onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Advert

7 hours ago, TylerB said:

Undefeated after playing two sides who will more than likely finish in the top 10, possibly the top 6, and only conceeding two goals in the two games. I'd say that's quite a change.

And looking like we can be a threat too. Plus we have a gameplan as well. We’re definitely looking better than this time last year, especially down the flanks where whatever training ground work we are doing with our wingers and fullbacks looks to be working. There are loads more positives to take than negatives. 

9 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Only difference was Amoo for Monty played out of position. He should be next to Pope who whomever.

If we have signed so many players why not try a few? 

Not sure they’re good enough. As expected only amoo and Cullen seem first team material. I’d give a few of them a go in the cup to see if they are good enough 

Good grief there are some right negative posters on here! For heaven sake give the new owners a chance! Anyway my take on the game which was my first for sometime just trying to help the new owners get up and running. I felt the atmosphere at the club was good and a decent crowd. I think we were a little unlucky not to take all three points, but we look a decent well organised side lots of positives for me. Manny looked a bit off the pace not surprised he was subbed, I think we need to have a bit of shooting practice ! Don’t pull the trigger enough for me ! Said to the fellow sitting next to me Constantine never ever burst the net just got shots on target quickly at every opportunity. I do think we lack a little quality to challenge at the top , but if we dan find a few more goals we will do ok   

Decent performance overall but we lacked movement up front .Considering the swirling wind I think we should have kept the ball on the ground a bit more.Pope was occupying 2 defenders which should have created more space for others.Amoo is our potential matchwinner. Crossing 5/10,must do better.I think Gibbons will be targeted by opposition managers.UTV.

Only got back from four months in NZ with family on Thursday so was absolutely knackered, but so looked forward to this especially as I hadn't seen a ball kicked since last season, and like many was quite pleased with what I saw. There was at least a plan, a clear intention of the way we are going to be playing this season. A lot of effort, aggression and closing down, and in this league that alone will win us points, and the first plus, especially with a new more organised manager at the helm, is that surely there will be no fears about having to endure a relegation battle this season.

The only real concerns, Amoo apart who I thought looked excellent, was there was a fair bit of dejavu about the game, with both team selection, mobility up front, Manny going off injured (and yes IMO he definitely looks a bit too chunky) and annoyingly the goal we shipped - when will we ever learn to pick up players from set pieces?

But great to be back, and great to see a really decent crowd, though I actually thought there were a good few more than the official figure.

What I was trying to post was....

Game of two halves with the first half being very similar to an Aspin performance. Second half very different. Great energy.

Conlon frustrated me. He needs to only use his right foot in training and he definitely needs to work on his speed of decision making. Too many times he took too many touches when a simple quick pass was available.

People keep moaning about only having one up front but when you don't have the best midfield around you can't play a basic 4-4-2 against decent opposition that on paper has a good midfield at this level, otherwise you'll just get over-run and ultimately bent over. We could and should have won the game playing exactly the way we were set out to by Askey.

What I was trying to post was....

Game of two halves with the first half being very similar to an Aspin performance. Second half very different. Great energy.

Conlon frustrated me. He needs to only use his right foot in training and he definitely needs to work on his speed of decision making. Too many times he took too many touches when a simple quick pass was available.
He is also very weak on the ball.

People keep moaning about only having one up front but when you don't have the best midfield around you can't play a basic 4-4-2 against decent opposition that on paper has a good midfield at this level, otherwise you'll just get over-run and ultimately bent over. We could and should have won the game playing exactly the way we were set out to by Askey.
I agree, 2 up top doesnt give a guarantee anyway it should be about movement creating space when we have the ball denying it when we dont ,, we were the better side the reason we didnt win it (other than the ref) was the final ball or players decision making(twice we had opportunity for one v one on breakaways)..
The player s gave everything was hard to pick motm mine wss legge, the guy in front said worrall -how pleasing to have more than just scott Brown n pope,,
First half we looked reserved almost (poss as seemingly v Colchester we were at our best for first 20mins) so poss players were told to wait later in game before unleashing ,either way we more than matched em and something to build on provided we can keep our first 13 fit

I thought both sides improved as the game went on and it was an entertaining encounter. Both created a lot of chances, but in our case we were guilty of not shooting and taking an extra touch or any extra pass in the box. Their goal seemed to come from a corner kick that shouldn't have been awarded?

In midfield we started on skying the ball. Then we were guilty of too many touches. Then we were guilty of pump it forward instead of bringing it under control and passing. Seemed to make a lot of wrong decisions, but in the second half that too improved. 

Overall I thought there was a lot of promise on show, we have a decent team, but we need to go and win a game. Crewe lost at home last week, but because they won away this week they are above us in the league. Winning games makes a big difference to the points tally.

9 hours ago, Heatwave said:

And while they're at it find a way to stop us reading his drivel when it's being quoted in another post - after you've gone to the trouble of blocking him.

Sorry to upset the snowflakes on here who are happy with 2 points out of a possible 6.

No change from last season with 10 out of 11 of the team same as last season.

No players on the bench to improve the team.

Same hoofball to Pope up front on his own.

Northampton could possibly be last years Notts County.

Askeys percentage is still close to the 23% of last season.

Even Aspin had 31%..

Glad you are happy with the results so far.

We haven’t lost but haven’t won either.

Archived