onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and Out

Iron Curtain

Advert

I couldn’t see that on Twitter, maybe he deleted it.

It’s a pity he didn’t turn up for games as often as say the Luton or Chesterfield matches. Had he been more consistent he would either be a regular starter for us or playing at a higher level. One of those players that flattered to deceive because of his inconsistency IMO. 

There was a player in there. Sad to see him go. He's a lot better than some we've got. Something must have gone on behind the scenes I guess. Aspo started him first game last season.  Scored a great goal. Anyway, all the best Ben. No hard feelings from this Vale fan mate. You can play for sure.

48 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I couldn’t see that on Twitter, maybe he deleted it.

It’s a pity he didn’t turn up for games as often as say the Luton or Chesterfield matches. Had he been more consistent he would either be a regular starter for us or playing at a higher level. One of those players that flattered to deceive because of his inconsistency IMO. 

It's still there, look in his tweets and replies.

I always feel a bit sad when a player doesn't make the grade but I genuinely think that this was entirely down to Whitfield rather than Askey being mean or whatever. You need to work your berries off if you want to play for a professional team; as lowly as Vale are at present, you still need to be one of the top, I dunno, 500 players in your position in this country to make it here and you're not going to get to that stage by being a bit of a twig.

Do supporters actually believe that IF Whitfield was going to score say 15 goals from mid field this season that Askey wouldn't want him at the club ?

I think the manager understands the team far better than the supporters and if he doesn't want him then it's cheerio.

Also, I want it to be the managers decision who he has in his squad, not any out side influences aka Smurthwaite.

Came across this, someone we were widely tipped to sign. Very odd he's still without a club as he was one of the standout players in the league at the back end of last season. Gives a good interview. Surely someone in the West Midlands/ North West needs a creative midfield player who scores and assists goals.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I always feel a bit sad when a player doesn't make the grade but I genuinely think that this was entirely down to Whitfield rather than Askey being mean or whatever. You need to work your berries off if you want to play for a professional team; as lowly as Vale are at present, you still need to be one of the top, I dunno, 500 players in your position in this country to make it here and you're not going to get to that stage by being a bit of a twig.

The frustrating thing is that we’ve seen what he can do, but only in fleeting glimpses. You actually make a good point there at the end, fans moan at the ground and on here that so and so is rubbish, non league quality etc etc, but the reality is that these players (despite our current position) are in the main pretty good. But you need more than just a bit of talent, you need to be mentally strong, committed, hard working, have the right attitude, character and a bit of luck along the way too. There are a lot of factors that go to making it as a pro. 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

I've always thought that Whitfield is a reasonable player but his problem to me is that he's not as good as he thinks he is.

I know who I would pick if I had to bring a game changer off the bench after 70 mins and it wouldn’t be Lloyd but Whitfield every time.

Strange that we have got rid of Hannant and Whitfield but signed Lloyd.

But they haven’t played for Macc Reserves.

41 minutes ago, JRC said:

Came across this, someone we were widely tipped to sign. Very odd he's still without a club as he was one of the standout players in the league at the back end of last season. Gives a good interview. Surely someone in the West Midlands/ North West needs a creative midfield player who scores and assists goals.

You never know.Whitfield leaving May have freed up some money to pay Durrell.

You were on the fringes at Bournemouth who are a Premier league club so someone saw something in you. You are now at a mid table  League 2 side and neither of the last 2 managers have started you regularly. Is that because the Vale have been playing so well during your time here you couldn't force your way into a winning team ? Dont think so , Is it because neither manager wanted a goal scoring attacker in his starting 11 who could change a game. Dont think so. 

The Vale cant afford to leave someone out of the team who is professional around the club and will make a difference to us on the pitch. Surely Ben you need to have a long ,hard, close look at yourself as there is a long history of players leaving the Vale in similar circumstances and very, very few went on to better things. 

Archived