onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Salford tickets?

melv

Advert

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

So would be quite easy to set up a priority system, how many away trips for a non-ST to rank as a ST, how many to rank above a ST with no previous away trips. Do you carry the ranks from season to season. Surely a comparison with a few other clubs would come up with a system. Maybe it is in hand?

I work with Wolves fans, for last weeks europa league game in Armenia the tickets were the equivalent of £1 each, Wolves sold 1000 tickets but only 47 travelled, they  were buying the tickets to gain points.

10 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I work with Wolves fans, for last weeks europa league game in Armenia the tickets were the equivalent of £1 each, Wolves sold 1000 tickets but only 47 travelled, they  were buying the tickets to gain points.

They have always run a highly competitive travel club, ManU ran one based on away programmes in the 50s.

10 hours ago, bycars rob said:

the fans who went to Colchester should have had priority. 

...which would be relatively easy to arrange (time permitting) using the database info.  What about those who travel independently for many games and pay at the turnstile/home club tkt office?  Presumably they too would want to be catered for. 

4 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

...which would be relatively easy to arrange (time permitting) using the database info.  What about those who travel independently for many games and pay at the turnstile/home club tkt office?  Presumably they too would want to be catered for. 

One way would be to buy on line from the Vale and download the ticket, alternatively send their ticket stub to the club for recording. Otherwise like myself I would just go in the home area, if I could not obtain a ticket by post.

I'm part of the england travel club. They get around this by having collection only in the city we are playing. Forces everyone to travel and you only receive caps once you have collected. Someone cant collect on your behalf.

I think the one observation (and not a criticism) was how the comms could have been improved in what was a very dynamic and challenging situation. I was working so couldn't get to VP to queue up. As the club had stated you could get your tickets over the phone both me and the wife called over 100 times only to learn later that the club was not taking calls. A simple voicemail or social media announcement as things developed stating that things had changed and only in person sales would be made would have been simple to do and would have saved a lot of time and frustration. Once we heard there were still tickets left on Saturday it was up early and got our tickets sorted so all worked out in the end. A voicemail on the ticket line is so simple to do and would have saved a lot of angst for so many people

9 hours ago, Walter said:
12 hours ago, Conrad said:

I'm part of the england travel club. They get around this by having collection only in the city we are playing. Forces everyone to travel and you only receive caps once you have collected. Someone cant collect on your behalf.

As you no doubt know, it's the same with the home games in that you only get the caps for home games once the ticket is scanned at Wembley to get you in.

I realise we are a long way from automatic turnstiles in League Two but I've long been an advocate of a loyalty scheme for away supporters. It's only a problem a few times a season but hopefully as the club progresses, away tickets will be be more difficult to get as people will always follow a successful team. Most clubs have one so it's not exactly reinventing the wheel and it's not as though the owners don't know anything about computing systems. Paying on the day can be got round because there's not many clubs where they don't hand you a ticket as you pay at the ground and I think it may actually encourage some fans to go more away games which will only benefit the team. The fans who travel up and down the country regardless of where the team play should get some reward and should have priority for more attractive fixtures

a lot being said about the sale of tickets how it was done etc season ticket holders have always had priority on sales but I agree that the few hundred that go every single away game every season should get priority over season ticket holders who most maybe only go 5 or 6 away games if that and maybe these superb away followers should get 2 or 3 days before season ticket holders to collect their tickets

3 minutes ago, windsorvale4ever said:

a lot being said about the sale of tickets how it was done etc season ticket holders have always had priority on sales but I agree that the few hundred that go every single away game every season should get priority over season ticket holders who most maybe only go 5 or 6 away games if that and maybe these superb away followers should get 2 or 3 days before season ticket holders to collect their tickets

I applaud the fans that attend every away game but season ticket holders put their money upfront into the club,away supporters ticket money goes to the home team.

I would guess that 100% of the die hard every away game supporters have season tickets any way

2 minutes ago, jockyboy said:

I applaud the fans that attend every away game but season ticket holders put their money upfront into the club,away supporters ticket money goes to the home team.

I would guess that 100% of the die hard every away game supporters have season tickets any way

so if they are season ticket holders and attend every away game they should get a small window of priority off the club 

Archived