onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and Out

Iron Curtain

Advert

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Apparently Gravenberch has appealed for a club on LinkedIn this Summer. He has no agent and looks like he is still a free agent.

I'd have reservations despite his performance against us.

Be almost a throwback to a Bruno signing.

European journeyman with just 2 appearances for Reading.

Tread carefully

Tread carefully

European signings aren’t too much the issue, it’s when you overload it with them! Had we signed one or two of the European lads under Bruno rather than 7 or 8 it would of probably worked out alright.

48 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

'Just 2 appearances for Reading' would have been a journeyman compared to the dross Smurthwaite bought off that pop salesman.

7 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

He looked a long way off being fit to me, could have done with losing a bit of timber. 

Yet he has been described as MOTM and "Excellent"? Might be some player if he can get fit? Hasn't played a lot of pro games for a 25 yr old. Could be worth a look, at least? 

5 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Yet he has been described as MOTM and "Excellent"? Might be some player if he can get fit? Hasn't played a lot of pro games for a 25 yr old. Could be worth a look, at least? 

Can we really afford take the gamble and hope he can make it at our level, whilst in the meantime be waiting for him to play catch up in terms of fitness and his weight though?

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

As a matter of interest, which of Bruno's signings was as a result of how he played against us?

None but i'm sure you got what i meant.

It would be an awful signing based on a friendly, his track record and the fact friendlies are deceiving. I could probably have stood out that game.

He might not be the right match, but I would like to see some strength added to the midfield - a Griff mould, who could cover Joyce and centre half, and offer something different in there if needed.

On paper he might fit that bill but, as others have said, despite playing well he did look a little overweight.

I've said it before but I'm a bit surprised too that we haven't said we need another midfielder as opposed to a forward. I'm still finding it quite hard to see who will replace Oyeleke when he's out and I'd like a bigger physical presence in there at times. 

But CR leaving must mean that we'll bring in at least one more player. Whitfield? What's his current situation?

Archived