Mr Trump: he's such a nice man!

Jacko51

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

RB tactic number 12... faux outrage 

It must be really sad living in a world of such bad faith that you constantly have to ascribe the worst possible outcome to something just to make your own bigoted views make sense.

I've said to you a million times, please do not lie about things I've said and not said. You keep doing it. 

Not only that but you then say I'm pretending when I react to it?

You really should be ashamed.

4 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

It must be really sad living in a world of such bad faith that you constantly have to ascribe the worst possible outcome to something just to make your own bigoted views make sense.

I've said to you a million times, please do not lie about things I've said and not said. You keep doing it. 

Not only that but you then say I'm pretending when I react to it?

You really should be ashamed.

I’m sure you find such accusations ‘outrageous’ usually. What makes him a bigot?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I’m sure you find such accusations ‘outrageous’ usually. What makes him a bigot?

On this thread alone I have been accused of calling the move from the Republican Party to introduce Voter ID laws Racist... I haven't

I have been told that I am offended by the concept of reducing voter fraud... Im not

And yet in RBs world, I'm the one making things up.

I have been told I havent provided any evidence of suppression... Outside of the fact that denying someone a vote if they dont meet certain criteria is the definition of supression... I have presented articles, findings and papers. 

In return I have seen NOTHING around the size of the electoral fraud problem that this solution is supposed to fix. I however have presented some finding on that topic.

And yet in RBs world I'm the one not bringing evidence.

Im told by RB that there is a Fraud Problem that needs fixing... when I later say that he believes there is mass voter fraud I get accused of making things up and the faux outrage comes out again.

And yet Im the one accused of Gaslighting.

Fortunately Im used to having "Discussion" with RB and know where they will end before they start and its water of a ducks back.

Well it turns out in the 6 states with the strictest photo ID laws you can already get free ID cards to enable you to vote in elections.

Including Georgina by the way - Georgia Voter Identification Requirements2 | Elections (ga.gov)

Voter Identification Requirements | Voter ID Laws (ncsl.org)

87% of black people in america are estimated to have Photo ID already - AMERICANS-WITH-PHOTO-ID-Research-Memo-February-2015.pdf (projectvote.org)

Whilst that is the lowest ethnic group, it's only 8% lower than Whites and a far better metric to use to arbitrarily group people together by would be age or social economic standing. With poorer people and younger people far less likely to have ID as a whole group, than black people.

ID cards are clearly not racist. The only people who would think they are racist, think that because they don't want photo ID election requirements. It has nothing to do with race, it's just the only tactic they have to get their way. 

Once you realise that, you will realise how disgusting it is for a president to use the words Jim Crow 2.0. It's objectively racist from Biden. He lied multiple times about Georgia's voting laws. The media were fully complicit. They recruited companies to do their dirty work (a classic tactic of actual fascists by the way).

The MLB for example, disgusted with these "racist" requirements for photo ID pulled their all star game and moved it to Colorado.

Here are voter requirements for Colorado:

• Colorado driver's license
  • Colorado Dept. of Revenue ID card
  • U.S. passport
  • Employee ID card with photo issued by the -U.S. government, Colorado state government, or political subdivision of Colorado
  • Pilot’s license
  • U.S. military ID with photo
  • Copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector
  • Medicare or Medicaid card
  • Certified copy of birth certificate
  • Certified documentation of naturalization

It's just beyond the pale lies. Horrendous, evil racism using black people as political pawns time and time again. Inventing racism to keep them down, inventing racism to smear opponents. It has to stop.

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Well it turns out in the 6 states with the strictest photo ID laws you can already get free ID cards to enable you to vote in elections.

Including Georgina by the way - Georgia Voter Identification Requirements2 | Elections (ga.gov)

87% of black people in america are estimated to have Photo ID already - AMERICANS-WITH-PHOTO-ID-Research-Memo-February-2015.pdf (projectvote.org)

Whilst that is the lowest ethnic group, it's only 8% lower than Whites and a far better metric to use to arbitrarily group people together by would be age or social economic standing. With poorer people and younger people far less likely to have ID as a whole group, than black people.

ID cards are clearly not racist. The only people who would think they are racist, think that because they don't want photo ID election requirements. It has nothing to do with race, it's just the only tactic they have to get their way. 

Once you realise that, you will realise how disgusting it is for a president to use the words Jim Crow 2.0. It's objectively racist from Biden. He lied multiple times about Georgia's voting laws. The media were fully complicit. They recruited companies to do their dirty work (a classic tactic of actual fascists by the way).

The MLB for example, disgusted with these "racist" requirements for photo ID pulled their all star game and moved it to Colorado.

• U.S. passport
  • Employee ID card with photo issued by the -U.S. government, Colorado state government, or political subdivision of Colorado
  • Pilot’s license
  • Copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector

It's just beyond the pale lies. Horrendous, evil racism using black people as political pawns time and time again. Inventing racism to keep them down, inventing racism to smear opponents. It has to stop.

This whole post falls apart immediately because no one says that the need for ID is Racist in its design. It wasn’t designed to hurt black people... it was designed to increase the chance of a republican win. Blacks people are just unfortunately the ones who give them and easy win. 

Some other more detailed ways it’s fails:

You clearly haven’t read anything posted by multiple people on why people in poor social groups find it hard to “afford” IDs... it’s not to do with the cost of the piece of plastic itself. Days off work to fix admin errors, long travel to places that will provide the plastic are 2 of the more common mentioned. It’s been mentioned over and over again but you are ignoring it. It’s weird.

Your interpretation of the stats is wrong.

People with low income as defined by your own source have a lower portion of people without ID than black people. That also ignores the split of ethnic vs white in that group. Is it proportionally made up of more ethnic people? 

Also 8% lower isn’t something you can brush aside when comparing Black to white... that’s a lot of people.

It also gets worse when you add the actual number of Hispanic (another 10%) and other (11%) to the numbers of people denied a vote by demanding ID.

Correct... finally, you are getting it. It’s not to do with race... the Republicans would suppress the votes of ginger people if it meant they had a better chance of winning. 

This isn’t a racist thing... it just so happens that it’s minority groups that are affected. 

super weak effort from you RB. You sound more and more like Paul the more you post on this topic. Refusing to acknowledge the actual issues and claiming the media is biased as a catch all defence.

I note once again you fail to provide any evidence of the problem that needs solving by making it harder for people to vote. Zero.

Edited by Iron Curtain

58 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Suppressing votes because of a threat no one can prove is what needs to stop.

Your attempt to turn the defence of people’s votes into a race war is what’s sickening. Seriously low RB. 

• U.S. passport
  • Pilot’s license

Stacey Abrams and Joe Biden between them cost Atlanta, GA ca $100million in revenue when the All-Star game was moved to Colorado, a state which probably has similar voting laws to Georgia. Joe Biden's comments in particular are heinous, he mustn't be able to remember what the Jim Crow laws were all about else he wouldn't make such an awful comparison.

The Democrats keep pushing this untrue narrative of Black/minority oppression in all it's forms in the USA as without the black/minority vote the Democratic Party is severely weakened.

5 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

without the black/minority vote the Democratic Party is severely weakened.

I love it when someone is so blinkered they can’t even see they are arguing against themselves!

Hence why the Republicans are trying to suppress it.

Now we all agree there is a motive... Next the republicans need the means.... a law change perhaps.

Finally an opportunity... Fake fraud to levels that just don’t happen should do it.

Edited by Iron Curtain

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Your attempt to turn the defence of people’s votes into a race war is what’s sickening. Seriously low RB. 

He was clearly smirking as he wrote that last sentence. It's all just a game to him. 

• Like 1

Just some Wednesday afternoon Black Lives Matter terrorism;

Oklahoma House comes to a halt as group fills gallery, protests bills moving through Capitol (msn.com)

Thank god we know that entering a capitol building and disrupting proceedings is a terrorist insurrection now.

Warning, there's quite a graphic image of some people standing in a place that they shouldn't be.

On 21/04/2021 at 23:12, Iron Curtain said:

This whole post falls apart immediately because no one says that the need for ID is Racist in its design. It wasn’t designed to hurt black people... it was designed to increase the chance of a republican win. Blacks people are just unfortunately the ones who give them and easy win. 

Some other more detailed ways it’s fails:

You clearly haven’t read anything posted by multiple people on why people in poor social groups find it hard to “afford” IDs... it’s not to do with the cost of the piece of plastic itself. Days off work to fix admin errors, long travel to places that will provide the plastic are 2 of the more common mentioned. It’s been mentioned over and over again but you are ignoring it. It’s weird.

Your interpretation of the stats is wrong.

People with low income as defined by your own source have a lower portion of people without ID than black people. That also ignores the split of ethnic vs white in that group. Is it proportionally made up of more ethnic people? 

Also 8% lower isn’t something you can brush aside when comparing Black to white... that’s a lot of people.

It also gets worse when you add the actual number of Hispanic (another 10%) and other (11%) to the numbers of people denied a vote by demanding ID.

Correct... finally, you are getting it. It’s not to do with race... the Republicans would suppress the votes of ginger people if it meant they had a better chance of winning. 

This isn’t a racist thing... it just so happens that it’s minority groups that are affected. 

super weak effort from you RB. You sound more and more like Paul the more you post on this topic. Refusing to acknowledge the actual issues and claiming the media is biased as a catch all defence.

I note once again you fail to provide any evidence of the problem that needs solving by making it harder for people to vote. Zero.

Bit of a come down from Jim Crow 2.0 the republicans want to supress black votes to "well the republicans just want to win an election"

It's not racist if black people choose not to get a free ID. It's their choice. Simple as that really. I don't hold them to a lower standard then anyone else. If they want Id, they can get ID, and that really is all that matters. 

Maybe it was a weak effort, but at least mine was based in reality, and I can only beat what is in front of me. 

97% of eligible voters in Georgia have ID. For the other 3%, IF THEY WANT, they can get ID for free, they can apply online, in person, in different places. It's quite easy. So yes, I feel that when Biden compares that to having actual literacy tests despite black people not being allowed an education....then it's HORRENDOUSLY racist. It's a lie. It victimises black people, it stokes racial division. No good will come of it at all.

In fact, all that has happened is that Goergia has lost potentially 10s of millions of income from dishonest, virtue signalling and racist corporations who buy Biden's lies. I wonder who will get hurt the most by that lack of income? Maybe the poorest in society? And who makes up a disproportionate amount of the poorest groups? Full circle, normality resumed. Democrats get to call everyone racist whilst at the same time actively taking money away from the people they purport to care about.

• Like 1

Maybe it was a weak effort

No maybe about it.

Forcsoberhing that’s so terribly racist in your book I’m not seeing much anger from the black community... tell you what they are angry about... having their votes suppressed!

Still waiting for proof of the fraud which means the US needs to make voting harder... a blight on democracy.

Edited by Iron Curtain