onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How much longer can Crwho keep supporting Dario

The Crewe fans are in complete denial about this.  Have none of them asked why he has been suspended for 3 years?  And why he hasn't appealed the suspension as he said he would?  And why, according to the Daily Mail, that his suspension will become active again if he returns to the game?

Advert

As a person with no connection to what's gone on at Crewe, I try not to think too much about it as I find it quite distressing. If I feel sick to my stomach when I take the time to think about the cover ups, the negligence and the obfuscation (at best), it's appalling to consider how harrowing this must be for the victims in all this. Those poor poor men. I know how trite it is to talk of them having a life sentence but there really is no escaping this ever for those whose lives have been wrecked by Bennell, and those who turned a blind eye are almost as much to blame.

I've said it before but I really wish there was some kind of organised boycott/ widespread shaming of Crewe. They've acted so disgustingly and I struggle to understand how anyone would voluntarily hand the club a single penny. If I was more criminally minded, I'd be down at Gresty Road with a can of petrol and a Zippo.

It was obviously rife in the game and very distressing for the young victims, who were following their dream of becoming Professional footballers. I’m sure we’ve all had that similar dream even though we knew only a few ever made it. I know someone who was involved in the case at Crewe and they like other clubs refuse even to apologise. He tells me that this hurts even more. My only thoughts on this is that if they did apologise then perhaps the clubs might be held liable which would then lead to civil claims against the clubs. Perhaps the English FA need to step up, as they are at the head of what’s known as the beautiful game? 

28 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Sadly we have a BBC Savile situation all over again. The most sinister thing is, he is being protected by Crewe as a club. Still hailed a great, like Savile was by the BBC. 

It only will come out when he dies. 

I believe that is probably the case.  There are rumours that he has a few extremely influential people on his side protecting him.  May be rubbish but it would explain a lot.

The clown who rang RS last night was another head in the sand denyer, who was moaning at Darios’ “unfair treatment”. He wanted to celebrate and recognise Darios’ contribution, while staying well clear of acknowledge the pain that has happened to these young lads and the part played by Darios’ guilty knowledge. I personally found his comments unbelievably disrespectful to the victims and of course BBC Blakeman felt that either he could not, or did not want to comment on the whole sickening scenario. Utterly embarrassing and shameless club, associates and supporters. 

The smaller the place of employment the harder it is to conceal any wrong doing and keep it hidden from those at the top. Crewe are a small organisation, that is no slur but a fact just as Vale are. Dario had daily involvement at the club. It has often been stated that was one of the reasons for his success was his total control over all aspects.

I find it impossible to believe that senior club officials in a small organisation didn't know this abuse was going on ?  Vale fans even sang about it for God sake for many years everytime we played Crewe. Was no one listening, or did no one want to hear because of the dreadful implications for the club. Was money more important than the children involved ?

I know what I believe and I would like to think that if it had happened at the Vale and I knew I would be shouting my indignation from the rooftops. The silence is deafening.

He was banned because the allegations were made against CAFC, were to serious for the FA to ignore so as Dario who was still working was singled out by the FA, even though there is no evidence of any wrong doing. He cant appeal because of the criticism DG received after the enquiry at Chelsea. There was no evidence he did anything wrong but a Judge criticised him anyway, I think the judge did that to ensure that Dario would not be able to return to football. The only option would for Dario to appeal or take legal action against the FA, but it's unlikely, after he was criticised by a judge, that he would ever get a fair hearing, its politically expedient not to allow him back into football.

Crewe fans actually believe this.

Just had a look on the Alexmad site.

One post had my eyebrows raised just look at the last few words.........

He can come and watch the Alex at any time. Why? Because he has not been found guilty of anything by anyone despite being hounded as a convenient scapegoat by certain media and an outrageous remark by a 'judge'. Plus of course, he was suspended from an active role in the club and now he is not employed by the club. Therefore he can come as a spectator.
When he does I will certainly express my gratitude and appreciation for all the pleasure he has provided.

From Oliver Holt in today's Mail on Sunday:

GRADI SHOULD HAVE LONG GONE 

Dario Gradi, who was the manager of Crewe at the time serial paedophile Barry Bennell was abusing boys at the club, retired as their director of football last week before the FA's investigation into the game's sexual abuse scandal has been completed. 

It is typical of Crewe's inadequate response to the revelations about Bennell that Gradi, who insists he knew nothing of Bennell's conduct, was allowed to remain at the club. It happened on his watch. He should have resigned or been forced out long ago. 

Archived