Fosse69

Match Thread: Colchester U v Port Vale

4 hours ago, Smugsy said:

Away from the game, what was the point in paying two quid extra for a so called better seat when it was free for all sit anywhere when you got in there? Robbing gits

The more expensive seats were above and behind us.

35 minutes ago, Santa said:

Have the YouTube highlights stopped this season?

Vale channel often release later than other highlights, sometimes 3-4 days after the game. Best getting Sky Sports Score Centre app on your phone, highlights for all games available from as soon as an hour after the game.

I thought there were plenty of positives on saturday. Looks like we have a plan. Pressing higher up the pitch got its rewards very early on, as it led to the pen.

They are a good side so often played their way through it and as the game went on gained more control.

You'd always take a point away. Let's hope we can improve the home form from last year.

• Like 1

As well as Eastman getting man of the match, Colchester’s other centre half, Luke Prosser, was named in the EFL team of the week.

further proof we must have been doing something right from an attacking point of view! 

Manny also made the team!!

It was a good performance and a good result. But if you really want negatives. Amoo was pretty poor. Conlon was in headless chicken mode. After 20 minutes we looked collectively knackered.  Brown dithered a few times. The subs who came on looked really poor and off the pace.

26 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It was a good performance and a good result. But if you really want negatives. Amoo was pretty poor. Conlon was in headless chicken mode. After 20 minutes we looked collectively knackered.  Brown dithered a few times. The subs who came on looked really poor and off the pace.

Must admit it was a bit worrying that after 20 or so minutes that we ran out of steam in that first half. I think they put an extra body in the middle to overload us, it’s a pity we didn’t recognise that earlier and react to it.

I wasn’t convinced by Bennet in pre season and was even less so on Saturday, I certainly don’t think that left of the 3 is his position. Monty gets some leeway from me as he only came back to training last Monday and I think Cullen will come good. Having watched the highlights on ifollow though I do think Cullen should have done better with that through ball second half. His touch was a bit off and it was arguably the only time in the entire game we split them with one ball through their defence. 

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Must admit it was a bit worrying that after 20 or so minutes that we ran out of steam in that first half. I think they put an extra body in the middle to overload us, it’s a pity we didn’t recognise that earlier and react to it.

I wasn’t convinced by Bennet in pre season and was even less so on Saturday, I certainly don’t think that left of the 3 is his position. Monty gets some leeway from me as he only came back to training last Monday and I think Cullen will come good. Having watched the highlights on ifollow though I do think Cullen should have done better with that through ball second half. His touch was a bit off and it was arguably the only time in the entire game we split them with one ball through their defence. 

I wasn't counting Monty, not on long enough. Should have made that clear. But yeah, Cullen when he got that ball from Gibbo just froze. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

I wasn't counting Monty, not on long enough. Should have made that clear. But yeah, Cullen when he got that ball from Gibbo just froze. 

One thing about that. How many times in recent seasons have we seen a forward playing on the shoulder of the centre half and then him being picked out with a pass? Not many times I’d say. So whilst he made a mess of it, it was refreshing to see us carve out a potential opening like that for a change. It was a great ball through to him and I think that’s the kind of player we will get with Cullen, someone different to the options Pop gives us. 

18 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

One thing about that. How many times in recent seasons have we seen a forward playing on the shoulder of the centre half and then him being picked out with a pass? Not many times I’d say. So whilst he made a mess of it, it was refreshing to see us carve out a potential opening like that for a change. It was a great ball through to him and I think that’s the kind of player we will get with Cullen, someone different to the options Pop gives us. 

To be fair to Cullen, it was one hell of a ball and he probably never expected it to drop right at his feet.

On 05/08/2019 at 16:28, Santa said:

Have the YouTube highlights stopped this season?

I asked Max, and there has been technical problems at the company that puts the highlights online.

But they should be back next week.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Leeds were in the Prem for some of those season. So we hold the record for consecutive  unbeaten starts in the EFL maybe.

Edited by toyahw

On 06/08/2019 at 10:27, Iron Curtain said:

As well as Eastman getting man of the match, Colchester’s other centre half, Luke Prosser, was named in the EFL team of the week.

further proof we must have been doing something right from an attacking point of view! 

Manny also made the team!!

Prosser has been a  nuisance ever since he left us. Didn't he score against us for Southend or someone just after he left?

2 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Prosser has been a  nuisance ever since he left us. Didn't he score against us for Southend or someone just after he left?

He was a nuisance when he was with us too 😉

4 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Yes, I remember that distinctly. In blue for Southend, scored in Injury time at the Hamil Road end, I think it was a scrambled header. Bástard.