Jump to content

Mr Trump: he's such a nice man!


Jacko51
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advert:


On 11/02/2021 at 21:57, Andyregs said:

Anyone watching the trial will see how damning it all looks. Unfortunately those that need to see it, wont, and that includes republicans senators who aren’t even pretending to listen.

 

It was quite damning I agree. Did they offer up any credible evidence at all? Doctored screenshots, a heavily edited video of Trump's speech cutting out references to peaceful protests, even then they couldn't edit together a video of him actually calling for violence. The whole "we deal in cold hard facts" thing fell flat on its face when they were forced to retract part of their case because the person quoted in the article they used as a source stood up and said it wasn't true. 

 

It was a shambles from start to finish. They should never have tried to impeach him with so little evidence. It would have been far more damaging to Trump if they'd have pretty much ignored him since Biden took office. It feels like a botched hit job and that is exactly what it was.

 

To be clear in where I'm coming from, you can be angry at Trump, you can hold him responsible for directly or indirectly for the trouble at the capitol (amongst others). But you can't find him guilty of something which is clearly defined and clearly not applicable in the situation. I posted the legal definition of incitement a few weeks ago. It wasn't even close to being met with any credible evidence what so ever.

There was no due process, there was no evidence, it's not even clear if you can/should impeach someone after they've office. It absolutely stinks and anyone concerned with the state of democracy in America should really be quite concerned about what they've seen. It's not really a legitimate view point to be offended by the Capitol riots but be absolutely fine with what we've seen in the last week. 

 

It's quite terrifying that there are so many people, so eager to see legal due process and criminal definitions abused by the US state because they REALLY don't like the ex-president. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

 

It was quite damning I agree. Did they offer up any credible evidence at all? Doctored screenshots, a heavily edited video of Trump's speech cutting out references to peaceful protests, even then they couldn't edit together a video of him actually calling for violence. The whole "we deal in cold hard facts" thing fell flat on its face when they were forced to retract part of their case because the person quoted in the article they used as a source stood up and said it wasn't true. 

 

It was a shambles from start to finish. They should never have tried to impeach him with so little evidence. It would have been far more damaging to Trump if they'd have pretty much ignored him since Biden took office. It feels like a botched hit job and that is exactly what it was.

 

To be clear in where I'm coming from, you can be angry at Trump, you can hold him responsible for directly or indirectly for the trouble at the capitol (amongst others). But you can't find him guilty of something which is clearly defined and clearly not applicable in the situation. I posted the legal definition of incitement a few weeks ago. It wasn't even close to being met with any credible evidence what so ever.

There was no due process, there was no evidence, it's not even clear if you can/should impeach someone after they've office. It absolutely stinks and anyone concerned with the state of democracy in America should really be quite concerned about what they've seen. It's not really a legitimate view point to be offended by the Capitol riots but be absolutely fine with what we've seen in the last week. 

 

It's quite terrifying that there are so many people, so eager to see legal due process and criminal definitions abused by the US state because they REALLY don't like the ex-president. 

 

 

If you watched it and thought the prosecution was a shambles compared to the defence then you really need to look again. Even Mitch McConnell the republican senate leader admitted trump was guilty but was too much of a coward to vote that way. 
It’s interesting you want legal due process. The problem is that it isn’t a criminal court, its a political one. If you wanted legal due process you would be outraged about members of the jury meeting with the defence team to get their story straight. Not turning up, etc. You aren’t. But I wouldn’t expect you too. People who support trump are on the wrong side of history on this one. You constantly talked about the ‘violent left’, yet here we are. Your man told terrorists he loved them and they were special. And he took their side when asked to call them off (credible evidence). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


On 13/02/2021 at 06:55, Jacko51 said:

Looks like Reilly is an expert on dishonest, cheating Yanks.  He claimed that in his investigation of Armstrong he had actually found no evidence of malpractice.  When Armstrong admitted his cheating Reilly said he had spend time: "polishing a legend that turned out to be plated in fool's gold."  He admitted he had been mistaken about Armstrong.  I've seen no evidence of him admitting mistakes about Trump.

I'm not sure what the beauty or otherwise of Trump's Turnberry course has anything to do with whether or not he is an immoral cretin??

So the only conclusion is Reilly is not even a competent investigator.

Reilly made some facetious comment about the rank and worth of Trump's courses.

So try and forget Trump for one minute if you can,  if you or Reilly had ever been to Turnberry you'd know the Ailsa course and it's setting are absolutely majestic in every way and absolutely nothing detrimental could ever be said of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/02/2021 at 06:57, Powerline said:

Don’t talk sh*te.

And have you forgotten about the 50+ cases lost in court by Trump on the election? Even being thrown out by Trump elected judges? Remove your head from your arse.

Every case that's been taken to court has been dismissed on procedural or process grounds, no court has examined the evidence of alleged voter fraud.

In the interests of proving/disproving election integrity, efforts are ongoing in Maricopa County, Arizona, to carry out a detailed forensic audit by independent specialists of ballot machines, ballots and signatures to determine the integrity of voting machines and legal ballots from illegal ones. The state election supervisors are doing their utmost to prevent it from happening, why? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/02/2021 at 06:59, Jacko51 said:

So no one in the US commits perjury?  Astonishing!

It would be a very foolish person who would lie under oath in such circumstances with a real chance of doing prison time if found out. Astonishing you would think differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 15/02/2021 at 08:17, Regal Beagle said:

 

It was quite damning I agree. Did they offer up any credible evidence at all? Doctored screenshots, a heavily edited video of Trump's speech cutting out references to peaceful protests, even then they couldn't edit together a video of him actually calling for violence. The whole "we deal in cold hard facts" thing fell flat on its face when they were forced to retract part of their case because the person quoted in the article they used as a source stood up and said it wasn't true. 

It was a shambles from start to finish. They should never have tried to impeach him with so little evidence. It would have been far more damaging to Trump if they'd have pretty much ignored him since Biden took office. It feels like a botched hit job and that is exactly what it was.

To be clear in where I'm coming from, you can be angry at Trump, you can hold him responsible for directly or indirectly for the trouble at the capitol (amongst others). But you can't find him guilty of something which is clearly defined and clearly not applicable in the situation. I posted the legal definition of incitement a few weeks ago. It wasn't even close to being met with any credible evidence what so ever.

There was no due process, there was no evidence, it's not even clear if you can/should impeach someone after they've office. It absolutely stinks and anyone concerned with the state of democracy in America should really be quite concerned about what they've seen. It's not really a legitimate view point to be offended by the Capitol riots but be absolutely fine with what we've seen in the last week. 

It's quite terrifying that there are so many people, so eager to see legal due process and criminal definitions abused by the US state because they REALLY don't like the ex-president. 

The whole 2nd impeachment was a farce as was the 1st one and what's even more farcical is now the USA has a president who committed a quid pro quo towards Ukraine when he was in office as vice president.

The Democrats have set the bar so low for impeachment and what constitutes a high crime or misdemeanor that the whole system of government in the USA could become paralyzed especially if the GOP takes back Congress, whatever happened to the 1st Amendment. 

Nineteen mins after Trump  was sworn in on Jan 2017 the WaPo was talking about impeachment, in fact in the 2nd half of 2016 the Democrats including Biden were working with the FBI to prevent Trump from winning the election, then there was the Russian collusion hoax, then the two most flimsy impeachment trials in US history. The Democrats in the USA are a total and utter joke and have been shown up for what they are which is a bunch of lying hypocrites.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

It would be a very foolish person who would lie under oath in such circumstances with a real chance of doing prison time if found out. Astonishing you would think differently.

You mean the kind of foolish person who believes everything a proven liar and grifter say without question? The kind of foolish person who thinks they are a patriot for taking part in an insurection? The kind of fool who mistakes Minnesota for Michigan on an affidavit?

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The whole 2nd impeachment was a farce as was the 1st one and what's even more farcical is now the USA has a president who committed a quid pro quo towards Ukraine when he was in office as vice president.

The Democrats have set the bar so low for impeachment and what constitutes a high crime or misdemeanor that the whole system of government in the USA could become paralyzed especially if the GOP takes back Congress, whatever happened to the 1st Amendment. 

Nineteen mins after Trump  was sworn in on Jan 2017 the WaPo was talking about impeachment, in fact in the 2nd half of 2016 the Democrats including Biden were working with the FBI to prevent Trump from winning the election, then there was the Russian collusion hoax, then the two most flimsy impeachment trials in US history. The Democrats in the USA are a total and utter joke and have been shown up for what they are which is a bunch of lying hypocrites.

If inciting instruction is not impeachable then nothing is.

’trump is practically and morally responsible for the event on jan 6th’ (Mitch Mccconell)

The Washington post is not the democrats. And if lying about a blowjob is impeachable then the stormy Daniels hush money, in which someone got sent to prison for and trump was an unindicted co-conspirator, surely is.

If you’re going to give conspiracy theories then at least try some that haven’t been thoroughly debunked. You’ll start ranting about Q next.

Again we can talk about Russia when you decide whether the mueller report was true and ‘exonerated’ trump, or it was a shambles? You seem to want to go with both arguments to fit your distorted world view.

Trust me, the world has been laughing at trump for 4 years and watched horrified as he attempted a coup. Don’t forget, you yourself wouldn’t even say you’d accept the results 6 months before the election. You knew this was coming chose to support it. And before you try to say that America isn’t the world, Biden got 8 million more votes and trumps approval has only gone down since. Republicans are the party who gave a standing ovation to someone who called for the death of her political opponents. Trump said he could kill someone and wouldn’t lose supporters. He incited insurrection and told terrorists he loved them and they were special and here you are supporting him unquestioningly.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


On 15/02/2021 at 13:33, Andyregs said:

If you watched it and thought the prosecution was a shambles compared to the defence then you really need to look again. Even Mitch McConnell the republican senate leader admitted trump was guilty but was too much of a coward to vote that way. 
It’s interesting you want legal due process. The problem is that it isn’t a criminal court, its a political one. If you wanted legal due process you would be outraged about members of the jury meeting with the defence team to get their story straight. Not turning up, etc. You aren’t. But I wouldn’t expect you too. People who support trump are on the wrong side of history on this one. You constantly talked about the ‘violent left’, yet here we are. Your man told terrorists he loved them and they were special. And he took their side when asked to call them off (credible evidence). 

Total rubbish Andy.

 

This was a farce. It was a political court for one reason and one reason only - they don't have a legal case and everyone knows it.

 

The most outrageous thing about the defence lawyers is that they actually got paid for what was pretty much a walk in the park. They spent a few days trolling democrats, no clever legal arguments needed because they can only defeat what is put in front of them.

 

I really don't think I'm on the wrong side of history when I'm against the state doctoring evidence, selectively edited video clips and bare faced lying to try and impeach the former president for something he clearly did not do. You are pretty consistent in your belief that the ends justify the means when it comes to Trump. That is so dangerous to me. We're happy for the state to lie, to doctor evidence, for the media to be complicit in it all, simply because we don't want someone to be president again? And YOU are on the right side of history? 

 

If your 'side' was right, they wouldn't need to lie, they wouldn't need sham impeachments, they wouldn't need to doctor screenshots and ultimately, as I've said twice now, when someone asks "what is the criminal act that Donald Trump urged his supporters to commit" you'd have an answer, but you don't. You are wrong on this issue. It's that simple. Trump never incited anything, he mentioned peaceful protests more than once, he asked his supporters to walk and cheer for some senators and not others. That's not a crime. The democrats are far more evil than that, as proven by this impeachment hearing, in my opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The whole 2nd impeachment was a farce as was the 1st one and what's even more farcical is now the USA has a president who committed a quid pro quo towards Ukraine when he was in office as vice president.

The Democrats have set the bar so low for impeachment and what constitutes a high crime or misdemeanor that the whole system of government in the USA could become paralyzed especially if the GOP takes back Congress, whatever happened to the 1st Amendment. 

Nineteen mins after Trump  was sworn in on Jan 2017 the WaPo was talking about impeachment, in fact in the 2nd half of 2016 the Democrats including Biden were working with the FBI to prevent Trump from winning the election, then there was the Russian collusion hoax, then the two most flimsy impeachment trials in US history. The Democrats in the USA are a total and utter joke and have been shown up for what they are which is a bunch of lying hypocrites.

4 years of trying to overturn an election result.

4 years of lies about interference in the election.

4 years of actually inciting violence by calling the president a white supremacist, a racist, a nazi etc.

Investigations and trials based on nothing of any substance. 

Months of political violence, hundreds of millions of damage, lots of people dead. Businesses burned to the ground. Police officers executed in their car. 

 

Yet this is the "right" side? 

 

Outraged when Trump questions an election result. Outraged by Trump "lies". Outraged by "inciting violence". Outraged by Trump supporters killing a police officer (even though it's looking like he wasn't murdered at all). 

 

 

It's so insane to me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Total rubbish Andy.

 

This was a farce. It was a political court for one reason and one reason only - they don't have a legal case and everyone knows it.

 

The most outrageous thing about the defence lawyers is that they actually got paid for what was pretty much a walk in the park. They spent a few days trolling democrats, no clever legal arguments needed because they can only defeat what is put in front of them.

 

I really don't think I'm on the wrong side of history when I'm against the state doctoring evidence, selectively edited video clips and bare faced lying to try and impeach the former president for something he clearly did not do. You are pretty consistent in your belief that the ends justify the means when it comes to Trump. That is so dangerous to me. We're happy for the state to lie, to doctor evidence, for the media to be complicit in it all, simply because we don't want someone to be president again? And YOU are on the right side of history? 

 

If your 'side' was right, they wouldn't need to lie, they wouldn't need sham impeachments, they wouldn't need to doctor screenshots and ultimately, as I've said twice now, when someone asks "what is the criminal act that Donald Trump urged his supporters to commit" you'd have an answer, but you don't. You are wrong on this issue. It's that simple. Trump never incited anything, he mentioned peaceful protests more than once, he asked his supporters to walk and cheer for some senators and not others. That's not a crime. The democrats are far more evil than that, as proven by this impeachment hearing, in my opinion.

Hang on, before I go any further, are we saying that it’s wrong to lie when in government. Just so I’m sure which side of your mouth you’re talking from. 
And if you’re concerned about doctored videos (the videos weren’t doctored by the way) the trump administration has a history for that too. If you’re concerned about selective use of videos, the defence use was far far far more selective. 
The incitement was so clear that people on a football forum in England predicted it months ago. 
Again, not my words but the words of the republican senate leader: ‘trump is practically and morally responsible for the event on jan 6th’ (Mitch Mccconell)

And yes we are in the right side of history. I stated a few years ago what would happen, that trump would be looked back on as a stain on America’s history. It’s already happening. 
It’s on record he supported the terrorists. He supported terrorists over his own republican leader. He told terrorists he loved them. Yet the people you label as ‘evil’ are the people the terrorists had targeted. Is this where you end up when you play politics as a sport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


8 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Every case that's been taken to court has been dismissed on procedural or process grounds, no court has examined the evidence of alleged voter fraud.

In the interests of proving/disproving election integrity, efforts are ongoing in Maricopa County, Arizona, to carry out a detailed forensic audit by independent specialists of ballot machines, ballots and signatures to determine the integrity of voting machines and legal ballots from illegal ones. The state election supervisors are doing their utmost to prevent it from happening, why? 

 

The procedural ground that the plaintiffs ie Trump had no evidence to present other than made up <ovf censored>.

The lawyers and Fox News are also being sued for over £1 billion dollars each for defamation by Dominion voting machines. 
 

PS Paul McCartney didn’t die in 1965 and the Queen is not a lizard. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'm against the state doctoring evidence, selectively edited video clips ...We're happy for the state to lie, to doctor evidence, for the media to be complicit in it all...they wouldn't need to doctor screenshots

False and misleading. Par for the course from your standard gish galloping technique though.
 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-lawyer-accuses-house-managers-of-manipulating-evidence-2021-2?r=US&IR=T

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/11/blog-posting/no-house-democrats-impeachment-video-did-not-viola/

https://www.vox.com/2021/2/16/22285460/michael-van-der-veen-doctored-evidence-cbs-trump-impeachment-trial

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...