Mr Trump: he's such a nice man!

Jacko51

Have you read any of the articles where people from ethnic minorites talk about the challenges faced getting ID?

Maybe its easier to get a government ID in India than it is if you are a poor person in the US... there is more poor people as you say. So maybe the system is set up to better help poor people. 

11 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Again, I think this is pure democrat projection. They want to fix elections for themselves and so they see any move by the republicans through that lens too. 

He said she said... works the exact same way by just switching the parties around... adds nothing to the debate and proves nothing. 

One Party is saying that we should make it harder for people to vote... one is saying we shouldnt do that. Fundamentally I have to side with the party that isnt restricting peoples ability to vote.

Your argument has merit only is there is an ACTUAL fraud problem that needs fixing that is more significant than the issue of people not being able to vote.

As for the 10m people ... I believe that the democratic process shouldnt pander to them. What next... Trump and the GoP make up something else up and the voting system has to change again to keep them happy. Then they make something else up and the system has to change again.... sounds a lot like trying to keep a party in power to me. Sounds a lot like a step towards a communist state. Exultant leader isnt happy with something... followers agree.. demand change so that he chain stay in power.

Its SO undemocratic its untrue.

Edited by Iron Curtain

40 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Hmm this is all very fishy.

It's really easy, just get ID. If affordability or access is a problem then why are the democrats not sorting that out?

I know why, because they profit from black people being oppressed and they profit from poor people staying poor. It's why they constantly need more oppression and they constantly need more poor people. 

10s of millions of people suspect that the last election was fraudulent. How do you propose the USA regains their trust?

25% of black Americans lack photo ID. 8% of white people. There are studies that show it will disenfranchise minorities. There are quotes from republicans that show they believe suppressing the vote will benefit them.

You don’t pander to conspiracy theorists. They ‘believe’ what they need to in order to fit their made up reality that trump is the rightful president. Conspiracy theorists and seditionists shouldn’t dictate policy. Suppressing the votes of others to pander to them would be ridiculous. 

45 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Change to postal laws - coronavirus at a guess.

Why do you keep saying that I'm claiming its Racist? I haven't said that... the action is not to target lack people, its to target voters who dont have ID. Who just so happen to be poor and of ethnic minority. It also supresses the vote of very old people... with nothing to do with race. 

By Weaponise peoples votes... do you mean... give as many people as possible their legal vote? Come on RB that is really weak from you. 

I have made no giant leaps at all. I have stated nothing but truths.

Demanding people have a beard to vote would supress the vote of people who cant grow a beard.

Demanding you have an ID to vote supresses the vote of people that don't have an ID and have trouble getting one... they are allowed a vote, they have that right.

Which of thee statements do you disagree with?

Demanding voters have ID suppresses the vote of people that dont have ID.

A higher proportion of Poor and ethic minority people dont have ID

It can be difficult and costly for them to get one (if you consider the cost of all the things you need to get right before the government will hand you a free one)

Poor and ethnic minority people are less likely to vote republican.

Republicans know this.

I will also wait patiently for the evidence that there is mass voter fraud where people are walking up and pretending to be someone else, voting twice or voting in an incorrect state.

No I don't mean getting people to votes.

I mean literally lying about racism to keep black people oppressed and to be able to reduce the votes for the other party. They do it none stop. Every prominent democrat politician has engaged in these lies. Biden did it on the global stage. Undeniable lies. He knew it wasn't true, he said it anyway. 

this is more of the same.

Democrats do not want investigations into electoral fraud.

Democrats do not want measures that reduce voter fraud.

Looks very suspect.

35 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Again... because the republicans would just stop it when they next won an election.. its not a sustainable solution.

Republicans would not only not stop it. 

they'd hand deliver IDs to everyone with chocolates, flowers and personal cheque for $1m.

We can all just make stuff up.

Just now, Regal Beagle said:

Democrats do not want investigations into electoral fraud.

Democrats do not want measures that reduce voter fraud.

Looks very suspect.

Making things up. Any time there is evidence of voter fraud, the police have followed it up. 

2 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Republicans would not only not stop it. 

they'd hand deliver IDs to everyone with chocolates, flowers and personal cheque for $1m.

We can all just make stuff up.

A sustainable solution only works it it works if both our assertations are true.

If you are right... Its a solution

If Im right... Its not a solution

But then you know that because this is the fundamental discussion we are having and therefore your point is petty and adds nothing.

Too big a risk to bet democracy on Im afraid.

I didn't say that either Andy, what are you doing here?

I’m trying to get to what you mean by democrats not wanting to investigate voter fraud. Do you mean legitimate voter fraud or any lies people make up with no evidence? 

Just now, Regal Beagle said:

aaaaaaand we've descended into the farcical make stuff up just to strawman and gaslight everyone territory again.

Pathetic.

Lol of all people 

This is getting weird again, as I've never said that, so who are you arguing with now?

You have clearly stated that Fraud is a big enough issue that we need to introduce ID. 

If you are going to accuse me of something then make sure its not something you are doing yourself... makes you look hypocritical. I never said that the republicans are trying to introduce ID because they are racist ... and yet you have mentioned it over and over again.