melv

Salford tickets?

4 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

Don't stand around doing nothing dressed like a <edit> whilst there are paying customers queuing through the door for 1 1/2 hours...

Disgusting comment ...................

• Like 1

It’s 2019 so of course people are offended by that word. Anyone who sits in the bycars on a Saturday would hear 10x times worse and not bat an eyelid like.

It’s oh so easy to be shocked appalled and disgusted from behind your keyboard. It’s a word, a dated word granted, but really not that offensive to most working class adults with a brain.

People live in burslem like me, get paid <ovf censored>, have <ovf censored> weeks, yet when they put there opinion on here where on use one word that someone doesn’t like all we hear is ‘DISGUSTING IM SO OFFENDED, WHAT OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOUR’. Have a night out in burslem ffs, this is the real people who support vale. If you want supporters accept we are a little rough around the edges and quit crying.

You can’t have the north of the city but not take the people there for who they are.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

It’s 2019 so of course people are offended by that word. Anyone who sits in the bycars on a Saturday would hear 10x times worse and not bat an eyelid like.

It’s oh so easy to be shocked appalled and disgusted from behind your keyboard. It’s a word, a dated word granted, but really not that offensive to most working class adults with a brain.

People live in burslem like me, get paid <ovf censored>, have <ovf censored> weeks, yet when they put there opinion on here where on use one word that someone doesn’t like all we hear is ‘DISGUSTING IM SO OFFENDED, WHAT OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOUR’. Have a night out in burslem ffs, this is the real people who support vale. If you want supporters accept we are a little rough around the edges and quit crying.

You can’t have the north of the city but not take the people there for who they are.

What a load of rubbish mate...... unless you typed it from the 1970s? But you hit the nail on the head about keyboards..... It’s very easy for someone to sit on their pc and call the women in there trollops. But I’d be willing to bet that they wouldn’t dare have said that to their faces in there today. Do you think they would of been offended by it? I bet they’d of gone off their heads.

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

People live in burslem like me, get paid , have weeks, yet when they put there opinion on here where on use one word that someone doesn’t like all we hear is ‘DISGUSTING IM SO OFFENDED, WHAT OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOUR’. Have a night out in burslem ffs, this is the real people who support vale. If you want supporters accept we are a little rough around the edges and quit crying.
You can be as rough as you want but it's not an excuse to call the women who work at Port Vale trollopes it's about respect which was in abundance years ago but sadly lacking these days.
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The thing is it was a personal insult

Uncalled for and unnecessary

the epitome of broken Britain , a vile personal attack on club employees,shameful.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The thing is it was a personal insult

Uncalled for and unnecessary

Word deleted on those grounds

• Thanks 1

There were two windows open in the shop. (7 staff in the office plus 3 in the shop)

When Kevin and Carol turned ( because they had heard there was a big queue) at 10.30am they then opened up the ticket office to serve the people who hadn’t collected their season tickets or buy tickets for the Northampton match.

Still took an hour and half because the queue was back to Hamil Road.

Probably should have moved the Salford tickets to the 4 windows in the ticket office.

It was even slower because people were collecting their season tickets then buying tickets for the Salford match or buying the 10 game ticket then purchasing tickets for the Salford game.

The tickets should have been offered to season ticket holders first before the 10 ticket people.

I feel really sorry for people who were working and unable to get a ticket.

Hope they get it sorted before the Crewe and Macc away games.

The tickets virtually sold out.  Had they not sold because of all these issues then I could understand the problem, but they did sell and folk had to wait a bit?  So what?  

I wanted tickets to a gig a few weeks ago, even paid to have priority access but the tickets were very limited in numbers.  I spent several hours trying to access tickets but was ultimately unable to as they sold out in every venue I could make very quickly.  I didnt cry about it or start suggesting how the ticketing system should be run to be more convenient for me personally.  I just got on with my life.

Moan moan moan.

• Thanks 1

It was a learning curve for Carol and Kevin in the future it will be better organised yes they should have opened the main ticket office straight away and used the inside windows for season tickets and Northampton tickets, also the queuing needs looking at it made it awkward for cars to get on and off the car park it needs to go the other way down the side of the paddock.

Just been to pick up my Salford ticket and the main ticket office was open as well as the window in the shop, seems lessons have been quickly learnt, happy days.

to be fair no one could have predicted yesterday’s queues, when was the last time we had queues like that, maybe the Arsenal game?

47 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Just been to pick up my Salford ticket and the main ticket office was open as well as the window in the shop, seems lessons have been quickly learnt, happy days.

to be fair no one could have predicted yesterday’s queues, when was the last time we had queues like that, maybe the Arsenal game?

The point is though Conrad, everyone did predict the queues. New Club to visit, no great distance to travel to, Vibe at our Club etc, etc meant we were honestly going to get queues. 

23 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

The point is though Conrad, everyone did predict the queues. New Club to visit, no great distance to travel to, Vibe at our Club etc, etc meant we were honestly going to get queues. 

New owners who have never experienced this before, but as I said, it seems like they have learnt quickly.

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

They always have those windows open on a match day! Couldn't have predicted those queues? Really? Last time we had a queue like that, maybe for Crewe last season or the year before? Always happens for close ish games

1400 snapped up by season ticket who had one per ticket. Gone in 24 hours because we have 4200 ticket holders. Could there have been more kiosks open including the one in the away end probably but I don't really see what else the club could have done? 

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

They always have those windows open on a match day! Couldn't have predicted those queues? Really? Last time we had a queue like that, maybe for Crewe last season or the year before? Always happens for close ish games

Agree the main ticket office is usually open on a matchday, but not usually at 9-15am.