onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and Out

Iron Curtain

17 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Ok... name a first team player you would have signed on Ryan Lloyd’s wages.

Or as suggested millions of times.....

dont sign 7/8 squad players who will never start and sign 2/3 decent first team players who will improve the team. Players like turner could have stayed on a small wage for the squad, youth players could be involved again in the squad and then loan players. There was absalutley no need to go out and sign squad player after squad player!! It’s what we have done for years now and it doesn’t work, quantity over quality yet again. Sign your 4/5 decent players who can play for the first team and then fill the squad out with what’s left. We’ve signed so many players who won’t get any minutes. I mean look at burgess, one of askeys first signings, says he’s a great signing.... can’t get near the team. So far we’ve had 4 of them actually play and only amoo from the start regularly. From a side that finished so low down the last two season it should be bloody imperative that you improve that starting 11. 

Is the starting 11 any better than last season? I would personally say no. Hannant was good enough although amoo better. But Clark was better than what we have. 

Is the squad better? We’ve signed a load of players who won’t play as they aren’t good enough, same as last season. So probably not. 

You love to keep ringing this same bell about wages and Ryan Lloyd and have done for bloody months. It’s simple. Sign less permanently, actually sign some quality and fill the squad out later. 

Advert

15 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Name a player you would have signed on lloyds wages.

You are clever enough (I hope) to understand a budget.

Bennett is better than Quigley... we wouldn’t have got him unless we balance the budget by signing cheaper players like Lloyd.

what about that don’t you agree with?

You sound more and more like Ernie every time you post. 

Do you know his wages?? Because you seem to know so much about Lloyd!! 

I’ll ignore that patronising line. 

Until yesterday Bennett has looked pretty damn awful so I’ll reserve judgement yet. Don’t forget he missed a sitter yesterday as well. Quiqley was awful so no point comparing. 

Of course you balance it out. What you don’t seem to understand (but maintain that you are right and have done for months putting down others opinions) is that you don’t have to sign a squad full of players on ‘Lloyd’s wage’. There are other options out such as the youth, loans and keeping players on smaller wages such as turner or angus or calverly. 

We need to give Arthur more time, players do not come into the club and perform immediately, they have to settle in, there are good players there in Cullen, Bennett, Lloyd etc just give them time. Am fed up of reading the Numpty Taxmans thoughts from Leek, and now he is joined by other whiners. We have had loads of money trousered out of the club, now we need to give the Shanahans, and Arthur support and time to get it right.

12 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

We need to give Arthur more time, players do not come into the club and perform immediately, they have to settle in, there are good players there in Cullen, Bennett, Lloyd etc just give them time. Am fed up of reading the Numpty Taxmans thoughts from Leek, and now he is joined by other whiners. We have had loads of money trousered out of the club, now we need to give the Shanahans, and Arthur support and time to get it right.

Block 50% of the forum then pal. This is a football forum it has different opinions. Don’t like it use the ignore button or stop ‘whining’ and realise this is a forum that dosent just have your opinion!

Bloke 50% of the forum then pal. This is a football forum it has different opinions. Don’t like it use the ignore button or stop ‘whining’ and realise this is a forum that dosent just have your opinion!

It may be a forum but all you’ve done about the last 3 or 4 managers is moan without giving them a chance!

Just now, Jacob_123 said:

It may be a forum but all you’ve done about the last 3 or 4 managers is moan without giving them a chance!

Backed askey massively. Look back to when he was being announced I was one of the only ones who backed him!!! 

Not sure there is much positive to say about aspin or Michael brown? Suppose I should be over the moon seeing the club get relegated from league 1 and then languishing at the bottom of league 2 for two seasons? Again. If you actually went back to read posts you will see i have them all a chance as I have with askey and am more than askey as vale manager. 

Backed askey massively. Look back to when he was being announced I was one of the only ones who backed him!!! 
Not sure there is much positive to say about aspin or Michael brown? Suppose I should be over the moon seeing the club get relegated from league 1 and then languishing at the bottom of league 2 for two seasons? Again. If you actually went back to read posts you will see i have them all a chance as I have with askey and am more than askey as vale manager. 

You backed Askey for about a week

3 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

You backed Askey for about a week emoji23.png

??? 

Ive backed askey since he took over and still back him now! Just because I’m not impressed with the signings dosent mean I don’t rate the manager. Askey is our strongest manager for a while and actually seems to understand tactics. But you’ve clearly read some posts where I’ve said I’m not happy with signings and made up that I want askey out / don’t back him. 

Don't forget that we are still saddled with Tricket-Smith, another of Normans speculative punts. Two year contract plus a fee and he is nowhere near the first team and I don't think he will play for us before his contract runs out. Plus Whitfield is probably on more moneyt than he deserves.

I think we’ve got a better starting 11 than last years and more importantly we’ve got a plan for playing whichever aspin didn’t really have. Personally I don’t feel we’re missing a Clark or a Hannant at the moment though, but the test of those and other positions will be when we get injuries and suspensions. Because do we have the strength and depth to replace say Legge, Smith, Gibbons, Manny, Worrall or Pope? Also the quantity over quality argument. We don’t have a big squad at all in comparison to previous seasons and are we even in a position to offer bigger money to fill positions to give us more strength, because those extra 5 or 6 potential starters in addition to our current starting 11 cost a lot of money, for example I heard from a reliable source that Clark didn’t want to come as potential competition for Gibbons such is his standing and the hopes they have for him within the club and Clark and his agent supposedly wanted the assurances he had last year that he would play. But I tend to agree if we get a lot of injuries or suspensions then I’m not sure we have the cover thats equally as good as those that could potentially be missing from our current starting 11.

I think we’ve got a better starting 11 than last years and more importantly we’ve got a plan for playing whichever aspin didn’t really have. Personally I don’t feel we’re missing a Clark or a Hannant at the moment though, but test of those and other positions will be when we get injuries and suspensions. Because do we have the strength and depth to replace say Legge, Smith, Gibbons, Manny, Worrall or Pope? Also the quantity over quality argument. We don’t have a big squad at all in comparison to previous seasons and are we even in a position to offer bigger money to fill positions to give us more strength, because those extra 5 or 6 potential starters in addition to our current starting 11 cost a lot of money, for example I heard from a reliable source that Clark didn’t want to come as competition for Gibbons such is his standing and the hopes they have for him within the club. But I tend to agree if we get a lot of injuries or suspensions then I’m not sure we have the cover thats equally as good as those that could potentially be missing from our current starting 11.

Apart from Amoo it’s the same players as last year so if we are stronger then it’s Amoo making the starting 11 stronger

Just now, vale victory said:

Apart from Amoo it’s the same players as last year so if we are stronger then it’s Amoo making the starting 11 stronger

No not at all. I think off the top of my head players like Worrall, Gibbons, Legge and Joyce are playing better and also we have a better way of playing too. Which this time last year we didn’t have. 

16 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

It’s extremely similar. Filled with back up players who won’t play. Other than amoo no new players start. Cullen and Bennett have been used a bit of the bench. It’s very similar and like last season it’s hard to actually comment on half of these squad players because they never get on the pitch 

The players we have this season have been signed by the manager. A number of those we had last season were not signed by either of the managers hence why they never got on the pitch. 

42 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Block 50% of the forum then pal. This is a football forum it has different opinions. Don’t like it use the ignore button or stop ‘whining’ and realise this is a forum that dosent just have your opinion!

What is the point of participating in a forum if half of it is blocked..   I live in hope that whiners like you get a reality check.

Archived