Iron Curtain

Players in and Out

34 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

You never know.Whitfield leaving May have freed up some money to pay Durrell.

But you keep banging on that you don’t want Macc players .🤪

Edited by aspin for england
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

You were on the fringes at Bournemouth who are a Premier league club so someone saw something in you. You are now at a mid table  League 2 side and neither of the last 2 managers have started you regularly. Is that because the Vale have been playing so well during your time here you couldn't force your way into a winning team ? Dont think so , Is it because neither manager wanted a goal scoring attacker in his starting 11 who could change a game. Dont think so. 

The Vale cant afford to leave someone out of the team who is professional around the club and will make a difference to us on the pitch. Surely Ben you need to have a long ,hard, close look at yourself as there is a long history of players leaving the Vale in similar circumstances and very, very few went on to better things. 

• Like 1

To busy messing about on Instagram thinking he’s probably better than he actually is,acting like he’s made it when obviously he hasn’t your in league 2 because your inconsistent and your game needs work,so work at it and get yourself more consistent and then you can start thinking you’re good enough. 

Edited by valiant boy
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

I know who I would pick if I had to bring a game changer off the bench after 70 mins and it wouldn’t be Lloyd but Whitfield every time.

Strange that we have got rid of Hannant and Whitfield but signed Lloyd.

But they haven’t played for Macc Reserves.

Thought it had been a while since you last had a chance to post drivel,i guess that's what happens when you aren't doing too bad as a team so far this season,i bet you cant wait for us to go on a losing streak

• Like 1

I think he has some quality about him but was never given a decent enough run in the side.

Don’t think he’s a winger, either. He suits a number 10 role in behind a striker, or playing just off a big man up top. 

Hope he does well at Torquay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Whitfield has Signed for Torquay. 

And I wonder who got him that move ?  His agent, or a recommendation from Smithy.   Having seen how he has been "advised" by his agent I would plump for Nathan Smith !

Brilliant signing for them. Who knows what went on here.... he’s not exactly a bad player, thought it was harsh he was cast aside into the reserves after askey said he had trained well. Wish him luck. Comfortable good enough for this level when he wanted to be. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, pensioner said:

And I wonder who got him that move ?  His agent, or a recommendation from Smithy.   Having seen how he has been "advised" by his agent I would plump for Nathan Smith !

My first thought was possibly Smurthwaite - is he still sniffing around at Torquay?

59 minutes ago, pensioner said:

What difference does it make? He wasn’t wanted here. The only thing Smith could have done was advise him about the area and their fans, it’s 3 years or so since he played there.

One or two vital goals for us but too many non performances, similar to many players we have had lately. If he is good enough he will make it back to the football league but he may have to change his attitude by all accounts to do so. ,   

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

His agent also having a dig on twitter, all very tasteless to be honest Screenshot_20190903_181815_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpeg.d17a36cc651489b496a55e9a647839e9.jpeg

Not sure that was the case during the negotiations with Aspin. Managers want a player to do a particular job in a team, for whatever reason Askey felt Whitfield couldn't play within the structure he wanted. As an agent that's part of football. He's a bit of a luxury player and overall not as good as Worrall, Amoo or Montano. 

I'm sure something happened in the second week of pre-season as initially Askey was quite positive about Whitfield and Rawlinson. Maybe some kind of bust ùp. By the 3rd week of pre-season I think the writing was clearly on the wall. Good luck to him.

Smurthwaite signing.

Flattered to deceive.

Didnt fit into Askeys plan.

Agent has yet again made himself look daft.

Probably found his level as long as they have space for a flair player that Doesn’t need to defend.

Wish him well.... we move on.

28 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Smurthwaite signing.

Flattered to deceive.

Didnt fit into Askeys plan.

Agent has yet again made himself look daft.

Probably found his level as long as they have space for a flair player that Doesn’t need to defend.

Wish him well.... we move on.

Why would you want a creative player to defend ? No one asks defenders to make things happen at the other end do they ?

As a team you try and get the best out of the players you have available. You’re not going to get the best out of Whitfield by telling him to defend, likewise, you’re not going to get the best out of Crookes by telling him to be a Montano for example.

Any side at any level needs creative players. Defensive minded players may well save games, but creative players win them. Defenders are ten a penny, whereas a player with something different in his locker is not.

In there lies the difference. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Why would you want a creative player to defend ? No one asks defenders to make things happen at the other end do they ?

As a team you try and get the best out of the players you have available. You’re not going to get the best out of Whitfield by telling him to defend, likewise, you’re not going to get the best out of Crookes by telling him to be a Montano for example.

Any side at any level needs creative players. Defensive minded players may well save games, but creative players win them. Defenders are ten a penny, whereas a player with something different in his locker is not.

In there lies the difference. 

Fair challenge... But Amoo and Montano have to hold appropriate shape, track their men and apply appropriate pressure. 

No player these days get free access to wander around and do what they want... unless they are Neymar.

Ben wasn’t good enough to ignore his other duties.