onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kevin & Carol Buy the 'Vale; Update on July's Supporters Club Meeting

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

Indeed Jean, but so have the vast majority of us on here. Most of us do not have roles beyond "long suffering" supporters (I am aware he has spent a lot of money at the club over many years).

I was simply pointing out that he shouldn't be tarred with the same brush as our owner who has never been a Vale fan.

The whole Garlick scenario to me is quite confusing. If Fat Face is making all the decisions (which he obviously is), then what was the point of employing a CEO on a decent salary in the first place ?

Then, if no decisions being made are done so by Garlick himself, it’s difficult to see how he could be doing a good or indeed a bad job. In this case, Garlick’s actual input would be zero.

His current position to me appears to be nothing more than a glorified office manager at best.

The whole Garlick scenario to me is quite confusing. If Fat Face is making all the decisions (which he obviously is), then what was the point of employing a CEO on a decent salary in the first place ?

Then, if no decisions being made are done so by Garlick himself, it’s difficult to see how he could be doing a good or indeed a bad job. In this case, Garlick’s actual input would be zero.

His current position to me appears to be nothing more than a glorified office manager at best.

I would say that for the most part, his current role under Smurthwaite is no more than what Lodey used to do.

J

Did you stick all these knives in Garlick's back yourself or did you have help??

Doesn’t need me to stab him in the back he shot himself in the foot when him and Fradley tried to run the club from May to September.That is probably the only true thing Smurthwaite has said.

The club has deteriorated in the 3 years he has been in the role.Is that another rumour.

We need someone who is not part of Smurthwaites legacy.

Can’t see why you are defending Smurthwaites lapdog just because he seems a nice man who was just following orders.

Doesn’t need me to stab him in the back he shot himself in the foot when him and Fradley tried to run the club from May to September.That is probably the only true thing Smurthwaite has said.

The club has deteriorated in the 3 years he has been in the role.Is that another rumour.

Can’t see why you are defending Smurthwaites lapdog.

Because I've met him on a number of occasions and seen how he does his job. Have you or are you just making assumptions?

J

Can’t see why you are defending Smurthwaites lapdog just because he seems a nice man who was just following orders.

My view is that Garlick should be judged once is isn't being controlled by Smurthwaite. Anyone who believes he has been left alone to perform his job is having a laugh.

If Carol takes over, I would support and trust her to make the right decision on who she wants as CEO.

Because I've met him on a number of occasions and seen how he does his job. Have you or are you just making assumptions?

Never met him but I am not making assumptions.

His track record before he came was good but he hasn’t improved the club in his 3 year reign.

The administration sales and marketing is a shambles which you would expect him to have some input.

In fact we have dropped lower down the leagues.

We need a complete overhaul of the administration and sales side.

He is in a senior position in the club and has been paid a big salary to do his job and I can’t imagine Smurthwaite has allowed him to get away with doing sfa.(or has he?)

If you think he is the man to continue the job tell me what he has improved at Port Vale except he is a nice man and talks to the fans which is part of his job.

It’s no use blaming Smurthwaite for all our woes and as he has admitted he knows nothing about football so you would expect Garlick with his experience to advise him.

Never met him but I am not making assumptions.

His track record before he came was good but he hasn’t improved the club in his 3 year reign.

The administration sales and marketing is a shambles which you would expect him to have some input.

In fact we have dropped lower down the leagues.

We need a complete overhaul of the administration and sales side.

He is in a senior position in the club and has been paid a big salary to do his job and I can’t imagine Smurthwaite has allowed him to get away with doing sfa.(or has he?)

If you think he is the man to continue the job tell me what he has improved at Port Vale except he is a nice man and talks to the fans which is part of his job.

It’s no use blaming Smurthwaite for all our woes and as he has admitted he knows nothing about football so you would expect Garlick with his experience to advise him.

Just because you advise someone doesn't mean they listen.

Archived