onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and Out

Iron Curtain

Advert

Crookes was excellent last night. I think the area he needs to improve on is going forward, by being on the front foot a bit more to either move the ball faster and go for the return or to get a ball in to the box. Also his positioning in going past our winger too. But seeing as he’s a converted centre half it’s understandable that he won’t have been coached in the things that a normal full back would take for granted during their entire footballing career.

7 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

Thought Crookes was excellent at Salford and again last night.  I trust the manager to mould the squad - I expect he sees Campbell-Gordon as having the potential to play there as well as other options, and therefore he would prefer to spend his budget elsewhere.

That's kind of how I see it too. Wikipedia says Callum Evans can play left-back too. So maybe the club are not looking for any more left-back.

From what I've read the club has a lot of faith in Campbell-Gordon and it's noticeable that while the other graduates have been loaned out, there's no suggestion that C-G will be.

That tends to suggest they see him as in contention for a place. I would not be surprised if he starts the odd FLT game.

UV reporting we have taken Will Patching on trial.

19 year old Midfielder so one for the future.

Ex Man City youth graduate and England under 18 representative. The Manchester evening news reported the shock of him being let go as he was considered on the path to being a city player.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-academy-transfer-news-14858900.amp

Signed for Notts county and played 6 games last year.

Has been told to go on loan and decided he would rather end his Notts contract and is now on trial with us.

29 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Sounds like his inability to Drive caused him a few issues in getting to Notts.

Not sure where he lives but hopefully it’s on a bus route to Vale Park!

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

UV reporting we have taken Will Patching on trial.

19 year old Midfielder so one for the future.

Ex Man City youth graduate and England under 18 representative. The Manchester evening news reported the shock of him being let go as he was considered on the path to being a city player.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-academy-transfer-news-14858900.amp

Signed for Notts county and played 6 games last year.

Has been told to go on loan and decided he would rather end his Notts contract and is now on trial with us.

Always decent for me on footy manager 😂

sign him up, sounds very promising 

25 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Sounds like his inability to Drive caused him a few issues in getting to Notts.

Not sure where he lives but hopefully it’s on a bus route to Vale Park!

Suspect there is a story as it wasn't a problem when they signed him.

On 20/08/2019 at 15:47, the valiant said:

If you can't see that we are desperate for a striker it's time to give up see the railway men have sig ned another striker 

We have three good strikers in Pope, Bennett and Cullen and we only ever play at a time per game. We have one left back who is really a centre half (he played well on Tuesday) and gets a load of stick on here and we have Manny who is a bit of a box to box midfielder and is injured a lot. I would rather have a potential replacement for them two than another striker who won’t get a game. 

Archived