Mr Trump: he's such a nice man!

Jacko51

On 23/04/2021 at 04:58, Regal Beagle said:

Bit of a come down from Jim Crow 2.0 the republicans want to supress black votes to "well the republicans just want to win an election"

It's not racist if black people choose not to get a free ID. It's their choice. Simple as that really. I don't hold them to a lower standard then anyone else. If they want Id, they can get ID, and that really is all that matters. 

Maybe it was a weak effort, but at least mine was based in reality, and I can only beat what is in front of me. 

97% of eligible voters in Georgia have ID. For the other 3%, IF THEY WANT, they can get ID for free, they can apply online, in person, in different places. It's quite easy. So yes, I feel that when Biden compares that to having actual literacy tests despite black people not being allowed an education....then it's HORRENDOUSLY racist. It's a lie. It victimises black people, it stokes racial division. No good will come of it at all.

In fact, all that has happened is that Goergia has lost potentially 10s of millions of income from dishonest, virtue signalling and racist corporations who buy Biden's lies. I wonder who will get hurt the most by that lack of income? Maybe the poorest in society? And who makes up a disproportionate amount of the poorest groups? Full circle, normality resumed. Democrats get to call everyone racist whilst at the same time actively taking money away from the people they purport to care about.

Voter id is all about voter confidence and election integrity and it's only the woke left that consider it's about voter suppression.

The notion that black/minority people cannot get or don't know how to obtain id is about as patronizing and  bigoted as it gets. Irrespective of race, many activities In the USA require government issued photo id , eg buying alcohol at any age, driving a car, getting on a plane, going to the doctors etc, hence the majority of American citizens have some form of government issued id.

Approx 85-89% of black people and 90-95% of white people have id, a majority of people in the USA consider id a requirement to be able to vote including 73% of black people and 80%+ of Latino/Hispanic and white  people. The majority of people of all races want their elections to be as integrous as possible. 

Apparently only 7 states have a strict requirement for photo id to vote and in those states photo id is free.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Voter id is all about voter confidence and election integrity and it's only the woke left that consider it's about voter suppression.

The notion that black/minority people cannot get or don't know how to obtain id is about as patronizing and  bigoted as it gets. Irrespective of race, many activities In the USA require government issued photo id , eg buying alcohol at any age, driving a car, getting on a plane, going to the doctors etc, hence the majority of American citizens have some form of government issued id.

Approx 85-89% of black people and 90-95% of white people have id, a majority of people in the USA consider id a requirement to be able to vote including 73% of black people and 80%+ of Latino/Hispanic and white  people. The majority of people of all races want their elections to be as integrous as possible. 

Apparently only 7 states have a strict requirement for photo id to vote and in those states photo id is free.

Wrong

Actually read the thread and numerous articles written about how challenging it can be for black and low socioeconomic groups to get ID.

Once again you are arguing my point for me.

As you say, having ID is a requirement for some basic fundamentals... why then do a lower portion of black people not have one??????? 

Because it’s harder for them to obtain one.

Plus another case (along with RB) of a white man telling black people what they should be offended by. I’m pretty confident they know what they need to be offended by... and they are... their votes being suppressed.

Edited by Iron Curtain

GetTiNG aN iD is FrEE aNd EaSY

• Obtaining ID Costs Money. Even if ID is offered for free, voters must incur numerous costs (such as paying for birth certificates) to apply for a government-issued ID.
    • Underlying documents required to obtain ID cost money, a significant expense for lower-income Americans. The combined cost of document fees, travel expenses and waiting time are estimated to range from $75 to $175.
    • The travel required is often a major burden on people with disabilities, the elderly, or those in rural areas without access to a car or public transportation. In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

I’ll say again,I’ve never required an ID to vote so I assume all elections in  England are fraudulent??

No, but the system is not very representative, unlike the system we imposed on Germany.

Oh dear.

Newsmax Issues Retraction And Apology To Dominion Employee Over Election Stories

The far-right media outlet Newsmax, which amplified former President Donald Trump's false allegations of election rigging and widespread voter fraud, said on Friday there is no evidence that Dominion Voting Systems and one of its top employees, Eric Coomer, manipulated election results in 2020.

"Newsmax subsequently found no evidence that such allegations were true. Many of the states whose results were contested by the Trump campaign after the November 2020 election have conducted extensive recounts and audits, and each of these states certified the results as legal and final," the company said in a statement published online that will also be broadcast.

https://www.businessinsider.com/newsmax-settles-dominion-executive-eric-coomer-defamation-lawsuit-and-apologizes-2021-4?r=US&IR=T

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2021/04/30/newsmax-apologizes-to-dominion-worker-for-false-allegations/

Getting this in ahead of time.

Republicans in Arizona has hired CyberNinja to perform its audit of the election votes.

Doug Logan, the CEO of Cyber Ninjas, is overseeing the audit despite the company having no experience working elections. Forbes revealed that Logan has spread outrageous conspiracy theories that a company tied to Hugo Chavez, the long-dead Venezuelan dictator, rigged voting machines against Trump.

Anthony Kern, a former member of the Arizona House of Representatives who lost his seat in the election, was pictured by the Arizona Republic taking part in the recount as a contractor... he was also seen as the riot in the Capitol.

So, let’s see who is brave enough to answer this before the results are due in on May 14.

Does that feel like an independent audit?

Such a weird move by the GOP. If the audit finds no fraud... then it’s game over and even Hardened cult members will have to admit this whole thing has been a lie.

If the audit finds issues, the complete lack of independence and experience of the company chosen by the side hoping to find issues means it will only lead to further audits. Although... the Cult base will lap up whatever they say I guess, so maybe it’s planed.

On 25/04/2021 at 10:00, Iron Curtain said:

Wrong

Actually read the thread and numerous articles written about how challenging it can be for black and low socioeconomic groups to get ID.

Once again you are arguing my point for me.

As you say, having ID is a requirement for some basic fundamentals... why then do a lower portion of black people not have one??????? 

Because it’s harder for them to obtain one.

Plus another case (along with RB) of a white man telling black people what they should be offended by. I’m pretty confident they know what they need to be offended by... and they are... their votes being suppressed.

Haha. AMAZING how you bring my race into this. What about your race? Aren't you "telling black people what they should be offended by" too? or doesn't it count when you do it?

There are no legal barriers to black people getting ID in Georgia - That's an undeniable fact.

There are no monetary barriers to black people getting ID in Georgia - also an undeniable fact.

Please explain how it is harder for black people to get ID because of their skin colour, when up to 89% of black people have photographic ID already? 

You are in fantasy land. Do you not find it a little suspicious that EVERYTHING is racist now? literally EVERYTHING. Skiiing, the country side, eating meat, photographic ID - it's all racist according to this batty logic of just counting black people and expecting the proportionate amount relative to population.

Left wing racism is so crazy.

On 02/05/2021 at 15:37, Iron Curtain said:

Getting this in ahead of time.

Republicans in Arizona has hired CyberNinja to perform its audit of the election votes.

Doug Logan, the CEO of Cyber Ninjas, is overseeing the audit despite the company having no experience working elections. Forbes revealed that Logan has spread outrageous conspiracy theories that a company tied to Hugo Chavez, the long-dead Venezuelan dictator, rigged voting machines against Trump.

Anthony Kern, a former member of the Arizona House of Representatives who lost his seat in the election, was pictured by the Arizona Republic taking part in the recount as a contractor... he was also seen as the riot in the Capitol.

So, let’s see who is brave enough to answer this before the results are due in on May 14.

Does that feel like an independent audit?

Such a weird move by the GOP. If the audit finds no fraud... then it’s game over and even Hardened cult members will have to admit this whole thing has been a lie.

If the audit finds issues, the complete lack of independence and experience of the company chosen by the side hoping to find issues means it will only lead to further audits. Although... the Cult base will lap up whatever they say I guess, so maybe it’s planed.

Maybe they should have a truly independent audit. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Haha. AMAZING how you bring my race into this. What about your race? Aren't you "telling black people what they should be offended by" too? or doesn't it count when you do it?

There are no legal barriers to black people getting ID in Georgia - That's an undeniable fact.

There are no monetary barriers to black people getting ID in Georgia - also an undeniable fact.

Please explain how it is harder for black people to get ID because of their skin colour, when up to 89% of black people have photographic ID already? 

You are in fantasy land. Do you not find it a little suspicious that EVERYTHING is racist now? literally EVERYTHING. Skiiing, the country side, eating meat, photographic ID - it's all racist according to this batty logic of just counting black people and expecting the proportionate amount relative to population.

Im telling nobody anything... the outrage from the black community is well documented and out there in the public domain as well as on this thread. Im choosing to listen to them. You are just choosing to ignore it. You are also choosing to tell them what they should be offended by.

White man tells black community not to be offended by something offensive they are actually offended by and instead they are wrong and should be offended by something else... Stop doing being offended wrong. Classic.

For the 9179798439865987435938453rd time... I dont think this was a policy to bring down black people and therefore I dont think its a racist policy. It just so happens to impact the black community badly. For the 9179798439865987435938453rd time... if supressing ginger people helped the rebublicans they would supress their vote too.

One party is trying to make voting more difficult. Thats supression by its definition.

I will ask my question again... if an ID is FUNDAMENTAL to life in the US like you and Paul keep telling me... to buy Alcohol is the example I keep being given... why... WHY do the black community have a lower portion of people with ID?

I put it to you its because its more difficult to get one as demonstrated by multiple articles and papers on this thread that you continue to ignore.

What's your explanation?

I also still wait for the proof of fraud which is the problem this is supposed to cure.

Maybe they should have a truly independent audit. What do you think?

If they can come up with any proof through the courts that there needs to be one when there hasn't been one in the past then yes there should be one.

Because a cult of people believe what their leader says because he lost and cant take it isnt a good enough reason.. its anti democratic and bordering on communism.

Do you HONESTY believe if there was an independent audit and it showed no Fraud that Trump would admit he was wrong and attempt to heal democracy.... would he hell and you know it.

He would move onto another conspiracy... when does it stop?

Don't negotiate with terrorists.

How does ending Sunday voting in Georgia reduce Fraud?

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Both these facts are wrong and deniable. 

https://today.law.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FullReportVoterIDJune20141.pdf

Yet another paper that demonstrates it... you will not read it. I mean you will read every word of the Sidney Powell court papers to find the wording to back up your claims. But you have ignored these links and papers from day one.

I note you stated in the past that you apply the same rigour to challenging theories on both sides.

I laughed.

Maybe you will read this summary:

The Bottom Line:

High Costs of a “Free” Photo Voter ID The examples in this report demonstrate how obtaining a “free” photo voter identification card can impose significant costs on individuals—typically from about $75 to $175. Examples detailed in this report and Appendix I show that the cost of “free” voter IDs can rise beyond $1,500 or more, particularly when legal services are required. “Free” voter IDs are expensive. They constitute both a “time tax” on people’s lives and livelihoods, and a “poll tax” on their pocketbooks and voting rights. The complicated nature of the examples above underscores the complexity of the process of figuring out and responding to bureaucratic requirements as a modern day “literacy test” and the extent of planning and resources that are necessary to get an official ID to cast a simple ballot.

A few examples from the paper itself:

Example 1:

A Pennsylvania resident seeking a “free” voter ID had incurred costs of $94.61 so far, which were likely to eventually reach $133.61. The potential voter traveled 34 miles round trip to and from the PennDOT agency in Bethlehem, an estimated hour of travel time. After a 75-minute wait, she was advised that she needed to present a raised-seal birth certificate from her home state of New York and an updated

Social Security card. Subsequently, she requested a birth certificate from New York State. She then traveled to a local Social Security office and was informed that a raised-seal marriage certificate was also required to obtain the updated Social Security card. She then requested a marriage certificate from New York State. She now needs to return to the Social Security office with the marriage certificate to get an updated Social Security card.

Then, she needs to return to PennDOT to provide the birth certificate and updated Social Security card to get a voter ID. The direct costs of this “free” voter ID include acquiring a certified copy of a birth certificate for $38.80. For a woman whose name has changed, it includes acquiring a certified copy of her marriage certificate for $15. This brings the document cost to $53.80. The author of the letter estimated the total travel costs for gas at $20 to complete the process. In time costs, the trip to PennDOT took an estimated one hour of travel.

At minimum wage of $7.25 per hour, one hour’s time cost was $7.25. The voter spent 75 minutes (1¼ hour) at the PennDOT office. The time spent during the trip to the Social Security office was about 2 hours (1 hour travel; 1 hour visit). The voter will need an additional trip to the Social Security office with the sealed marriage certificate to get her updated Social Security card. That trip will likely take another 2 hours. She will then have to return to PennDOT for an estimated 2 hours. The total time cost is: 8¼ hours at $7.25 per hour, or $59.81.

In summary, the current incurred costs for this voter to get a “free” voter ID are: $53.80 for documents, $10.00 for gas and $30.81 for time, or $94.61. Factoring in future additional trips to the Social Security Office and PennDOT, the likely final total cost will include an additional $10.00 in gas and $29.00 in time, or $133.61.

Example 2:

Voter Donna Suggs struggled to get a voter ID.65 Because she did not have a birth certificate (since she was born by midwife), she needed legal assistance. She was provided with pro bono aid from an attorney to acquire the certificate. Then she traveled to the DMV to get a photo ID. The cost for a South Carolina birth certificate was $12.

Her estimated roundtrip public transportation costs (at $2 each way) to the attorney’s office were $4 and to the DMV were about another $4 for a total of $8. She estimates having spent 4 hours consulting an attorney (including 1 hour travel time), 4 hours changing her birth certificate (assuming one hour travel, three waiting), and 3 hours traveling to and from and waiting at the DMV. At minimum wage of $7.25 per hour, the 11 hours were worth $79.75.

Her total costs were $12 for documents, $8 for travel, and $79.75 in time, for a total of $99.75. If she had not been provided pro bono legal assistance, she would have needed about 8 hours of legal services at a minimum of $150/hr, or $1200, plus a filing fee of $150, totaling $1,350.66 This would have increased the cost of her “free” voter ID to $1,449.75.

Honestly RB, this is the weakest argument I have ever seen you put forward... its an awful attempt to try and twist the story and use racism as a get out clause. Ironically that's what you are accusing the system of doing.

Its sickening... the unfortunate thing is I'm not shocked. 

• Like 1

Four companies have been hired by the Arizona Senate to participate in the Maricopa County Audit. I believe experts have also been consulted to map out the process for the forensic audit.

Apparently there is a volunteer representative from the Democratic and Republican Parties plus an observer at each of the tables where the processing is being done. There are nine cameras live streaming the proceedings and apparently more cameras at each of the tables.

This audit is being driven by "We the people" of Arizona who feel a sense of injustice about events on 3rd November.

The Democrats, locally and nationally,  have tried everything in their power to stop/limit the audit and continue to do so, what have they got to hide.

https://azaudit.org/

• Haha 1