onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How much longer can Crwho keep supporting Dario

18 minutes ago, Mario said:

I read many football forums, just out of interest,Alexmad is vomit inducing,they really treat Gradi like an untouchable God,they can't wait for him to return to Crusty Rd.

They are completely deluded. As Holt points out, Gradi was in charge when Bennell was about his business for ages. Loads of people in football (including at Vale) knew about it yet Gradi claims he knew nothing. He’s either lying or deeply stupid. 

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say, as a guest on here, I am a Crewe supporter of 50 years, and I feel that the club have not handled this whole business well at all. And I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I'm certain that Dario didn't abuse any boy, but everyone knew the rumours about BB, and the club should have acted at the time. I live down South now and coach football myself, so I can't get to many games but was there on Saturday for the Swindon match. It's been an unpleasant business and awful for the boys involved, and the whole affair pushed my support for the club to breaking point. But I have two sons who love to watch the Alex, and I don't want to deny them the opportunity to see them in action. I don't come here to criticise Vale fans, only to agree with many of the opinions stated here. I won't be at the derby match because the team I coach have a game that day, but I just hope it passes off peacefully because there are more important things in life than football. I hope it is OK to come on here and give my thoughts.

On 23/10/2019 at 15:30, Phil1965 said:

I just wanted to say, as a guest on here, I am a Crewe supporter of 50 years, and I feel that the club have not handled this whole business well at all. And I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I'm certain that Dario didn't abuse any boy, but everyone knew the rumours about BB, and the club should have acted at the time. I live down South now and coach football myself, so I can't get to many games but was there on Saturday for the Swindon match. It's been an unpleasant business and awful for the boys involved, and the whole affair pushed my support for the club to breaking point. But I have two sons who love to watch the Alex, and I don't want to deny them the opportunity to see them in action. I don't come here to criticise Vale fans, only to agree with many of the opinions stated here. I won't be at the derby match because the team I coach have a game that day, but I just hope it passes off peacefully because there are more important things in life than football. I hope it is OK to come on here and give my thoughts.

Accepted Phil, and it's nice to hear from someone from the Crewe side. If there were rumours though, and I presume they were a long time ago, why weren't they investigated sooner?

Thanks for that Phil. It can't be easy for the decent supporters out there. Not sure if I agree that it's merely been "an unpleasant business" though. Do you feel that the majority of Crewe fans feel the same way as you do or, as it appears, do they want to sweep it under the carpet? Have any of the fans put any pressure on the board to hold a proper inquiry? 

It must be a terrible thing to be accused of if you are innocent. Unfortunately when guilty people are initially questioned they dont say its a fair cop I did it, some never admit to it. This means  you get the situation where innocent and guilty people both plead innocence. However what must be many times worse is if you are a child who was the victim of such abuse.  Perhaps there are cases when no one knew abuse was happening other than the victim and the abuser. There are surely  other cases where this abuse was known about but was swept under the carpet for a variety of reasons. I dont know as a fact which was the case at Crewe, I wasn't there. Many were and its on their conscience . Unfortunately the innocent and the guilty react the same way in these instances.

On 23/10/2019 at 15:30, Phil1965 said:

Thanks for your views Phil,however over on the Alexmad site you would appear to be in the minority.

There is a complete and utter denial to any of the goings on,and a worship of Gradi.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38249626

Hello all, firstly can I congratulate you on holding Oldham to a 0-0 draw. We’ve had a day off. I’d take a play off spot now, as I don’t think we have the squad depth for an automatic spot.

On a more serious point though, there are a lot of fans who are in denial. What happened was awful and Dario is complicit because he appointed BB and didn’t seem to be aware what was happening, or if he was, he didn’t act. I gave up on Alexmad years ago when I realised some posters had the IQ of a goldfish.

Dario revolutionised how a lower league club could be run, but it came at a terrible price, and these days the strange practices of the 1980s simply cannot happen (young boys staying overnight at coaches houses). 

I only became aware of BB when he was convicted in the late 90s, and I would guess he left Crewe not ‘for football reasons’ as is quoted.

There are huge legal consequences for a small club like Crewe with regard to what happened, and one day maybe the people involved at the time can be more honest about their role in what went on.

I worry about next week, this fixture seems to have got quite unpleasant in recent years, and I wouldn’t want to take my boys to it. We’ve had pitch invasions, street fights, fighting on the pitch, players assaulted, missiles thrown. It depresses me to be honest, and both sets of fans are as bad as each other.

Anyway, that’s enough from me, I wish you all a good evening!

Archived