onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester U v Port Vale

Fosse69

45 minutes ago, toyahw said:

RS was a bit misleading second half. We were okay, not great, but they made it sound like they were all over us. They were not. They were for the last 25 mins of the first half.

Radio Stokes Vale coverage has a default position of being negative.

The Crewe coverage is equally embarrassing in the opposite direction, how Crewe haven’t won the champions league yet baffles me after listening to Peter Morse.

Advert

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

You reap what you sew.

With all due respect you can have an opinion. This is a forum. Just because other fans haven’t been as positive as you and some others dosent mean they should be treated differently. I forgot this is ovf and you can’t have a view unless everything is 100% positive 100% of the time. I don’t agree with the comment the poster game regarding this match, but there is certainly reason to not feel over the moon with signings in the summer 

What I was surprised is how well we defended on the left with Crookes and Amoo I expected them to really target us there but was more of an issue at the right side with Gibbons and Worrall.

Crookes main issue is he often doesn’t look what he’s doing in possession and it comes back, if he sorts that side of his game, and he is young enough to do that he could be a decent player.

First 25 minutes we were outstanding, should of scored a minute or so after going 1-0 up, Gibbo shot when he could of slipped in Amoo in a great position and the passing and movement was excellent, at one point we played about 20-30 passes and won a corner from the chance we patiently created.

As we get fitter with games hopefully we can produce that level for longer periods of games and we would cause teams a lot of issues.

A draw and extending the run to 16 years unbeaten on the league opener was pleasing, the away form was decent enough last year so keeping that going would be a bonus, if we can sort our home issues out starting next week that’s going to be the key to our hopes this season.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

From the sound of radio Stoke it sounded like every away game from last year. Great thirty to forty mins, foot off, terrible other half with no threat from open play.

Happy be proven wrong and I'm slightly offended to be put in the Ernie bracket. I haven't agreed with a lot of Askeys recruitment over the summer granted, but only one of them started today so it's clear we are going with last year's team

Welcome to the club.

IC lives in la la land and thinks Askey is taking us to the Premier League.

Usual tactics playing Pope up front on his own to be battered by their big centre backs.

Thank God Manny got us that penalty or we would have lost.

Just hope he has the balls to play two up front at home next Saturday and IC has a  Happy Meal At McDonalds before the game.

Welcome to the club.
Usual tactics playing Pope up front on his own to be battered by their big centre backs.
Just hope he has the balls to play two up front at home next Saturday and IC has a  Happy Meal At McDonalds before the game.

Such a negative logic that is... by your logic thank god for Plymouth they scored three and Crewe scored none or they would’ve drawn

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

The Colchester manager has said in his post match comments that this a better and more athletic Vale team than the one they’d beaten twice last year. 

Could tell watching it how much fitter we looked, especially pope. To play this style we need to be so good to see how fit they are. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Could tell watching it how much fitter we looked, especially pope. To play this style we need to be so good to see how fit they are. 

How many games to get match fit? End of Sept to properly gel and kick on?

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I saw it a little different in regards to individual performances. Granted I watched on ifollow not live. Thought amoo struggled after the first 20 mins a bit anonymous. Where as I though legge was solid (other than his passing) and Worrall was excellent.

Worrall was ok, but nowhere near as good as he finished the end of last season. Struggled to beat his man, but I do think that is more to do with the opponents today than him. 

Legge’s passing was poor, you’re right to highlight that and at least 4 times he lost possession unnecessarily. Although yes, solid in the sense that he kept his positioning well and fought for the ball. 

I liked Amoo, the reason being that yes, he did fade as the match wore on, but he didn’t lose the ball, kept tracking and was clever enough to hold it up when needed. 

Conlon worked hard and was as solid as ever. 

I do worry that Cullen won’t be effective as a lone striker simply as a direct replacement for Pope when the pontiff is knackered. However he is more intelligent than Ricky Millar in the way he created opportunities and passed the ball to go on and find space for himself. Simply put, it was already clear from that cameo he will be a step up in quality. 

31 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

IC lives in la la land and thinks Askey is taking us to the Premier League

More made up stuff.. like Kennedy being turned by the leek forward for their goal in the friendly... remind me Ern, had he in fact been subbed off 10 mins before?

And remind me, when someone pointed that out, did you back down? Or double down saying they were wrong?

Stop making stuff up, stop being controversial for the sake of it... and your posts MIGHT be met with something other than scorn or ridicule.

36 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Welcome to the club.

I can think of many games over the years where,if we hadn’t scored we would have lost.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

With all due respect you can have an opinion. This is a forum. Just because other fans haven’t been as positive as you and some others dosent mean they should be treated differently. I forgot this is ovf and you can’t have a view unless everything is 100% positive 100% of the time. I don’t agree with the comment the poster game regarding this match, but there is certainly reason to not feel over the moon with signings in the summer 

Do you think Walka003’s comment that is was the same old ****** was reasonable today?

I didn’t... and as you yourself defend, it’s my right to call him out on it.

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

Legge’s passing was poor,

But he did go on a mazy run and put a decent cross in. I was rubbing my eyes and wondering if someone had put something in my coffee. Had a decent one for me. Nice to see him putting his arm around Gibbo and having a chat. He's not a ball playing CB more a row Z man.

Archived