onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and Out

Iron Curtain

Advert

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Ah he’s not good then. Leave it there....

why do you think???? 

Because hes a good player and you actually have to put some money forward to get them!!

I'll try and make sense of your post,If Grant was that good he would have been snapped up,why do you think he's not part of the Shrews plans ?Why do you think he's without a club ?

2 hours ago, Mario said:

I'll try and make sense of your post,If Grant was that good he would have been snapped up,why do you think he's not part of the Shrews plans ?Why do you think he's without a club ?

As I have just said. Wages?? He would be comfortably good enough for us! But no vale fans prefer someone with literally no quality but runs around a bit. Be nice to see a signing with some quality re grant. So when we have an injury we have someone who is good enough to fill In. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

As I have just said. Wages?? He would be comfortably good enough for us! But no vale fans prefer someone with literally no quality but runs around a bit. Be nice to see a signing with some quality re grant. So when we have an injury we have someone who is good enough to fill In. 

The average wage for a league 1 player is more than double the average wage of a league 2 player. Its a ridiculous statement that Vale fans don't like quality players. I would imagine 99% of people would like a nicer house but money dictate what you can afford. A deal for Grant needs Shrewsbury to pick up a chunk of his wages and they'll only do that when they've exhausted avenues to find a club to pay all his wages. Askey is clearly aware of Grant as he paid money for him 12 months ago. I suspect another 10 or 11 league 2 clubs would take a punt on a loan for him but can't afford all his wages. I'd guess he's on at least Peterborough's average wage from 2 seasons ago so 2200 a week, then add on employer NI at 13.8% and that's a minimum of 131000 per year, or at least 9% of our wage budget. As it gets closer to deadline day there may be a deal depending on what Shrewsbury will contribute, how much other clubs will offer to contribute and where Grant wants to move to. Grant won't take any kind of a wage hit, he's not that kind of guy. He'll sit it out not playing at Shrewsbury if a deal doesn't suit him.

13 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Stupid statement  "But no........ Vale fans prefer someone with literally no quality but runs around a bit"

17 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

So you want us to do a Bury and sign players we can’t afford?

That worked out well for them! 

Ps... I know you don’t but I’m making a point. 

I know you hate my posts and think I’m being super supportive... but all I have ever ever done is suggest we should live within our means. And the results we have been getting within those means have been good. And results like Grimsby will unfortunately happen when you live within our means.

But we have to... we can’t afford Grant. He would be a great signing (if he isn’t disruptive) but there are a long list of teams who can and would pay him more than we can. 

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Not sure grants a big fan of the vale. But would obviously walk into our team right now. 

He may be a big fan of the Vale but not a fan of Smurthwaite who screwed him over, hence him putting in a transfer request.

23 hours ago, Mario said:

Grant played 58 games for Vale and was bought to Shrewsbury by Askey.

As no one has come in for him Shrewsbury might be desperate to get him off the payroll and subsidise his wages.

Grant would also have the chance of a fresh start and be glad to leave.

If I remember correctly he was tapped up by Rob Page when he went to Northampton.

Where are we going to get a player like Grant to sign for our club.

We should have signed Sam Foley when he was training with us.

11 hours ago, Conrad said:

He may be a big fan of the Vale but not a fan of Smurthwaite who screwed him over, hence him putting in a transfer request.

This is why I don't believe hes a fan of the vale

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2019/01/08/port-vale-v-shrewsbury-town-preview-anthony-grant-is-not-relishing-vale-park-return/

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Ex-players get mixed receptions, not that I think he will return to play for  us, but if he did he would be an asset on the field. and rightly applauded.

He definitely hasn't ruled out a return to the Vale. He thought the same about Smurthwaite, completely out of his depth, as we did hence the transfer request. It was nothing to do with the fans or the club just the chairman and the manager, who also didn't have a clue. I would have 100% wanted to leave my job if I was employed by them.

4 minutes ago, Inny said:

He definitely hasn't ruled out a return to the Vale. He thought the same about Smurthwaite, completely out of his depth, as we did hence the transfer request. It was nothing to do with the fans or the club just the chairman and the manager, who also didn't have a clue. I would have 100% wanted to leave my job if I was employed by them.

I was told, quite recently, that Grant had been promised a bonus, don’t know what for, and you know who refused to pay it.hence the transfer request.cant say I blame him if that’s the case.

Where are we going to get a player of Grants abilility to play for us unless they are soiled goods.

I am sure Shrewsbury want him off the books and may be willing to subsidise his wage.

At least we know what we are getting and Askey signed him for Shrewsbury.

We did a similar deal for Pope and Dodds so why not try.

Archived