onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, valiant steve said:

We await the starting 11 eagerly because, injuries apart, this is clearly who JA regards as his strongest 11. I suspect Kennedy will start at CB with either Leggy or Smudge as he's clearly seeking a bit more quality (passing wise) from the back. Or maybe he'll wait till the home game next Saturday to throw him into the mix? 

I would be amazed if Amoo doesn't start. 

Is Pope still club captain? For me, he's still the best footballer at the club but he's knocking on age wise. 

UTV. SVA. 

I'd be happy with a point, maybe 1 1. 

I read a worrying stat the other day that we haven’t won a league game with Popey starting since November last year!

As much as I love him, maybe Cullen signing is the right time for Tom to be more of an impact player this season? 

8 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I can't see any improvements in the squad. Maybe I missed what happened with Whitfield, I always thought he was exciting and can pull a goal from nowhere. Lack of goals in the squad worries me, I fear a drubbing tomorrow and a lower finish than last year. I just don't rate Askey or his signings. I fully support him and the team though and hope I am wrong. Goo arn boys and good luck!!

Rest assured Amoo will prove to be a huge step up from Whitfield and, if he can stay fit, will play more games, score more and provide more assists than Whitfield too.

For me we’re still a bit short on goals up front but I’d expect the defenders to chip in with a few more this season, I’d also expect a few more from midfield, so overall we should score more.

Askey appears to have a game plan which is far more positive than Aspo (not difficult) so I see us being more entertaining, scoring more but letting a few more in to boot.

To repeat what I’ve said elsewhere, we need a bit of luck, with injuries and suspensions but also one or more of the offensive players needs to hit a rich vein of form.  If this happens we can look above mid-table.

10 hours ago, Vale89 said:

I read a worrying stat the other day that we haven’t won a league game with Popey starting since November last year!

As much as I love him, maybe Cullen signing is the right time for Tom to be more of an impact player this season? 

Pope did not start the five games we won after November but did come off the bench to score the winner in two of those games

20 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I can't see any improvements in the squad. Maybe I missed what happened with Whitfield, I always thought he was exciting and can pull a goal from nowhere. Lack of goals in the squad worries me, I fear a drubbing tomorrow and a lower finish than last year. I just don't rate Askey or his signings. I fully support him and the team though and hope I am wrong. Goo arn boys and good luck!!

I’m not sure “fully supporting” involves using the phrase “I don’t rate him or his signings”

There is a difference between “hoping he succeeds” and actually supporting the bloke.

Come on Vale.  Been looking forward to the new season starting and hope it will be a good one for everyone connected at the Vale after the last few years of dross.

A win would be good to start the season off and give some of the doom merchants a rest on here, saying the manger knows nothing and the new owners are out of their depth - no names mentioned 😁

Archived