onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and Out

Iron Curtain

To busy messing about on Instagram thinking he’s probably better than he actually is,acting like he’s made it when obviously he hasn’t your in league 2 because your inconsistent and your game needs work,so work at it and get yourself more consistent and then you can start thinking you’re good enough. 

Advert

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

I know who I would pick if I had to bring a game changer off the bench after 70 mins and it wouldn’t be Lloyd but Whitfield every time.

Strange that we have got rid of Hannant and Whitfield but signed Lloyd.

But they haven’t played for Macc Reserves.

Thought it had been a while since you last had a chance to post drivel,i guess that's what happens when you aren't doing too bad as a team so far this season,i bet you cant wait for us to go on a losing streak

59 minutes ago, pensioner said:

And I wonder who got him that move ?  His agent, or a recommendation from Smithy.   Having seen how he has been "advised" by his agent I would plump for Nathan Smith !

What difference does it make? He wasn’t wanted here. The only thing Smith could have done was advise him about the area and their fans, it’s 3 years or so since he played there.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

His agent also having a dig on twitter, all very tasteless to be honest Screenshot_20190903_181815_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpeg.d17a36cc651489b496a55e9a647839e9.jpeg

Not sure that was the case during the negotiations with Aspin. Managers want a player to do a particular job in a team, for whatever reason Askey felt Whitfield couldn't play within the structure he wanted. As an agent that's part of football. He's a bit of a luxury player and overall not as good as Worrall, Amoo or Montano. 

I'm sure something happened in the second week of pre-season as initially Askey was quite positive about Whitfield and Rawlinson. Maybe some kind of bust ùp. By the 3rd week of pre-season I think the writing was clearly on the wall. Good luck to him.

28 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Smurthwaite signing.

Flattered to deceive.

Didnt fit into Askeys plan.

Agent has yet again made himself look daft.

Probably found his level as long as they have space for a flair player that Doesn’t need to defend.

Wish him well.... we move on.

Why would you want a creative player to defend ? No one asks defenders to make things happen at the other end do they ?

As a team you try and get the best out of the players you have available. You’re not going to get the best out of Whitfield by telling him to defend, likewise, you’re not going to get the best out of Crookes by telling him to be a Montano for example.

Any side at any level needs creative players. Defensive minded players may well save games, but creative players win them. Defenders are ten a penny, whereas a player with something different in his locker is not.

In there lies the difference. 

Archived