onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and Out

Iron Curtain

I agree to a degree that we should have signed a more natural left back, but Crookes hasn’t done badly. Gibbons has had 2 good games, arguably man of the match today IMO. So off the back of today’s game you’d bin them both off? I must have watched a different game.

Advert

18 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

The main area to strengthen is a box to box midfielder now Manny injured again.

No one on the bench capable of coming on to improve the midfield.

I agree.

The only "positive" if Oyeleke is going to be out for a while is that the transfer window is still open, so we're able to bring someone in to fill his place in central midfield - as the current options of Burgess or Ryan Lloyd seem poor alternatives.

Suppose one option is to drop Worrall back into Manny's place in the middle and bring Montano into the team.

Askey may have to re-think his transfer targets, as an Oyeleke-less midfield makes us so much weaker IMO.

4 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I agree.

The only "positive" if Oyeleke is going to be out for a while is that the transfer window is still open, so we're able to bring someone in to fill his place in central midfield - as the current options of Burgess or Ryan Lloyd seem poor alternatives.

Suppose one option is to drop Worrall back into Manny's place in the middle and bring Montano into the team.

Askey may have to re-think his transfer targets, as an Oyeleke-less midfield makes us so much weaker IMO.

Still think a 6 2 or 6 3 centrehalf is a higher priority, if Legge is injured we look vertically challenged at the back. Playing Cullen behind Pope looked a possibility after Manny went off we looked ok. As you say Worrall can drop back and Montano or the lad from Yeovil can come in. This injury didn't look anywhere near as serious as last year, he walked off pretty easily. 

1 minute ago, JRC said:

Still think a 6 2 or 6 3 centrehalf is a higher priority, if Legge is injured we look vertically challenged at the back. Playing Cullen behind Pope looked a possibility after Manny went off we looked ok. As you say Worrall can drop back and Montano or the lad from Yeovil can come in. This injury didn't look anywhere near as serious as last year, he walked off pretty easily. 

Yes I agree that we do need another centre-back.

However, Askey stated that if Oyeleke's hamstring has gone he will be out for a while, which IMO would massively weaken the midfield/team, and I don't feel we have the options to adequately cover for his absence (with the possible exception of re-jigging to put Worrall there if Browne or Montano come in to take his place).

9 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Yes I agree that we do need another centre-back.

However, Askey stated that if Oyeleke's hamstring has gone he will be out for a while, which IMO would massively weaken the midfield/team, and I don't feel we have the options to adequately cover for his absence (with the possible exception of re-jigging to put Worrall there if Browne or Montano come in to take his place).

Ideally I'd love a Manny 2 but I don't see us having the funds or the players being available for us to sign to replicate that. Given the money available I'd rather have a big centrehalf.

1 hour ago, aspin for england said:

Just off this topic a bit, Sam Hornby was on the bench for Bradford at the weekend, thought he went to be their No1 keeper.

He went to compete for the number one spot as he was only ever going to get a run in the team if Brown got injured. If Bradford's keeper loses form, and he may well do, then Hornby is in the team

7 minutes ago, Wrex said:

He went to compete for the number one spot as he was only ever going to get a run in the team if Brown got injured. If Bradford's keeper loses form, and he may well do, then Hornby is in the team

A tad cynical but I suspect number 2 at Bradford is more money than at Vale. 

14 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I agree.

Just a thought, mannys not much of a ball winner maybe is half hearted attempt to win the ball is the reason for is injurys, he  never got into game Saturday, we need a ball winning mid - fielder, just an opinion 

6 minutes ago, bycarspete said:

Just a thought, mannys not much of a ball winner maybe is half hearted attempt to win the ball is the reason for is injurys, he  never got into game Saturday, we need a ball winning mid - fielder, just an opinion 

Anthony Grant out of favour at Shrewsbury

Archived