Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Banished to the youth team for training?

He was running around one of the parks or something the other day in a Bournemouth training top

Why are some Vale fans obsessed with 442. It's a system that is outdated and the current game is about high energy, high pressing and playing the ball in an attractive manner. 433/4231 are fantastic systems which current successful teams use very well.

• Like 1

Any news on how many the cobblers will bring, they have apparently been allocated 700 tickets, hoppfully they will sell all and create a great atmosphere and monies in the Vale bank account. 

Looking forward to the game tomoz .

Good luck for the season Vale so great to see the queue (unless you were in it )for Salford away. 

Team well let’s play our hearts out and the team hopefully will be the right one selected .

A performance full of verve and having a go throughout.

Thanks Kevin and Carol forputting pride black in the club (along with the volunteers staff etc ).

Great stuff UTV 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to it but no matter how it goes on the pitch tomorrow I will leave the ground happier than if smirthwaite was in charge.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bycarspete said:

Any news on how many the cobblers will bring, they have apparently been allocated 700 tickets, hoppfully they will sell all and create a great atmosphere and monies in the Vale bank account. 

Hopefully on the understanding that they can have more if they want them, or pay on the day.

the away end holds 4500 after all.

Edited by Conrad

On 07/08/2019 at 12:43, bobbymanc said:

Online tickets now available. I had a word at 11.30am today when I realised it was down (rather than moaning about it on OVF) and they sorted it out within 8 minutes.

You're all welcome.

'kin hell - you mean you can get things sorted out without having a good old whinge on here??? Better keep that quiet!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Walka003 said:

2-0 Vale, Amoo 1st goalscorer is 60/1 on sky bet. Get it while the goings good

I got on Vale to win @ 13/8  good price, was only expecting 5/4 or there about's.......

• Like 1

I think an early Northampton goal will unsettle the players and the crowd but an early second half equaliser followed by a late winner will send us home happy.

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Wet and windy in Burslem? Will it affect the game and the gate?

Probably, but i am still expecting it to be around 6,000. Really looking forward to this. A win and and a good atmosphere would be the perfect start.

• Like 2

Wet and windy in Burslem? Will it affect the game and the gate?

The weather is a joke! It’s nearly 11am on an August morning and we’re sitting here with nearly every light on in the house. Unfortunately, the conditions/forecast will put some folk off.

The wind conditions forecast to hit us at 3pm will definitely have an effect on the game too.

With the ball likely to be bouncing around in the gale-force wind, their big lads may well come into their own? Let's hope we defend the set-pieces better than we have been doing!  Up the Vale!