onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Good point that. 1st 20 we were excellent. Dominated possession with manny key to everything (as usual). 

We faded after that and were terrorised down the right by nouble. 

Tactically very good however I find it unusual that bennet is being used out there. Not good with the ball at his feet and massive. Cullen a completely different player to pope but we played the same style. 

Brown -8- two excellent saves as usual very solid. 

Gibbons -5-thought he really struggled first half way to far away from his man and constantly fouling, better in the second and better going forward but I hope he improves defensively. 

Legge -7- solid. Poor distribution though. 

Smith -7- solid as ever. 

Crookes -6- looked ok and kept them reasonably quiet. 

Amoo -6- thought he was good when we were dominating and then anonymous for the rest of the game. 

Joyce -6- did his job ok but still think we could have someone much more influential in there. 

Manny -8- stands out for me. Better than league 2 has a lot of quality and the run to win the penalty was great, nearly won it at the end. 

Conlon -7- very tidy on the ball but tired quite early on. Looked decent last 10\15 mins though. 

Worrall -8- never stops running and is a very good league 2 player. No idea why aspin didn’t pick him. 

Pope -7- did well against there centre backs. Looks fitter than he has done before, brilliant penalty. 

Subs

cullen -6- tough for him to get in the game given we have him not service what so ever. He’s a decent player though. 

Bennet -5-No idea why he played left wing. Couldnt be any further away from a winger. Looks slow, clumbsly and not very good with the ball. 

Montanto n/a

overall a brillaint point better than I expected!!

Very happy with that result against one of the better teams in the league.

plated excellently for 30 mins then the balance of power fell back in line with what I expected.

I see Ray Williams is as miserable as ever... he will claim he is just calling it as he sees it... but for the first words out of his mouth after Pope scores to be “he missed two last season” shows his mind is always looking for the downside!

Cheer up Ray for gods sake... the local press can help or hinder the new era. Try picking out the positives for once and see how it feels!!

I haven't seen or heard anything about the game but for me that's a marvellous away point.

They twice battered us last season. I'll take a point there all day long.

I'm happy tonight. A point away from home is always a good result. 

And it's always nice to get your first point on the board.

35 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

A new era, same old <ovf censored> on the pitch.

You are an embarrassment.

For the last month or so, whenever I saw yours was the last post I immediately though “here we go, this will be some negative cr*p”

This is literally one of the most embarrassing and pathetic messages I have ever seen on this site. And when you have Ernie and REP to compete with for that honour you know you have gone the extra mile.

Jesus wept! 

Archived