onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Advert

One team tried to play and deserved to win. The other just played to get set pieces and  launch an aerial assault, ably assisted by a linesman and the referee. Disappointed, we have to stop switching off for periods. But at least we didn't lose, which with that ref was something of an achievement.

Good performance by Vale in difficult conditions. Agree with Phil Sproson that they were lucky to finish the game with 11 men and the officials weer awful, the tackle by the center back on Conlon could have ended his season.

Amoo is an exciting player, he's gonna attract supporters.

MOM for me was Leon Legge, immense in that wind.

The Stokies are going at it already. Nathan Jones you won't last too long......lol

My MOTM would have been Amoooooo. Much better than last week. A few bits of bad decision making but looked dangerous. Which is what we want to see. No finer way to spend a Saturday tea time than listening to the lardies in meltdown. Already in a relegation battle apparently... let us hope.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Nothing to write home about so far. Like the high pressing but I've said it before and I'll say it again - playing pope is like playing with 10 men. No mobility, no pace, very rarely wins a header and when he does it just pings off his bonce with no direction at all. Exactly the same issues as last season and the one before. Common denominator is Pope

Pope bullied out of it by two big Centre halves.

One up front at home no change from last season.

Should have won that, had enough chances, despite a poor first half. Leggy and ineffective long ball with Pope isolated.

Referee and Linesman - I will refrain from commenting in detail to avoid an inciting violence conviction. Decision making aside, the constant stop start whistleblowing and not playing advantages ruined the game. 

If Northampton are a promotion side we’re top 3. They were crap. 

I hope the Shanahans had their staff walking around today making notes on the operational inadequacies still going on, i.e still a big queue in the railway at HT with no hot food left. Shouldn’t take long to rectify once they’ve had a few home games to get to grips.

Frustrating performance devoid of any quality from either side. I thought Legge was our MOTM by a long way. Pope was terrible and cost us all three points near the end by not laying off the ball to the completed unmarked Cullen.

Why do we insist on allowing George Andrews anywhere near a mic, he’s a cringeworthy dinosaur.

Considering they're among the favourites to go up, we have nothing to fear in this league this season, and from the evidence so far we won't be in any relegation battle. We fully deserved to win the game today and one lack of concentration on the stroke of half-time cost us that. Northampton looked a bang average side, just one that's physical and does the basics well enough. Considering there won't be too many tougher games this season it's not a bad thing to be unbeaten as of yet. With any justice we'd be on 4 points and things would be looking very rosy.

Archived