Mr Trump: he's such a nice man!

So trump is now making the Whitehouse ignore the impeachment process and subpoenas. That’s obstruction in plain site, violations of the constitution the republicans are meant to love, and openly denying the power of Congress. If he gets away with it it will basically be a coup. Amazing how people like Paul can spend so long arguing devout conspiracy theories, but actual crimes and corruption don’t get a mention. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this report from a journalist covering their first Trump press conference. The last paragraph is the killer... The press conference I tuned into by chance from my New York hotel room was h

It is though isn’t it.  No one else cries about being misinterpreted and then waxes lyrical about the accountability of words and people misinterpreting who they may or may not be defending.

That’s nothing. The American president prefers putin to his own intelligence service. 

Posted Images

Does trump/Whitehouse  have to comply with subpoenas? 

Is there usually a vote before the impeachment process starts?

Does there need to be a two thirds majority vote at the end of the process?

How many republicans will the democrats have to convince to win the vote?

54 minutes ago, geosname said:

Yes. This is illegal, against the constitution and yet more obstruction in plain sight. 

there doesn’t have to be

yes

in the teens I think, but just because republicans will likely put party before country isn’t a reason to not apply checks to a criminal president. If they want to go on record as supporting corruption then so be it. 

All this obstruction to stop people taking about a ‘perfect phone call’. Won’t even let someone who literally paid for an administration job to talk to congress. 

They are now arguing in court that Nixon was wronged in his impeachment in order to overturn precedent. The judges words were “ok. Wow”. 

9 hours ago, geosname said:

Geo, I'm no expert but this is what I understand.

In the modern era the precedent is to have an "Impeachment Inquiry vote" in the House of Congress as this gives the minority party in Congrress, in this case the Republicans and The President, the right to defend themselves, call witnesses, challenge etc, why Pelosi hasn't done this I'm not sure, perhaps she thinks she may not get enough votes to start the impeachment process.

So what's going on now is Kangeroo courts of various committees run behind closed doors judged by Schiff and Pelosi/Democrats who have total control, eg they release only information that suits their narrative. eg Ambassador Volker who served as special representative to Ukraine over the last few years testified for 9 hours on Monday before the intelligence committee which Schiff chairs (Republicans are members of that committee), Schiff only released a small amount of info out of context to suit his agenda. All the Republicans in the meeting want the whole transcript of the meeting released 'cause they say Volker said there was no pressure on Ukraine, no quid pro quo's and backs up what Trump and the Ukrainians has been saying all along and what Volker had been saying prior to the hearing.

Trump, Pompeiou , Barr etc want Sondland (?) and others to testify but consider the current process so biased, unfair and a sham and I believe have written to Pelosi to urge her to hold an Impeachment vote".

The Democrats are a laughing stock at the moment, there is zero chance of Trump being forced out of office 'cause the Republicans control the Senate, just as Clinton wasn't kicked out of office having lied under oath about the Monica Lewinski affair. 

The Democrats hate Trump, they have tried to impeach him over several things most notably the "Russian Collusion" stuff which has been shown to be false and a chirade, now they're trying over this Ukraine telephone call.  Over the next few weeks various investigations are due to conclude into who started this Russian collusion hoax and those involved eg Comey, McCabe, Stroek and others are likely not sleeping easily at the moment. Adam Schiff is a proven liar.

The one issue Americans are hacked off about is politicians entering Congress and they and/or their family members walking out years later very rich eg Biden/his son and they want it to cease. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

In the modern era the precedent is to have an "Impeachment Inquiry vote" in the House of Congress as this gives the minority party in Congrress, in this case the Republicans and The President, the right to defend themselves, call witnesses, challenge etc, why Pelosi hasn't done this I'm not sure, perhaps she thinks she may not get enough votes to start the impeachment process.

So what's going on now is Kangeroo courts of various committees run behind closed doors judged by Schiff and Pelosi/Democrats who have total control, eg they release only information that suits their narrative. eg Ambassador Volker who served as special representative to Ukraine over the last few years testified for 9 hours on Monday before the intelligence committee which Schiff chairs (Republicans are members of that committee), Schiff only released a small amount of info out of context to suit his agenda. All the Republicans in the meeting want the whole transcript of the meeting released 'cause they say Volker said there was no pressure on Ukraine, no quid pro quo's and backs up what Trump and the Ukrainians has been saying all along and what Volker had been saying prior to the hearing.

Trump, Pompeiou , Barr etc want Sondland (?) and others to testify but consider the current process so biased, unfair and a sham and I believe have written to Pelosi to urge her to hold an Impeachment vote".

The Democrats are a laughing stock at the moment, there is zero chance of Trump being forced out of office 'cause the Republicans control the Senate, just as Clinton wasn't kicked out of office having lied under oath about the Monica Lewinski affair. 

The Democrats hate Trump, they have tried to impeach him over several things most notably the "Russian Collusion" stuff which has been shown to be false and a chirade, now they're trying over this Ukraine telephone call.  Over the next few weeks various investigations are due to conclude into who started this Russian collusion hoax and those involved eg Comey, McCabe, Stroek and others are likely not sleeping easily at the moment. Adam Schiff is a proven liar.

The one issue Americans are hacked off about is politicians entering Congress and they and/or their family members walking out years later very rich eg Biden/his son and they want it to cease. 

My god you’ve got to the point where you’re actually just repeating trump tweets. Violating the constitution is now ‘kangaroo courts’.

and you’re actually going to moan about all the information not being released? Someone who supports trump and his DoJ fixer who have hidden, covered up and obstructed at every step. 

And please, are you arguing against nepotism from a politician. The mental gymnastics for this one is quite a feat. Let’s think about which politicians kids got high profile jobs in politics they were event qualified for, security clearances they should never have been able to get, and made money on the back of their daddies position. 

And the mueller report showed a number of things:

- Russia did interfere with the elections for trump (and republicans do everything they can to block moves to combat this)

- they couldn’t prove conspiracy because of incomplete information, false testimony and deleted records.

- Russia interference was welcomed by the trump campaign

- it showed links between the trump campaign and Russians. And polling data was given to Russians.

- multiple examples of obstruction. But you support obstruction now. Shall I remind you what Lindsey graham said about Clinton’s impeachment? 

- numerous people were indicted in the investigation 

you never did say what crime hunter Biden committed. Do you also think Nixon was wrongly impeached now too? 

And let’s have a competition. For every lie you can prove Adam Schiff saying, I’ll post 10 or trump. And still have thousands left. 

Edited by Andyregs

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Since you don’t trust the media, let’s listen to what one of trumps allies has to say about ignoring subpoenas. 

https://www.theweek.com/speedreads/870557/lindsey-graham-clearly-disagreed-trumps-impeachment-obstruction-back-1998

9 hours ago, Andyregs said:

My god you’ve got to the point where you’re actually just repeating trump tweets. Violating the constitution is now ‘kangaroo courts’.

and you’re actually going to moan about all the information not being released? Someone who supports trump and his DoJ fixer who have hidden, covered up and obstructed at every step. 

And please, are you arguing against nepotism from a politician. The mental gymnastics for this one is quite a feat. Let’s think about which politicians kids got high profile jobs in politics they were event qualified for, security clearances they should never have been able to get, and made money on the back of their daddies position. 

And the mueller report showed a number of things:

- Russia did interfere with the elections for trump (and republicans do everything they can to block moves to combat this)

- they couldn’t prove conspiracy because of incomplete information, false testimony and deleted records.

- Russia interference was welcomed by the trump campaign

- it showed links between the trump campaign and Russians. And polling data was given to Russians.

- multiple examples of obstruction. But you support obstruction now. Shall I remind you what Lindsey graham said about Clinton’s impeachment? 

- numerous people were indicted in the investigation 

you never did say what crime hunter Biden committed. Do you also think Nixon was wrongly impeached now too? 

And let’s have a competition. For every lie you can prove Adam Schiff saying, I’ll post 10 or trump. And still have thousands left. 

The Mueller Report was a shambles, Meuller was a shambles, wait and see what comes out of Barr's, Durham's and Horowitz's investigations into the Russian collusion allegation.

19 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Yes. This is illegal, against the constitution and yet more obstruction in plain sight. 

there doesn’t have to be

yes

in the teens I think, but just because republicans will likely put party before country isn’t a reason to not apply checks to a criminal president. If they want to go on record as supporting corruption then so be it. 

All this obstruction to stop people taking about a ‘perfect phone call’. Won’t even let someone who literally paid for an administration job to talk to congress. 

They are now arguing in court that Nixon was wronged in his impeachment in order to overturn precedent. The judges words were “ok. Wow”. 

Thanks for the civil reply.

If it's illegal why don't they do something about it.... or does presidential privilege confuse the situation.... if it's called presidential privilege. 

10 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

4 minutes ago, geosname said:

Geo, In the Nixon and Clinton impeachment hearings due process was followed, rights and procedures were put in place for fairness, the accused had the right to defend themselves just as any American citizen has. In this Pelosi/Schiff version everything is being done behind closed doors,the people being subpoenaed aren't allowed to have council present etc, it's a witch hunt.

Trump has said he will co-operate if the Democrats follow due process and give them their rights.

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The Mueller Report was a shambles, Meuller was a shambles, wait and see what comes out of Barr's, Durham's and Horowitz's investigations into the Russian collusion allegation.

This is the same mueller report that ‘completely exonerated’ trump. But now when people actually remind trump supporters what it says in it, it’s a shambles. 

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

How long did it take you to dig that up, who cares?

It was a recent article on the hypocrisy republicans are showing. And of course republicans don’t care about their hypocrisy. Party before country. 

2 hours ago, geosname said:

If it's illegal why don't they do something about it.... or does presidential privilege confuse the situation.... if it's called presidential privilege. 

They are, it’s impeachment. Any legal proceedings will have to take place once he’s left office.

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Geo, In the Nixon and Clinton impeachment hearings due process was followed, rights and procedures were put in place for fairness, the accused had the right to defend themselves just as any American citizen has. In this Pelosi/Schiff version everything is being done behind closed doors,the people being subpoenaed aren't allowed to have council present etc, it's a witch hunt.

Trump has said he will co-operate if the Democrats follow due process and give them their rights.

They can defend themselves in the trial, in the republican led senate, which will no doubt ignore the evidence and put party before country.

trump said he would cooperate. He also said he’d be interviewed by mueller. He also said he’d release his tax returns. He says a lot of things that aren’t true, but for some reason you still take his words seriously while screaming liar to everyone else.

Also there doesn’t need to be impeachment to issue subpoenas. Congress is there to provide checks and balances. This is trump violating the constitution, and the republicans who claim to love being yet again hypocrites, and trying to muddy the waters. 

Quite simply the most bizarre thing I've seen in a while. He unilaterally, without telling any state dept, sells the only force in the region that was able to thwart Isis down the river and then comes up with this:

As BBC correspondent Jonathan Marcus puts it:

Even by President Trump's own remarkable standards his off-the-cuff remark that the US alliance with the Kurds is of little importance because they were not at Normandy, ie they did not fight with the US and its allies in World War Two, is extraordinary.

For Mr Trump alliances are simply transactional - business arrangements to be judged according to a brutal and short-term cost benefit analysis. What is the US giving and what is it getting in return?

In seemingly writing off the Kurds he suggests that the US can easily find other allies in the region. Really? Has he already forgotten recent history? The Kurds were the only capable and reliable local ally in the struggle against IS.

But what will Mr Trump do about Turkey who, incidentally, were not at Normandy either? This is fast becoming a major test of Turkey's standing within Nato, with many fearing it has become a far from reliable ally of the West.

20 minutes ago, robf said:

Quite simply the most bizarre thing I've seen in a while. He unilaterally, without telling any state dept, sells the only force in the region that was able to thwart Isis down the river and then comes up with this:

As BBC correspondent Jonathan Marcus puts it:

Even by President Trump's own remarkable standards his off-the-cuff remark that the US alliance with the Kurds is of little importance because they were not at Normandy, ie they did not fight with the US and its allies in World War Two, is extraordinary.

For Mr Trump alliances are simply transactional - business arrangements to be judged according to a brutal and short-term cost benefit analysis. What is the US giving and what is it getting in return?

In seemingly writing off the Kurds he suggests that the US can easily find other allies in the region. Really? Has he already forgotten recent history? The Kurds were the only capable and reliable local ally in the struggle against IS.

But what will Mr Trump do about Turkey who, incidentally, were not at Normandy either? This is fast becoming a major test of Turkey's standing within Nato, with many fearing it has become a far from reliable ally of the West.

“I have a little conflict of interest (in turkey)...it’s called trump towers.”

you can literally use trumps own words against him on most issues.

Also worth considering which other country supports turkeys offensive. 

9 hours ago, Andyregs said:

This is the same mueller report that ‘completely exonerated’ trump. But now when people actually remind trump supporters what it says in it, it’s a shambles. 

It was a recent article on the hypocrisy republicans are showing. And of course republicans don’t care about their hypocrisy. Party before country. 

They are, it’s impeachment. Any legal proceedings will have to take place once he’s left office.

They can defend themselves in the trial, in the republican led senate, which will no doubt ignore the evidence and put party before country.

trump said he would cooperate. He also said he’d be interviewed by mueller. He also said he’d release his tax returns. He says a lot of things that aren’t true, but for some reason you still take his words seriously while screaming liar to everyone else.

I'm not screaming liar to anyone, just saying you don't know what your talking about and it's obvious from the above. You know more thyan politicians and arrorney in Washington DC, truly remarkable.

8 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Also there doesn’t need to be impeachment to issue subpoenas. Congress is there to provide checks and balances. This is trump violating the constitution, and the republicans who claim to love being yet again hypocrites, and trying to muddy the waters. 

Well, You won't take it from me, take it from a Congressman who's also  an attorney.