onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and Out

Iron Curtain

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

I've said it before but I'm a bit surprised too that we haven't said we need another midfielder as opposed to a forward. I'm still finding it quite hard to see who will replace Oyeleke when he's out and I'd like a bigger physical presence in there at times. 

But CR leaving must mean that we'll bring in at least one more player. Whitfield? What's his current situation?

I think its left to Ben,he can either move but despite some thinking he is fantastic he doesn't appear to have any interest from clubs..... or sit on his last year of his contract and take his money

Advert

12 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Can we really afford take the gamble...

I didn't say  take a gamble on him! My exact words were "could be worth a look?" - get him in on trial to assess him properly...make any decision based on proper procedure rather than the impact of a single friendly game? Do it properly, instead of Smurtherly!

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

None but i'm sure you got what i meant.

It would be an awful signing based on a friendly, his track record and the fact friendlies are deceiving. I could probably have stood out that game.

No - I didn't! Not when you say one thing while meaning something else! As I've just pointed out, I wasn't suggesting signing him...just having a proper look at him as we should all players. He's a good age and a free agent - why not look at him?.

7 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I didn't say  take a gamble on him! My exact words were "could be worth a look?" - get him in on trial to assess him properly...make any decision based on proper procedure rather than the impact of a single friendly game? Do it properly, instead of Smurtherly!

Just relax a bit, I’m not putting words in to your mouth at all. Hear me out....

There’s a player there thats got to lose (what looks like) a lot of weight and get fit. Why take the gamble (and time) on that happening when there must be players out there ahead of him in that regard and ready to go and hit the ground running? With such a small squad we can’t afford to have players playing catch up with fitness.

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

No - I didn't! Not when you say one thing while meaning something else! As I've just pointed out, I wasn't suggesting signing him...just having a proper look at him as we should all players. He's a good age and a free agent - why not look at him?.

My words were ' be a throwback to a Bruno signing ' . By that I meant a random signing with experience in bizarre European leagues as good as The Ansells League. 

I realise Bruno didn't sign anyone based on a performance against us but my opinion and only my opinion is that a friendly against a Mish mash Bury assortment is not a good gauge however well he played. I don't attend friendlies but from what I have read Vale were quite disinterested for long parts 

Really didn't want to have to spend forever debating a suggestion - my name's not ernie! But I have to say - at this stage of the transfer window, the likelihood is that the fittest players may have already got fixed up with clubs, leaving the non-match-fit, perhaps overweight players who, maybe haven't played for half a season, or more, and have let themselves go a bit? CH is a position we could do with backup after CR moved on, fairly suddenly. Others have suggestd we need a DM/holding midfielder in the mould of Griff / Grant, etc - do you know many of those still not signed up? Great if you do...but there is NO gamble having a player in to assess his fitness and mental attitude..  

I suppose at this time of the season if you haven't got a club then you might not even be getting one. In that instance a player such as Danzell Gravenbirch might come and train with us with for no wages, just getting fit  and no commitment from us. If after a few weeks he looks worth a punt we sign him. Its a bit speculate to accumulate by the player but if no other options then nothing to lose but everything to gain.

5 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

I suppose at this time of the season if you haven't got a club then you might not even be getting one. In that instance a player such as Danzell Gravenbirch might come and train with us with for no wages, just getting fit  and no commitment from us. If after a few weeks he looks worth a punt we sign him. Its a bit speculate to accumulate by the player but if no other options then nothing to lose but everything to gain.

5 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Always trust the man in the Pub to get the picture!!!

Archived