onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxes and Sponsorship.

Advert

A joke, but like TD says, if it's been reviewed then fair do's. Given the enormity of the list of things needing doing, this was one easily avoided

email is excellent response

Dear Hospitality Box Holder
Firstly, thank you for your support, as we enter our New Era at Port Vale. We are overwhelmed by the response of the fans and especially to you, our hospitality customers, who very quickly showed your support. Thanks to you, we now have a healthy, but frustrated (!), waiting list for our boxes and President seats.
Our aim throughout the club is to raise the standard and bring back the pride to Vale Park that we have all seen deteriorate over the last few years. To this end we emulated a number of other clubs and looked to introduce a dress code for hospitality. Having received mixed but emphatic “feedback” we feel that within our enthusiasm and excitement we haven’t worked in the collaborative manner that we always aspire to.
We have therefore, taken a decision to delay making any changes on the match day Hospitality Experience (other than the food of course). Over the first two home league matches (Northampton and Forest Green) we will look to canvas your opinions on everything from food, service and dress code so that we can produce a set of guidelines that everyone feels comfortable with.
Please can we emphasise that we can only influence off the pitch and not on!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Vale Park for the new season.

That’s a good statement. Not really seeing the issue though. You wouldn’t get into even the cheapest paddock at Ascot or Aintree without a suit so why wear scratty jeans in supposedly presidential/corporate level seating. 

That’s a good statement. Not really seeing the issue though. You wouldn’t get into even the cheapest paddock at Ascot or Aintree without a suit so why wear scratty jeans in supposedly presidential/corporate level seating. 

I would know that and either choose to buy a ticket or not if I did not like the dress code.

I have seen some awful scratty suits and formal wear at numerous events, the number of people who do not know what shoe polish or dry cleaners are is staggering

36 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

email is excellent response

Dear Hospitality Box Holder
Firstly, thank you for your support, as we enter our New Era at Port Vale. We are overwhelmed by the response of the fans and especially to you, our hospitality customers, who very quickly showed your support. Thanks to you, we now have a healthy, but frustrated (!), waiting list for our boxes and President seats.
Our aim throughout the club is to raise the standard and bring back the pride to Vale Park that we have all seen deteriorate over the last few years. To this end we emulated a number of other clubs and looked to introduce a dress code for hospitality. Having received mixed but emphatic “feedback” we feel that within our enthusiasm and excitement we haven’t worked in the collaborative manner that we always aspire to.
We have therefore, taken a decision to delay making any changes on the match day Hospitality Experience (other than the food of course). Over the first two home league matches (Northampton and Forest Green) we will look to canvas your opinions on everything from food, service and dress code so that we can produce a set of guidelines that everyone feels comfortable with.
Please can we emphasise that we can only influence off the pitch and not on! emoji4.png
We look forward to welcoming you back to Vale Park for the new season.

This is the perfect response if the powers that be have had less than positive feedback to this initiative.

Good initiative. I heard that few of Norman's Hangers on were turning up in tracksuit bottoms last season for hospitality. 

Its a bad initiative quite rightly put on hold.

Interestingly the new now halted dress code allowed tracksuit bottoms

10 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Its a bad initiative quite rightly put on hold.

Interestingly the new now halted dress code allowed tracksuit bottoms

Bad timing rather than a bad initiative. The reasoning for such a policy I believe is sound but I would hope box holders etc. would be aware of any dress code in advance of reserving their box/VIP seat.

Anyway, any decision will never affect me as I’d rather sit in the cheap seats, surrounded by my fellow plebs 👍

I think the initiative to raise standards through out the club is to be applauded,if I could afford the kind of money to have a box (Highly unlikely) !  I would hope that the standard of dress reflected the cost of the box, I wouldn't want to see people wandering round in scruffy clothes, football shirts and shorts.

Sorry if that offends those whose chosen clothing  is the above, I dont mean to offend, but I am surprised that there were no restrictions in situ in the first place,so good luck to Kevin and Carol in your attempts to raise our profile. 

Bad timing rather than a bad initiative. The reasoning for such a policy I believe is sound but I would hope box holders etc. would be aware of any dress code in advance of reserving their box/VIP seat.
Anyway, any decision will never affect me as I’d rather sit in the cheap seats, surrounded by my fellow plebs

I used to love sitting with my fellow plebs, i really miss those days

I think the initiative to raise standards through out the club is to be applauded,if I could afford the kind of money to have a box (Highly unlikely) !  I would hope that the standard of dress reflected the cost of the box, I wouldn't want to see people wandering round in scruffy clothes, football shirts and shorts.
Sorry if that offends those whose chosen clothing  is the above, I dont mean to offend, but I am surprised that there were no restrictions in situ in the first place,so good luck to Kevin and Carol in your attempts to raise our profile. 

So do we stop people in scruffy suits? unpolished shoes?

Archived