robf

Match thread: Port Vale v Bury

Losing to a team thrown together is very worrying.
Then Askey saying it will give them a kick up the backside ,oh dear already they need motivating.
It doesn’t bode well friendly or not .
I would just hope the fans have something shout about this season .Too many very 1 in 6 players spell  disaster .
Not negative just going on what I think of the regulars who I have watched for years 

Look at the team they threw together.. it wasn’t a team of kids it was a team of trialists most of whom would probably get into a fair few L2 teams.

I think what is a little bit of a concern for me is that we never really opened up against anybody in pre-season, never made a decent number of chances or ran in that many goals.

I don't know, maybe at places like Kidsgrove and Leek we were looking to do more work on shape maybe, but for a team that has scored such a criminally low number of goals, we could really have done with the fowards getting among the goals a bit.

I don't know if anyone at the club pays any heed to stuff like xG but both the number and the quality of clearcut chances we make has been criminal. This is the one thing that has to improve in the coming season. No two ways.

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Based on that performance would you start evans next week?

No I wondn't ..... but neither would I crucify him, I'd give him time to gel on the training ground and show me that he has overcome his shortcomings  enough for me try and give him another chance ..... from the bench

On 29/07/2019 at 17:37, PV1973 said:

Based on that performance would you start evans next week?

I wouldn’t no, but that’s not to say he needs writing off as “not good enough” 

20 minutes ago, Vale89 said:

I wouldn’t no, but that’s not to say he needs writing off as “not good enough” 

Who wrote him off as not good enough?