onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester U v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

opening game as they always seem to start the season on the front foot whereas we are generally slow starters

?

The last two seasons under Aspin were utter gash but we generally start well and then lose the plot after Christmas. We haven't lost on the opening day for 15 years. 

First 10 games for example in the last ten years - 

16-17 P10 L3

15-16 P10 L3

14-15 P10 L5 (Adams sacked)

13-14 P10 L4

12-13 P10 L2

11-12 P10 L3

10-11 P10 L2

09-10 P10 L3

Advert

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

?

The last two seasons under Aspin were utter gash but we generally start well and then lose the plot after Christmas. We haven't lost on the opening day for 15 years. 

First 10 games for example in the last ten years - 

16-17 P10 L3

15-16 P10 L3

14-15 P10 L5 (Adams sacked)

13-14 P10 L4

12-13 P10 L2

11-12 P10 L3

10-11 P10 L2

09-10 P10 L3

Cracking stat!

Would kill for that this year... unfortunately I think our early fixtures are especially though!

It's a really tough start for us and Colchester have signed some decent players. We can hope that they aren't fully on it first game of the season, but I expect we might get beat here. This won't define our season though.

Like others, I worry that our first team is not that much different from last year. My hope is that all the background stuff, from physios through to food is much better prepared and should hopefully give the players that confidence to perform at their best.

You only need a couple of decent players in this league to do well. Let's hope Cullen and Amoo are those players.

This is a must win game :rollonthefloor: just kidding.

It would be nice but I'm far more interested in what progress has been made, cohesion, team spirit, tzctics etc etc...... far more important to me at this stage.

If someone applied the thumbscrews I would go for a 2-0 vale win..... just because I want it.

This is a very tough opener and all I can hope is that Vale fans don't go into meltdown if we come away defeated and still come out in numbers to welcome in a new era at Vale Park the following week when we entertain another good side in Northampton.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we lose all three of our opening matches, or at least we may have to wait a while for our first win. I hope (in that worst case scenario) that we all stick together and don;t write off the whole thing on the back of a few tricky fixtures. 

Anyway, Col U 0 - 2 Port Vale (Amoo, Cullen)

8 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

This is a very tough opener and all I can hope is that Vale fans don't go into meltdown if we come away defeated and still come out in numbers to welcome in a new era at Vale Park the following week when we entertain another good side in Northampton.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we lose all three of our opening matches, or at least we may have to wait a while for our first win. I hope (in that worst case scenario) that we all stick together and don;t write off the whole thing on the back of a few tricky fixtures. 

Anyway, Col U 0 - 2 Port Vale (Amoo, Cullen)

A very sensible post... I fear it will be for nothing if things don’t go our way on sat. They don’t half love a moan on here!!

14 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

It's a really tough start for us and Colchester have signed some decent players. We can hope that they aren't fully on it first game of the season, but I expect we might get beat here. This won't define our season though.

Like others, I worry that our first team is not that much different from last year. My hope is that all the background stuff, from physios through to food is much better prepared and should hopefully give the players that confidence to perform at their best.

You only need a couple of decent players in this league to do well. Let's hope Cullen and Amoo are those players.

My thoughts as well, a better happier working environment, will Help boost confidence and hoppfully help express themselves individually and as a team on the pitch, we should have a better picture of how our season will pan out after our first 10 games

It’s all about preparation and playing a system that allows your better players shine .

Colchester get smaller gates than us yet have a pretty good side well did have last season but it ain’t about them it’s about  Vale putting  a team out of total 110per centres out and them doing there jobs well .

Defenders putting there bodies on the line so Brown has nothing do .

Pace  movement and using the ball well when in possession and working twice as hard when Colchester have the ball to win it back.

Winning your individual battles etc .

Team well we all have thoughts on certain players ,I am no different .

My team based on who we playing and the height in which we will face is this 

Brown Gibbons Legge Crookes Lloyd Amoo Joyce Conlon Oyeleke Cullen Worrall 

Its a 4 -1 -3-1-1 System with Oyeleke in the hole and Cullen the man to run in behind Colchester’s big units .

Ive partnered Legge with Crookes (v Crawley away is best performance was centre of defence is a three ) so will try him in a two with Ryan Lloyd left back with Amoo joining in on that side of the field and Gibbons and Worrall doing the same to the right .

Joyce to sit in front of defence and Conlon to put his usual terrific work rate in .

Oyeleke in that free role can be poignant to Vale’s hopes .

Pope to partner Cullen on 65 and replace the ever ready Conlon with Oyeleke dropping back to do Conlons role .

UTV only my opinion don’t take it personally 

Archived