" I can certainly think of one.

Slightly off topic but information has started to filter out about a possible coup of Trump (A Democratically elected President) by the FBI (Involving James Comey and Peter Strozck) and possibly other government agencies together with Obama and the Clintons. All intertwined with "Mueller's" Russia investigation.

Edited by Paul6754

9 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Slightly off topic but information has started to filter out about a possible coup of Trump (A Democratically elected President) by the FBI (Involving James Comey and Peter Strozck) and possibly other government agencies together with Obama and the Clintons. All intertwined with "Mueller's" Russia investigation.

Fake news! 😉

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

The worrying thing is that Trump was elected in relatively  free and fair elections. Some countries get the Leaders they deserve. 

Some countries vote for how they wish to be led but the vote is ignored.

4 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Sketchy evidence at best that was racist landlord. He apparently wanted to rent to Jews and executives, presumably because he thought they had more money. The same whistleblowers who said that black people were turned away said that anyone who was wealthy could have lived there. So how do you know it was racism and not discrimination based on other factors? 

One case was settled with no admission of guilt and one case was closed with no resolution. 

As with the central park 5, I know he called for the death penalty in the immediate aftermath of the crime and I know he still claims that they are guilty but has he said he still wants them executed even after they've been cleared? 

Maybe he wanted them executed because he believed that they were guilty of terrible crimes and not because they were black? 

They did confess to the crime initially.

I cant see anything which shows racism other than people stating that the 5 are black/latino and putting 2 and 2 together? 

Are dog whistles the same as being OPENLY racist? 

He vehemently denies being racist. That isnt something that an openly racist person would do? 

Edited by Regal Beagle

9 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Didn't that surface around the clinton email stuff?..... claims of "we will stop him" etc.

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Fake news! 😉

We'll see but not all the pieces of the puzzle are in the public domain yet but I bet there are some people in Washington DC who are not sleeping well at the moment.