onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Advert

11 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Keith Curles comment on their goal:

"For our goal, we identified the player marking Ryan Watson and we thought that would give us an opportunity and so it proved. Ryan showed a great understanding of where he needed to be and he finished it well.”

Who was marking Watson?

24 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Sorry to upset the snowflakes on here who are happy with 2 points out of a possible 6.

No change from last season with 10 out of 11 of the team same as last season.

No players on the bench to improve the team.

Same hoofball to Pope up front on his own.

Northampton could possibly be last years Notts County.

Askeys percentage is still close to the 23% of last season.

Even Aspin had 31%..

Glad you are happy with the results so far.

We haven’t lost but haven’t won either.

I get the feeling you would genuinely be upset and bothered should Vale win. Either you're a Stoke fan on a bit of a wind up or someone that just hasn't been taking his meds lately. 

39 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Who was marking Watson?

Been watching back through the full game on ifollow this morning, just flicking through the main points of the game. It was Amoo marking him. Coincidentally i though it was Amoo last week who played a part in Colchester's goal with the guy who eventually crossed it coming off his shoulder and Amoo not doing enough to track him back as well.

Honestly having been through that game again this morning, especially the second half I can’t see how anyone can say it’s the same as last season. We created some really good opportunities, especially down the right and left wings with some really good play that got us in to the box. Not only that but Legge and Pope had headers that they really should have done better with. I stand by what I said yesterday in that Worrall, Gibbons, Legge, Joyce, Smith, Conlon, maybe even Crookes and Amoo as well were all contenders for man of the match for me. 

Whenever I watch us I compare what they’ve got to us, that lump up front looked a handful for them but he offered nothing. Compare him to what Pope offers when he gets the ball. Their right back seemed to go backwards every time he got the ball, whereas ours always looks to be positive when he can. Compare Worrall to and Amoo to their 2 wingers in Hoskins and Adams, ours were much more direct, were productive and got behind them many more times than they did, plus we had our full backs and wingers linking with an extra midfielder, they did none of that and posed little threat down the flanks. Also interesting to see how many times they changed their formation up front to try and stop our full backs going forward, it didn’t work for them.  Overall I’d say considering they’re supposed to highly fancied I think we’ve got players I’d much prefer in our side. 

Oh and can I ask a favour, please don’t quote Ernie as that means I then see his blocked posts. Thanks.

28 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I get the feeling you would genuinely be upset and bothered should Vale win. Either you're a Stoke fan on a bit of a wind up or someone that just hasn't been taking his meds lately. 

Just block him like many have already done, then you won't have to read his pathetic whining.

Thought overall we could have nicked all three points there. Maybe not a coincidence that they identified Amoo from defensive set pieces if that happened at Colchester and yesterday... something for him to work on as ultimately it undid all his good work and his goal. We can’t improve refereeing decisions but can work on things like that.

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Been watching back through the full game on ifollow this morning, just flicking through the main points of the game. It was Amoo marking him. Coincidentally i though it was Amoo last week who played a part in Colchester's goal with the guy who eventually crossed it coming off his shoulder and Amoo not doing enough to track him back as well.

Honestly having been through that game again this morning, especially the second half I can’t see how anyone can say it’s the same as last season. We created some really good opportunities, especially down the right and left wings with some really good play that got us in to the box. Not only that but Legge and Pope had headers that they really should have done better with. I stand by what I said yesterday in that Worrall, Gibbons, Legge, Joyce, Smith, Conlon, maybe even Crookes and Amoo as well were all contenders for man of the match for me. 

Whenever I watch us I compare what they’ve got to us, that lump up front looked a handful for them but he offered nothing. Compare him to what Pope offers when he gets the ball. Their right back seemed to go backwards every time he got the ball, whereas ours always looks to be positive when he can. Compare Worrall to and Amoo to their 2 wingers in Hoskins and Adams, ours were much more direct, were productive and got behind them many more times than they did, plus we had our full backs and wingers linking with an extra midfielder, they did none of that and posed little threat down the flanks. Also interesting to see how many times they changed their formation up front to try and stop our full backs going forward, it didn’t work for them.  Overall I’d say considering they’re supposed to highly fancied I think we’ve got players I’d much prefer in our side. 

Oh and can I ask a favour, please don’t quote Ernie as that means I then see his blocked posts. Thanks.

Pretty much sums up what i thoughtregarding our players. When i saw the size of Smith, i thought he would cause us all kinds of problems but we coped with him really well.

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

Sorry to upset the snowflakes on here who are happy with 2 points out of a possible 6.

Remind me how many draws Micky Adams had after his first two matches. Or even after his first ten or so.

(Sorry for quoting)

John Askey is spot-on when he says we must push-on having taken the lead.  For far too long now, the players have been happy to ease-up as soon as they go a goal ahead.  We need more of the 'killer mentality' that sets the good teams apart--look at Man City's performance yesterday--clinical and dominating.  Wish we could see a bit more of that from our lads!

17 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

John Askey is spot-on when he says we must push-on having taken the lead.  For far too long now, the players have been happy to ease-up as soon as they go a goal ahead.  We need more of the 'killer mentality' that sets the good teams apart--look at Man City's performance yesterday--clinical and dominating.  Wish we could see a bit more of that from our lads!

Lack of confidence, if only expecting a point and grabbing a lead there is a tendency to not risk anything. Whereas in this league of giants and set-pieces deflections are a big risk. With our height, attack is the way, a pressing game, and higher scoring rate of the increased opportunities  our best option. Can the current players rise to the challenge? By the end of Sept we will know, early days.

It will take time to turn three years of negativity around. Lack of confidence is evident in both the players and the crowd,but it will come over time. A player like Conlon has come from nowhere and is still learning so have patience. Give people a chance,blarting helps no-one. Am concerned that Manny looks like permanent walking wounded so an experienced, creative loanee is imperative- easily said,I know. KTF-that could have been a win yesterday,no doubt.

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

The same as any other Vale fan I want the Vale to win.

I have been a season ticket holder for more than 10 years so have endured the ups and downs.

I honestly cannot see much improvement from last year and cannot understand the euphoria by some people that there has been a large improvement from last season considering we have the same players and tactics.

Askey had the perfect opportunity to improve the team with better recognised first team players but wasted the budget signing non league and cast offs from Askeys previous team.

That is my opinion and time will tell if you or I am correct.

Aspin was ridiculed for doing the same last season but some people seem to think there has been a big improvement and I hope and pray that they are right and I am wrong which wouldn’t upset me in the least.

Stuff the missogs who just like to moan for the sake of moaning,really enjoyed the game from when the Shanahans and Sir John came on(what a reception they all got) you can tell what they think of the club from how they were on there unlike the scum bag.... right to the last kick,so much so I don't really do the first round of the cup but I will be there Tuesday,i like what we are doing,yes there was one new player who started BUT how we played is what we like to see imo.

Only sad part was Manny being injured again,i really don't think we will ever have a 40 game fit manny

Archived