onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

You are an embarrassment.

For the last month or so, whenever I saw yours was the last post I immediately though “here we go, this will be some negative cr*p”

This is literally one of the most embarrassing and pathetic messages I have ever seen on this site. And when you have Ernie and REP to compete with for that honour you know you have gone the extra mile.

Jesus wept! 

Dear dear keep your knickers on.

I didn't go so i may be well off. But it sounded like we didn't play well at all second half and created very little from open play. Was that not the issue from last year? Only being able to do it for a half and not clinical?

Went today and it was notable that our passing and movement is massively improved from last season. Colchester are one of the finest teams in the division and we gave them a game. Last season each fixture home and away was over after 30 mins. We were miles away. 

We were less effective in the 2nd half but we stayed with a dangerous, attacking Colchester team who were no weaker than last season. 

Amoo and Crookes looked great. Worrall and Legge were unconvincing. Pope looked sharp...Cullen looks promising.

Overall the clues are there...this will be a much better season. 

Went today and it was notable that our passing and movement is massively improved from last season. Colchester are one of the finest teams in the division and we gave them a game. Last season each fixture home and away was over after 30 mins. We were miles away. 
We were less effective in the 2nd half but we stayed with a dangerous, attacking Colchester team who were no weaker than last season. 
Amoo and Crookes looked great. Worrall and Legge were unconvincing. Pope looked sharp...Cullen looks promising.

I stand corrected, always good to hear from a first hand source

Just now, Walka003 said:
6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I stand corrected, always good to hear from a first hand source

We were worse in the 2nd half that’s true. However we were resilient and looked to break on the counter. 

In other words, we didn’t look like we were holding on and at times we created a lot more in Midfield than we often did last year. 

28 minutes ago, Badgerspaws said:

Just a request to the Praise and Grumble people. Will they put Carl on at 5:50pm every week then I can turn him off without missing too much of the programme.

Lol. The only Vale fan given air time and he hadn't even been to the game!

21 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Dear dear keep your knickers on.

I didn't go so i may be well off. But it sounded like we didn't play well at all second half and created very little from open play. Was that not the issue from last year? Only being able to do it for a half and not clinical?

You didn’t go or watch the game?!

Makes your previous comment even more baffling!

Apologies if I went off on one but it was a really strange comment that seemed to have a purpose.

On a serious note, what was your thinking after a point against one of the best sides in the league that made you write that?

You didn’t go or watch the game?!

Makes your previous comment even more baffling!

Apologies if I went off on one but it was a really strange comment that seemed to have a purpose.

On a serious note, what was your thinking after a point against one of the best sides in the league that made you write that?

From the sound of radio Stoke it sounded like every away game from last year. Great thirty to forty mins, foot off, terrible other half with no threat from open play.

Happy be proven wrong and I'm slightly offended to be put in the Ernie bracket. I haven't agreed with a lot of Askeys recruitment over the summer granted, but only one of them started today so it's clear we are going with last year's team

7 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

From the sound of radio Stoke it sounded like every away game from last year. Great thirty to forty mins, foot off, terrible other half with no threat from open play.

Happy be proven wrong and I'm slightly offended to be put in the Ernie bracket. I haven't agreed with a lot of Askeys recruitment over the summer granted, but only one of them started today so it's clear we are going with last year's team

RS was a bit misleading second half. We were okay, not great, but they made it sound like they were all over us. They were not. They were for the last 25 mins of the first half.

Good solid away performance by the sounds of it to get the season started. Looking forward to the game next week at home.

Colchester bit of a trek for me today so a visit to the Brit and watched Hugill score...absolutely brilliant.

35 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I saw it a little different in regards to individual performances. Granted I watched on ifollow not live. Thought amoo struggled after the first 20 mins a bit anonymous. Where as I though legge was solid (other than his passing) and Worrall was excellent.

Archived