Mr Trump: he's such a nice man!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this report from a journalist covering their first Trump press conference. The last paragraph is the killer... The press conference I tuned into by chance from my New York hotel room was h

It is though isn’t it.  No one else cries about being misinterpreted and then waxes lyrical about the accountability of words and people misinterpreting who they may or may not be defending.

That’s nothing. The American president prefers putin to his own intelligence service. 

Posted Images

I love this report from a journalist covering their first Trump press conference. The last paragraph is the killer...

The press conference I tuned into by chance from my New York hotel room was held in Otay Mesa, California, and concerned a renovated section of the wall on the Mexican border.

I joined as the president was explaining at length how powerful the concrete was. Very powerful, it turns out. It was unlike any wall ever built, incorporating the most advanced “concrete technology”. It was so exceptional that would-be wall-builders from three unnamed countries had visited to learn from it.

There were inner tubes in the wall that were also filled with concrete, poured in via funnels, and also “rebars” so the wall would withstand anyone attempting to cut through it with a blowtorch.

The wall went very deep and could not be burrowed under. Prototypes had been tested by 20 “world-class mountain climbers – That’s all they do, they love to climb mountains”, who had been unable to scale it.

It was also “wired, so that we will know if somebody is trying to break through”, although one of the attending officials declined a presidential invitation to discuss this wiring further, saying, “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing it”, which the president said was a “very good answer”.

The wall was “amazing”, “world class”, “virtually impenetrable” and also “a good, strong rust colour” that could later be painted. It was designed to absorb heat, so it was “hot enough to fry an egg on”. There were no eggs to hand, but the president did sign his name on it and spoke for so long the TV feed eventually cut away, promising to return if news was ever made.

He did, at one point, concede that would-be immigrants, unable to scale, burrow, blow torch or risk being burned, could always walk around the incomplete structure, but that would require them walking a long way. This seemed to me to be an important point, but the monologue quickly returned to the concrete.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Bill Barr closing in on "The Swamp", interesting times ahead for McCabe, Comey, etc.

How you can look at the trump administration, and bill Barr and still talk about the swamp is amazing. The corruption that would make republicans lose their minds over if it was a Democrat is daily now. 

7 hours ago, Andyregs said:

How you can look at the trump administration, and bill Barr and still talk about the swamp is amazing. The corruption that would make republicans lose their minds over if it was a Democrat is daily now. 

Try senior members of the FBI and other government institutions trying to unseat a democratically elected President. 

You clearly have no idea what's going on.

6 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Try senior members of the FBI and other government institutions trying to unseat a democratically elected President. 

You clearly have no idea what's going on.

The only way to unseat the president would be the 25th amendment which has to have the support of the Vice President and is entirely constitutional, unlike trumps disregard for any kind of oversight (or impeachment which need two thirds of the republican senate to turn on their cult leader). 

If a democrat had done one of the many things trump has done the republicans would have lost their minds. Don’t forget they lost their minds because Obama wore a tan suit. They raged because he wore a bicycle helmet and ate Dijon mustard. But ignoring a serious whistle blower complaint is ‘partisan, though is don’t know who it is’. 

At some point, whether next year or in a decades time, you and others will either deny ever supporting him, or claim that you could never have known the depths of the corruption despite the evidence being in front of your faces rift now. 

Edited by Andyregs

2 hours ago, Andyregs said:

lol 

You don't find it scary that some/all/any of a countries security/law and order agencies can act as suggested?....... spying to bring down an elected leader/government on behalf of the opposition?..... that's closer to 1984 than I care to be.

I don't care which side does it..... and I don't know if it's happened..... I find the mere accusation scary.

12 minutes ago, geosname said:

You don't find it scary that some/all/any of a countries security/law and order agencies can act as suggested?....... spying to bring down an elected leader/government on behalf of the opposition?..... that's closer to 1984 than I care to be.

I don't care which side does it..... and I don't know if it's happened..... I find the mere accusation scary.

Explain how the republican Andrew McCabe and the republican james comey were going to bring down the elected government illegally on behalf of the democrats and I’ll give an answer. 

10 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Explain how the republican Andrew McCabe and the republican james comey were going to bring down the elected government illegally on behalf of the democrats and I’ll give an answer. 

I have no idea how U.S. politics work..... I have no interest in it whatsoever past what appears on the bits of news I read..... and the effect it has on the $.

My comment was not U.S. specific....at least not meant to be...... I find it scary anywhere a democracy exists.... it was just as scary when accusations emerged about mi5, I think, spying on Wilson, I think.... memory isn't good I'm afraid.

P.S...... it's as scary as the accusations trump colluded with Russia to fix an election.

21 minutes ago, geosname said:

I have no idea how U.S. politics work..... I have no interest in it whatsoever past what appears on the bits of news I read..... and the effect it has on the $.

My comment was not U.S. specific....at least not meant to be...... I find it scary anywhere a democracy exists.... it was just as scary when accusations emerged about mi5, I think, spying on Wilson, I think.... memory isn't good I'm afraid.

P.S...... it's as scary as the accusations trump colluded with Russia to fix an election.

When I was a kid...I used to get...scared...that there was a shark under my bed...after watching jaws....but there wasn’t actually a shark there...am I doing this right?

Edited by Andyregs

25 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

When I was a kid...I used to get...scared...that there was a shark under my bed...after watching jaws....but there wasn’t actually a shark there...am I doing this right?

Did you grow up and find out the only scary things are the things that are allowed to happen through disinterest..... the ones you don't know have happened until it's to late?..... especially the ones you thought couldn't hapen or the ones you initially thought were a good idea

2 minutes ago, geosname said:

Did you grow up and find out the only scary things are the things that are allowed to happen through disinterest..... the ones you don't know have happened until it's to late?..... especially the ones you thought couldn't hapen or the ones you initially thought were a good idea

Ah great....I was doing it...right